Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       07-08-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
hey guys, i'm headed out to portland and i'm going to active water sports.

i'm interested in 2009 Ronix One bindings, are they any good? and how to the Liquid Force watsons and shanes compare for weight comfort and quality?

thanks.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
All of them are commonly talked about as being great boots. i would suggest putting them all (even others you might not have considered) on in the store and seeing what fits your foot best. jump up and down with it on (with permission) and wiggle around and such to get the feel.

as for weight... i think the ronix ones are lightest, unless you are considering the limited LF boots
Old    sandvign            07-08-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
Those are 3 totally different bindings you are talking about. The Shanes will be come up the lowest on your ankle and have the least support but greatest mobility. The Ones are a mix between good support and mobility. Pretty middle of the road as far as stiffness goes. The Watsons are the stiffest, come up the highest on your ankle and offer the most support.

As far as weight goes the two LF boots are heavier than the Ronix. The new 09 Ronix boots are insanely light with no base. Pretty amazing from an engineering and design standpoint. The quality is going to be about the same on all the boots but I will have to give the nod there to the LF boots...just cause I'm LF bias. Now if you are talking the limited LF stuff they are a lot lighter, but I dont think quite as light as the Ronix boots. Not really a noticeable difference though between the limiteds and the Ones.

One thing I like about the LF stuff is that there is the option to get open toe. I haven't bought on to the open toe craze. Its just a personal preference but I always end up wiggling my toes around and playing with my feet with closed toe bindings cause my toes get caught and end up in weird positions. Plus sometimes your toes get jammed up one hard landings. Again though that is just a personal preference.

My biggest suggestion to you tho in comparing these bindings is GO TO YOUR LOCAL PROSHOP. Try them all on and move around in them. Try and FEEL the difference between the 3. Buy on fit and feel not on looks. Too many people buy on looks. Bad idea in my book. Would you rather look cool on the swim platform or perform better behind the boat. Good luck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-08-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
i ride the 09 limited shanes....the most comfortable and supportive bindings i've ever ridden. check 'em out.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2009, 2:36 AM Reply   
Out of all the 09 Hype boots the Murrays are my favorite.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       07-09-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
i'm going to try on almost every single binding they have , i just want to make sure that i get an opinion on them first, if i'm going to spend 400+ dollars, i want the best.

thanks guys.