Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
my 6 year old was up on the 2nd pull (well only for 5 seconds) but he was up!!!!!!! pics to follow. Big thanks to Steve G.!!!!! my son had been wanting to get on a board so toward the end of the session on Sunday we gave him a chance. i was in the water with him he asked what to do. he did a little face plant first pull but was fired up for the second. he popped right up and was up for a good few seconds. his third he even did better than the second popped up.... brought the handle to his hip and was riding for a good 10-15 seconds then lost his balance. all he said when i got to him was "Dad wakeboarding is fun!!!!!!" i was so stoked for him. my wife did not get any pics of him up and the vid looks real bad next time out i will get some better pics. Once again big thanks to Steve G down on lake Eleinore for taking me out all these times and taking time for bren!!!!! he is stoked to go again!!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-21-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Shawn ~~ Right on with supporting your boy to ride. My boy started at 4yrs (his choice) and is ripping at 7yrs old. He just had a chance to play on a skate and now cant decided which one to ride. It gets a whole lot better from here, I just don't have a boat and a lot of my friends and more than happy to have him ride along. Let's see some pictures when you get them.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
Thanks to Jimmy Trask my 6 yr old son Liam finally got up long line 2 weeks ago. Before he was always riding a couple of feet back from the platform and could never get up by himself. I know the feeling Shawn, it sure put a huge smile on my face as well as my sons. Now he wants to go every day after work. Congrats Shawn, to you and your son!! Its one of those moments you wouldnt trade for the world.
Upload
Old     (flip360)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Congratulations Shawn, cant wait till my son gets old enough to start to learn to wakeboard for now I will just keep watching Barney.
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
you got that right guys...... it felt like i could not get to him fast enough to give him his congrats and yes high fives and knuckle bumps were the first thing he got. not only is first time riding but it was only his second time on the boat. i guess sitting around with me watching "the book" with me helps..... now if i could only get the wife to take some good action shots just messing she had the next lil ripper my little girl is more fearless than my son is i will get some next time he goes with me i don't think that will be to hard getting him up @ 5:00 in the morning for the Elsi dawn patrol any more.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-21-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Shawn ~~ That's funny you say it wont be hard to wake him up for dawn patrol anymore, both my kids are way to easy to wake up when we are heading out for a set. It takes us at least 1 hour to get to a lake so we leave pretty early. I just told my girl that is 4yrs old that it would be a lot easier to wake her up if we were going boating this morning. Eye's half open and her hair all over the place asked if we can go boating instead of the sitters house today.
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
no doubt Josh my son get so excited before we go he sleeps in his boards. but that makes it easy on me getting him ready in the morning. shoes... check.... shirt..... check....hoodie..... check ....... lets roll
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
If you ever want to feel like you suck, go to the OWC one day and watch those kids ride. I swear they are doing raleys around the corners and hitting the sliders by the time they are 7.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-21-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
He looks great! Bent over a bit, but hey, he's keeping the handle down! Not bad form for his first attempt.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Not to steal the tread but I'm a proud daddy too:
2.5 years old and lovin' it!!!

Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-25-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
congrats man!

nothing like watching the rippers of tommrow
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-27-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
that kids face is priceless. He looks like he is having so much fun!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
The wipe out was a little more brutal than I was expecting, but I think he was more shocked by the cold water.
I started goofing off and my last view of my kid was him horizontal about 2 feet off the water. When we popped back up he looked at me and just said "BOAT!!!" Which, since I speak Nate, means "Get me back on the damn boat Dad!!!"
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Here's my son his first day ever wakeboarding. I was proud of the little ripper. Pretty gutsy for his first time out. He just turned 9. He has a little wakeskating experience from this season, but this was his first time strapped in and he loves it!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dammsamm)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
how did you get the little ones up the first time deep water? my shorty doesn't have the hand strength i guess any ideas he's 4 he's on a motive with spin bindings... livin the dream
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-29-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
Congrats Shawn! I know I was proud when my 4 year nephew got up his first try and rode away.Upload

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on August 29, 2007)
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
That's awesome. I felt the same way when each one of my boys got up the very first time and still do. Here's my 5 yrs old at Lake McClure two weekends ago. His older brother, my soon to be 7 yrs old is practicing his jumping now.

Upload

(Message edited by kvoman on August 29, 2007)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-29-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
love the picts of the little ones. thats whats its all about. those smiles
Old     (scottman)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-30-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Nothing like watching the little ones take after us old guys. Here's my 4 year old, he learned deep water starting earlier this year...
Upload

(Message edited by scottman on August 30, 2007)
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
My 6yr old daughter just learned how to wakeboard in July. Got up on her first try.

Upload
Upload
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
OK you guys are killing me! My son is 19 months and I'm ready to take him riding, but I think I've got a while longer to wait. :-)
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-31-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
I finally got some pictures back from Powell that my buddie took. We were working on my boy's edge tech. and I was driving. Well 7yrs old and digging the edge in. After this cut he took off the wake and caught his toe edge super hard and got right back in there and took another session.
Upload