Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
I don't either, but I pick one up from my local shop every month. I will see if one of our IT guys can scan it for you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-02-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Scan that shot of Colin Harrington doing a TS BS 540 while you're at it. Everyone should see that!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hey I just got a email from WW and I won the Relentless Video. SWEET
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-02-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, I finally got all the prize notifications out. There were 47 of them!! Check your mailboxes!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-02-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Someone must have made a mistake??? I didnt get one.
Old    shopguy            09-02-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
It's like this people...Is chevy the best car manufactor made? Maybe? Is BMW? If i came out with a car that got say 200 miles per gallon..Would i sell it?....Huuuummmmmmmm..
Old    catalyst            09-02-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
wakeboarders rank shouldnt only be about video parts, put into consideration contests, personality, what they have brought to the sort, innovations made by them and and yes videos to. You cant look at one video and say okay vandal is god or parks is god just from there part and the trick they pulled. PArks deffinatly deserves top ten as he competes and does well, has good video parts, has mad several innovations from the first 1080 to raising the bar on sliders and contest runs and also if he is at a contest he is easy to go talk to our score an autograph off of ect. Randal does have awesome video parts and tries to innovate the none contest side wakeboarding however i have never seen him be apart of the community in a sense of helping people or out or donating time for demos (I dont live in the states so i dont know what he does down there except may the gb tour). There is alot to consider about who makes a great wakeboarder. Tricks arent everything.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-02-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
man, that really hurt to read.
Old    skippy            09-03-2004, 2:52 AM Reply   
At the end of the day this is the 'Riders choice awards' for all of you who don't agree with the winners, just remember the votes have been cast by the majority.

If I were you I'd be extremely grateful that the majority didn't have the same taste as you. I guess that is what makes you unique.
If everybody had the same taste as me then you'd all want to go out with my GF

I’m happy to be different.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2004, 2:58 AM Reply   
Aaron W., I agree! i lost all of my respect for Randall in Orlando this year. To make a long story short, he almost started a fight with some of us. He acted like a complete idiot!! i respect him as a rider because he is sick but he sux as a person. (from what I've seen) But hey...he likes it that way
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
Yes I'm back & This makes me sick!

Absolute Absolute Absoluteeeeeeeee is the board of the year! Hyperlite Sucks
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-03-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
What I thought was funniest is the X-star getting boat of the year when most people probably haven't even ridden one. Same deal again I guess; marketing and hype.
Old    absolutofft            09-03-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I rode behind an x-star for the first time on monday. The wake DID NOT have the pop i was expecting. The wake was of a similar size to the wake on my 19ft mastercraft sportstar. The difference is the x-star was running just the standard ballast (1000lbs?) and I run 2400lbs of ballast. My wake is also an awful lot more vertical so it really boots you if you just straighten your legs at the top of the wake. With the x-star you really have to ride right up the long slope like it was a ramp.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-03-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
If you load the crap out of that boat, the wake is humungus. It is way differant than most wakes. It is really long with a lip at the end. Most riders leave early on their tricks when they first ride the wake. Once you get used to it it is great. Gigantic DU's!
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-03-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Any List...Any where...any time and Randall should be at the top of the list. More Style and amplitude then any other rider out there. Because he does not do many comps and conform to the "norms" of wakeboarding society he will never be thought of in the same regard as the parks and shawns of the world. Not that they are not great riders in their own respect, I just think that style should play a larger roll.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-03-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
People on this site are better at talking crap than almost any other group I have come across before. If there was any one perfect board out there it would make it a waste of time to have a selection. There are a lot of people here that know what they are talking about and a lot that just like to argue. Then there is that other group of riders that is soo "core" that they wont even ride hyperlite products. Way up top there was a post about Burton, and I kinda feel the same way about hyperlite: they have put a lot of time and money into promoting the sport that we love, plus they make a decent product and have always stood behind all of my warranty issues. That said there is tons of other good stuff out there too. I won't even begin to say which is "best". Whatever...I think I forgot my point already. I think I'll go ride and not worry about it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-03-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
I prefer not to ride hyperlite because I cannot afford their equipment and find their boards/bindings on the heavy side. That is preference, it always will be preference. Im sure some people out there like their boards like their women...heavy and expensive (the heavier they are, the less you have to spend for them to get that way).
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
top 5 boards ive ridden

03 Premier dna(sorry but i like it)
Obrien Demented
Dup Nelson
CWB Prodigy(03)
CWB Absolute

Favorite bindings

Cwb Zeus
99 HL Belmonts

My top riders as of now

1Danny Harf
2Phillip Soven
3Parks Bonifay
4Chad Sharpe
5.Randy harris
6.eric ruck
7.jd webb
8.Shawn murray
9.Darin Shapiro
10.Trevor Hanson

girl only one Mrs Dallas Friday
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
I love my Hyperlite Motive. My Byerly boots are super comfy and provide the perfect combination of support and release in a hard fall. However they are heavy and the Boa system has reliability issues.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-04-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
Id rather ride 'like' Shawn Watson or Erik Ruck then Randy. Randy is really good though.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
this thread has alot of posts
Old    rypayne            09-04-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
randell is pretty fly for a white guy