Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-22-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
going to need some help..went out a few weeks ago on my 04 outback with the TBI injected 350, i killed a battery ( terminal melted off and she was ticking the night before when i had the pro mariner charging her ) luckily i was with a few friends and they towed me back. bought a new battery and everything works but my fuel system.she will crank over, lights work, stereo works.. thought it was a bad fuel pump so we did a direct power line from the ignition to the pump, when you turn the key to on it now kicks on the pump. great so i know its not the pump but no fuel shooting out of the injectors. so i went and check all the breakers i could find, checked the main by the batteries and that one was good, looked under the helm and didn't really see any breakers, looked behind the motor and saw 3 relays, a 50amp breaker and a connector with 3 15 amp fuses..fuses looked good, and the 50 amp was still pushed in. i took one of the relays to autozone and they cross ref. it and was able to pick a new one up. so i switched it out one at a time and tried to see if the fuel would prime each time i switched out the relays. nothing. So i saw that if you have a bad oil pressure switch it will kill the fuel system if it doesn't read the oil pressure. so i bought a OPS and i just installed it and nothing. im lost, am i missing something? last thing i wanna do is drop 900$ on a new ECU to find out i missed a a small breaker or a 40$ 50amp breaker?
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-22-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
had the same issue with my truck last year or so it seems. Dropped it at a friends house to do some body work. but he said the battery died so he tried charging it and nothing. So I got a new battery and terminals since it was all corroded. Then the same issue your having... Cranked good, all fuses and relays were good, thought it was the fuel pump, ran a hot wire and it primed so it wasn't that. Ended up being the computer was fried. I think he fried it when it was on the charger some how. From what I understood was the computer is what tells the pump to prime and if its not getting info from the computer it acts as a fail safe so as to not prime the fuel pump. May be different on your TBI how ever, it sounds so similar to me I bet it is. Once we got the new computer and I had the shop program it. She fired up like nothing was wrong. OF course my dodge only cost 300 bucks or so.... But I think that's why they call them boats (BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND) its sad but true.
Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-22-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
I talked to a guy who use to work or still does work for indmar..he said it could either be the ignition module or the ecu..he also said the module is more prone to the voltage change then the ecu..maybe I can buy one of the modules and hopefully that fixes it..idk ye..I haven't checked spark yet since I don't have a spare set of eyes right now haha

Last edited by Motosno963; 07-22-2014 at 2:48 PM.
Old     (jzelt)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-24-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
Our supra had a similar issue. (no power to the fuel pump).
Took it to dealer and they diagnosed there was a ~15 amp fuse that was broke. I replaced the same 3 relays one at a time as you.

I know you said you checked the 3 15 amp fuses, ours was inline by the vdrive and below the relays. Check to see if you have that one replaced. That would run the fuel pump.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2014, 1:52 PM Reply   
Years ago i had a loose connection in my fuel pump. Drove me crazy trying to find out what was happening (it only stopped working every once and a while)

Once i figured it out it was a 30 second (free) fix.

In my boat (nautique) there are 2 fuel pumps, a low and high pressure. It was the low pressure without the connection so when I turned the key you could still here the hi flow pump kick in
Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-28-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
heres the thing tho, i can do a jump wire right to the pump and she will prime the system, when i go to start it ( im assuming) theres no power to the injectors and it wont push the fuel into the intake. I know theres the 3 big relays and next to them theres 3 small 15? amp fues all together under one big cap and they look good..i think we took a volt meter to them and had power. from there i think it goes to the ecu..i checked the spark and shes got good spark.. so idk what it could be now