Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (devans19)      Join Date: May 2005       11-08-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
Just thought I would share- I recently bought a used boat and needed some new speaker covers. I called the factory for my JL Audio speakers and they wouldn't sell me new covers. If I ordered them through a stereo shop they would take 6-8 weeks. After calling 10 different JL dealers I finally found one that would sell them to me for $10 Ea x 4 = $40.

For my Arc Audio speaker covers I called the factory in Modesto, CA. I talked to David and Chuck and they immediately sent me three covers free of charge and even paid for my shipping.

Also, as a side note, I had Arc Audio speakers in my last boat and they sound great at a great price. Those guys definately won my business.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Arc is classy. First class stuff and great to deal with. I'd use them over most. Arc speakers are OK, but the amps are absolutely great
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-08-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
My 06 x 2 has 6 arc xxk amps and 6 12 inch flat lines. Arc audio is one the best audio brands out.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-08-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
wow you have 6 12" flat lines... good god you boat must slam and shake the lake!!!

I am going to be running some XXK amps and ID Cameleon components and most likely ARC 12" flat line or 12" ID Max sub... sealed box under the driver area.

I had 4150 CXL amp and 2 10" ID subs, those ended up in my 07 GTI with a set of DLS UR6.3' 3-way components. Sounds so clean and tight!
Old     (firedawg)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
My 05 VLX is all ARC Audio with an Alpine deck. I swear by ARC. Like jeff says, the amps are probably one of the best. Cant go wrong with ARC.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-09-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
this is one of the added benefits of buying from a good company.. arc gear is very, very nice(any zeff design is awesome..)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-09-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
yea man 6 flat lines. kustom kar audio in santa rosa did the system and their about to do the same system in a orange 06 x 2. dude it pounds.arc is the shi... greg you wont be let down. knot to knock id max they are dope but the flat lines get it, hard
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-09-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
Jerry is that Joe you speak of?
Old    enriched            11-10-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Flat lines have a very aggresive hard sound to them, were an ID Max is much more soft sounding.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-10-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
Jerry is correct the stuff pounds I really just wanted to get a post in from Shanghai !!!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-10-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
hows shanghai joe? i cant wait until your boat gets done. hope you have a great time and again thanks for the talk the other day.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-10-2006, 11:59 PM Reply   
lance,

do you really think the idmax is soft sounding ? i have heard it on many ocassions and soft is not how i would describe it (they sound very similiar imo) eric at id is the designer of the arc subs(as you all ready know)...

what is your reccomended enclosure, amp, crossover for a id max ?

(Message edited by clubmyke on November 11, 2006)
Old    enriched            11-11-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
I don't think they sound anything alike. I have ID Max's in my car in a sealed enclosure, and have installed Flatlines in a sealed enclosure. There both a diffrent bass.
Old    enriched            11-11-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
As far as enclosure, amp, crossover go's... My experience with max's is that they are very forgiving. I've heard two max's in a .75cu box each with 300 watts a woofer and it POUNDED. Not only did it pound, but it also sounded very precise. I've also heard them in a box twice that size and it sounded great. Woofers and speakers are very subjective. There are alot of factors involved. Like the quality of the amp, the type of enclosure,(ported, bandpass, sealed) and placement. Flatlines and ID Max's are made by the same manufacturer but they are not the same woofer,(Just ask Eric@Image Dynamics). I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm saying I am more fond of the sound of the max.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-12-2006, 3:55 AM Reply   
lance,

thanks for the comeback..i've played around with id stuff over the years and have chatted with eric on many ocassions(the latest one was over some tower speaker designs i've been toying with)...

as robert zeff is one of the premier designers and thought leaders in amp design, eric stevens would hold that status for mobile audio drivers and crossovers (he has a couple new designs that a really innovative to say the least)

my experience with the idmax was a little bit different...i found them a little unforgiving and requiring much, much more power than a idq, a larger and stiffer box (they require at least 500-700 rms each and more is better-they will work with less but not hit)......

to my ears the idq sounded a little more soft in absolute lower bass(better upperbass super high sq) while the idmax had better lower bass(higher spl)

-i would not describe a idmax as"soft" as mentined in a previous post...if it did, there would have to be a problem in the setup( imo 300 rms to each woofer is wwwwaaayyyy underpowering them...i'll run that in my idq setup (and have), but not a idmax setup (i run all zapco reference and/or jl class d on the subs)

i have heard the arc flatlines on a couple occasions and they are really wonderful subs..they sounded very similar to the idmax imo (actually better..bass was very deep and a smige tighter than the idmax -i like the aluminum cone quite a bit)...there is a "family likeness" imo..

btw, the best sub set i have heard to this day was a single idmax 12 in a ib setup in a honda accord (woofer in the center of the trunk and on a 2" thick piece of carpted & glass piece of wood seperating the trunk down the middle - the woofer facing forward) running off a zapco 1100.1.

(Message edited by clubmyke on November 12, 2006)