Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-05-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
i dont have any pics but i have a supra launch 24 ssv so you can imagine the wake but anyways lets see the pics
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-05-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Here we go again!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-05-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Me and my 20' DD. no ballast!

Upload
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-05-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Ya right Ryan that's from my 16 ft I/O!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-05-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
I think people are tired of these posts.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-05-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
nuh uuh!

Forum trolls!!!
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-05-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
agree...please no more threads of:

-biggest wake
-best wake
-best boat
etc..
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-05-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
nauti, I've never been a big nautique fan, but I really like the look of your boat! Very nice!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
Or, no more:

"Chevy vs Ford" threads
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
nauti, what's with the boat in your profile pic not sitting properly? Uneven ballast?
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-05-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
thanks...

it is setup for surfing... btw, caddywampus means "The state of being grossly out of alignment, skewed, or uneven."
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-05-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Didn;t you guys know? My MB has the biggest wake around hands down bar none end of story ha ha ha ha ha
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-05-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
I tried to tell you. My mb 190 plus is da bomb!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-06-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Hey, I know that dude... That is a nic boat Nautie.

Chase - I doubt that You have a 24SSV. Most likely it's your parents. AND I can't imagine it so show it off if you have it.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Wow... that is a beautiful color combo Nautie... I give it a 10. Probably my favorite 211 color scheme... we'll see if this changes now that they introduced a lower accent stripe for 07
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hi, Chase aka Colby.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-07-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
KevinL, you'll break Colby down eventually! He'll have to show his face.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
He is getting better at hiding his identity.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
The Launch 24 SSV wake is almost as big as the malibu wakesetter23 lsv's
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-08-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
How about this boat? You can have 4 wakes to choose from. . . may require a lot of ballast, though.
Upload
Upload
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
What is that thing used for??? I wanna know more.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-08-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Regarding the pontoon boat: I heard that it was moored on the west side of Washington State and was heavily guarded by people in civilian clothes. None would disclose the boat's owner or function.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-08-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
If you could ballast that thing up, you could really surf in the middle where the two wakes come together.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-08-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
I heard it was out on Dock M, but I could be wrong..
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-08-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
I saw that thing on the news! No one has any idea what it's for... I say we find it.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-08-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
from freerepublic.com

Secret craft sails sea of speculation[Washington-Mystery Ship]
The Oregonian ^ | 07 Nov 2006 | PETER SLEETH

Posted on 11/07/2006 11:04:18 AM PST by FLOutdoorsman

Sightings - A pontoon vessel passes through Ilwaco, Wash., but those involved with the strange boat aren't talking

It looked like Spiderman's own ride, a 99-foot mystery craft resembling a monstrous metallic spider riding on two pontoons. It emerged from a fog bank to dock at the Port of Ilwaco, Wash., then left the next day with the crew refusing to talk.

Even as answers on who built the boat are now surfacing, the vessel remains an enigma. Pictures of the craft shoot across cyberspace while chat sites ponder just what the boat could be used for. But the inventor remains mum.

It turns out that a California inventor named Ugo Conti holds a patent for such a vessel. Conti, who has nine other registered patents, owns a company called Marine Advanced Research, in El Cerrito, Calif. He could not be reached for comment, but Conti's wife, Isabella, acknowledged the craft was owned by Marine Advanced Research. She said everyone involved with the boat was operating under strict confidentiality agreements.

"We're planning a press conference in January, given that the boat is not yet finished," she said.

She offered no more details.

The boat first began drawing curious stares when it surfaced in September.

In the Olympic Peninsula village of Sequim, Wash., in mid-September, people were shocked when they saw the bizarre vessel offshore. Was it military? Could it be a private yacht? No one could get close.

By Sept. 29, it had moored overnight on the southern Washington coast at the Port of Ilwaco, allowing photographers to document the boat's existence and spread the news through the yachting community.

"When we saw it, the fog was coming in and all you could see was the legs, and it was like, 'where did the big spider come from?' It was creepy," said Melissa Stern, who works at the Port. "It generated a lot of interest."

The crew, dressed in civilian clothes, slept on board and declined to discuss their craft. The boat carried no identifying marks, as is typically required for all motorized vessels. The U.S. Coast Guard in Washington, D.C., said it had no record of such a vessel. The next morning the boat vanished out to sea.

The crew did leave behind clues, however.

After docking and paying the moorage fees, the captain of the vessel wrote in Port records that it was owned by Advanced Marine Research Inc. and had a registration number of DL 0899 AA. That number meant it was registered in Delaware. A spokeswoman for the boat licensing arm of the state said the details contained in boat registration records were private, except for the fact the vessel had just recently been registered in Delaware. Yet the boat apparently was manufactured only recently -- in Washington.

The mystery ship was apparently built in Anacortes, Wash., under the direction of Jim Antrim, a California yacht designer. A call to his office resulted in a polite no comment, echoing Isabella Conti's confidentiality agreement.

A call to the Dakota Creek shipyard in Anacortes was not returned. The boat had been seen there this summer, said a spokesman for the harbor master's office.

Ugo Conti's patent, approved in April 2005, offers some clues, describing the craft this way:

The boat is ". . . an entirely different type of vessel that creates the minimum possible disruption of the waves. In other words, this vessel does not push, slap or pierce the waves but instead 'dances' with them. . . . The vessel has a pair of flexible hulls flexibly coupled to a 'cabin' between and above the hulls, thereby allowing the hulls to independently follow the surface of the water. Motor pods are hinged to the back of the hulls to maintain the propulsion system in the water. . . ."

The patent lists possible uses as rescue or patrol vessels, pleasure craft, military uses or research vessels for deployment of submarines or other instruments.

The patent notes the boat could potentially move at 60 knots or more per hour with a range of 2,000 miles.

After leaving Ilwaco on Sept. 30, the boat was not seen again until early October, when it moored at the Marine Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, Calif.

As of Monday, it was still tied up in San Francisco Bay. A spokesman for the moorage said he was not allowed to discuss the vessel.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-08-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
It actually produces little or no wake:

October 20, 2006

Antrim inflatable cat attracts attention

A curious looking cat has been getting a lot of attention since being spotted in the San Francisco Bay area and in the Port of Ilwaco, Wash.

The vessel received widespread attention when someone posted some pics on flickr.

Despite it's gray, hull it is not some hush hush ONR project. According to latitude38.com, it's been designed by yacht designer Jim Antrim of Antrim Design based on a concept by Ugo Conti of Advanced Marine Research, Inc.

Ugo Conti holds a U.S. patent issued last year for flexible ocean-going vessels with surface conforming hulls.

The patent is for "an entirely different type of vessel that creates the minimum possible disruption of the waves. In other words, this vessel does not push, slap or pierce the waves but instead 'dances' with them.

The invention "utilizes flexibility to change and adjust the vessel's structure and form to the water surface, instead of adjusting or changing the water to conform to the vessel."

"The vessel has a pair of flexible hulls flexibly coupled to a 'cabin' between and above the hulls, thereby allowing the hulls to independently follow the surface of the water. Motor pods are hinged to the back of the hulls to maintain the propulsion system in the water, even if the stern of one or both hulls tends to lift out of the water when crossing swells and the like."

Antrim Design describes its vessel as an experimental 100 ft inflatable power cat and says the design was developed entirely with Autodesk Inventor Professional.

The vessel's 100-ft catamaran hulls are, in fact, inflatables and were reportedly manufactured by Wing Inflatables of Arcata, Calif.

The assemblies on the catamaran hulls that look like the way a windscreen wiper blade attaches to its arm are massive shock absorbers and support the structures from which the cabin is suspended.

The craft is said to be capable of cross-ocean voyages and a press conference is coming in a few weeks.

-->