Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
i just got back from riding, and when we were heading into the marina, i noticed that the stb. side from tower mount was really really loose, has anyone ran into this? let me know please
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-21-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Obviously your boat was a Friday boat.

Let your dad return it.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       07-21-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
the new mastercraft towers need to be tightened down every once and a while. the screws some times come loose so just check them every once and a while. you only really have to tighten the tower once or twice a year.
hope your boat works out.
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Collin I have never seen so many problems with 1 person. XSTAR problems, binding problems and more. Just wondering if you thought about a different sport, like chess, checkers or tennis. grow up dude and quit putting all of your petty problems on the forum. You sound alot like the boy who cried wolf.....BTW I have owned a 1999 four wins, 2002 XSTAR and currently a 2005 SANTE 210 and combined over the last 8 years I dont think I have had as many problems as you have had in the last week....peace
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
i dont no, maybe we got a lemon and im just not used to all the problems, we used to have a donzi and that boat is so simple and solid that we never had problems, i just have to get used to it,

good one...chess? checkers?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2007, 3:00 AM Reply   
wow j, a 40 yr old laying down the law on the wild, helpless teenager.

you tell him j, you tell him.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2007, 3:04 AM Reply   
Colin, for the price you paid for your boat you shouldn't be having any problems. They do make simpler (and solid) wakeboard boats (less shiny chrome and gimmicks) that don't have problems and perform just as good if not better.

(Message edited by jovedawake on July 22, 2007)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-22-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Ok, you pay $70k on a boat and you have to tighten the bolts one or twice a year??? That doesn't sound like very good engineering.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       07-22-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
yeah, the mastercraft towers are not engineered very well.....they are nice looking and have some nice features but they are kindof a pain in the ass at the same time. other than that i have no complaints about MC.
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Mavy have you have a good point. My apologies to the board. You might want to look at all of his posts though. Helpless teenager, I think not. Look at all of his negative, vulgar posts. I have no sympathy for him or his useless whining....If you need or want good help on this board post up responsibly. Good you can run to his rescue though......
Old    bocephus            07-22-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   

quote:

By Colin Hambling (themxercr85) on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 6:21 pm:

i just got back from riding, and when we were heading into the marina, i noticed that the stb. side from tower mount was really really loose, has anyone ran into this? let me know please

Colin,
I don't know your history on this forum or know why everyone attacks but here is my two cents regarding your tower...

I have an '06 SAN 210 and the tower mounts did loosen over time. My dealer is awesome though and followed up with Correct Craft. Correct Craft issued a service update for all Nautiques and now all new Nautiques come with the tower double bolted so they can not loosen over time. Since I don't have an X-Star I don't know how the tower is mounted but you might want to look into double bolting them. Correct Craft uses what looks like two 3/4" nuts with nylon inserts.

They look like this:

Upload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-22-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Towers on MC's just seem to have a lot of problems...
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-22-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
I noticed today the same problem on my 06 210 as Bocephus. I never thought about posting, I just grabbed a wrench and tightened it. There was no way that I was pulling the boat off the lift, putting it on the trailer and handing it over to the dealer for that. I have owned numerous boats. They all had some issue or another. You should expect to have to take care of a couple things once in awhile. It does not matter if you paid 10 thousand or 70. Stuff will vibrate and shake loose. With a little curiousity and a decent set of tools you can deal with most things in a couple minutes. Now when you blow the engine after 10 hours or the transmission fails after 20 you can complain all you want. Get to know your boat and don't be afraid to get your hands a little dirty.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-22-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
^^^^AMEN^^^^
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-23-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Yeah... It causes me a ton of problem to reach over and grab the tower mount to tighten it up while I'm drinking a beer and going for a boat ride.......

Yeah, they've been known to loosen. Some boats more than others. I'm on my third boat with the newer style tower. The first two loosened on occasion, the current one has been tight since day one. Hmmmm.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
I heard something about tower alignment,it will loosen more if not aligned properly...?
Old    bocephus            07-23-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   

quote:

By Air Again (airagain) on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 8:47 pm:

I noticed today the same problem on my 06 210 as Bocephus. I never thought about posting, I just grabbed a wrench and tightened it. There was no way that I was pulling the boat off the lift, putting it on the trailer and handing it over to the dealer for that. I have owned numerous boats. They all had some issue or another. You should expect to have to take care of a couple things once in awhile. It does not matter if you paid 10 thousand or 70. Stuff will vibrate and shake loose. With a little curiousity and a decent set of tools you can deal with most things in a couple minutes. Now when you blow the engine after 10 hours or the transmission fails after 20 you can complain all you want. Get to know your boat and don't be afraid to get your hands a little dirty.

Yes I agree, however I was already taking my boat in for a 100 hour service and some other warranty work.

My dealer has been absolutely great to me so I let them make some money off of me by letting them do all the service too. They gave me the lowest price on a new 210 that I have ever heard of Signature Series or not and took my trade-in...so they get all my repair work if I can do it or not and all of my equipment purchases too!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-23-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
little sarcasm when i said wild and helpless...

you're right. i was his knight in shining armor. i came to his rescue and fought off the dragon!

now all may live free on wakeworld.
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
LOL...I am glad you put me in check as I have 2 teenagers myself and I am definitely more patient than I came across.... Peace
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-23-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
that's check mate to you. haha cheers
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
LOL Mavy, if you thought I was tough on this kid you need to check out his other thread....This might actually be stale mate! You will laugh your a.. off........I am not sure you will be able to save him from that one though....Looks rough over there...Peace

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/477043.html?1185319074}
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
yeah the head guy from a dealer in issaquah came down this morning, really nice guy, and he helped up out with the tower, he even said no one has had this many probs with their boat, its all good now i think, thanx guys
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
you got me. game over.