Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
I took this pic in Sacramento at the Malibu Open and it turned out pretty cool - a complete accident. Sorta blurs the line between real life and the virtual world.

blur

* just in case anyone is wondering, this image has not been modified in any way *
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
That's pretty cool....I did a double-take on it!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-06-2003, 10:38 PM Reply   
How about this one from last years Malibu Open in Sac.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
THAT is a sweet picture. I thought it was a raley at first glance.
P.S. Yes black socks and shoes with shorts does blur the line between real life and the virtual world.(background) My wife would be proud of me being the fashion police.
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 12:20 AM Reply   
looks a lil fakey up near the shoulder

might not be fake, might just be bad picture quality, but, i dunno

fake?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-07-2003, 1:20 AM Reply   
Well I already said that I didn't modify the picture. If you take a look on Wakeworld you'll see that I do a ton of photos here so my credibility is pretty high.

All I can say about the area you highlighted is that it appears to be a shadow from the board. The pic quality isn't very high since is scanned from a 35mm negative.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-07-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Actually I think it's his vest. That pic in no way looks photoshopped.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-07-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
It looks like he has 2 right hands to me.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Enough with the photoshop conspiracies. The pic is real. IF you notice, the shadows on the rider, and the shadows on shore are EXACTLY in the same position in regards with the direction of the sun. That would be impossibe to replicate using photoshop. Great pic.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-07-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Bill,

That's REALLY cool. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2003, 5:05 PM Reply   
clay: was there a need to call him out and accuse him of photoshopping his pic on TWO DIFFERENT websites? wouldnt one be enough? the pic is legit...i was videoing about 10 feet to his right and although my video doesnt have froggy lining up with the background like he is in bill's pic, its awfully close.

(Message edited by scott_a on August 07, 2003)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
That is cool you should send it to Yahoo, on their news sites they post pics, and a lot of times you see pics like yours, real unusual ones. Especially in their more popular or editor's pics section, you might get it posted.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2003, 5:23 PM Reply   
Yeah also look at the girls in the background, it is obvious they are looking right at the direction of the rider.
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
i didnt know he actually took the pic, i thougth he just saw it and thought it was cool, im not callin anyone a liar or anything, it just lookes like his shoulder has a wierd black area around it, i do a lot of photoshop work and it looks like an un-evenly cropped image, but maybe it was a natural occurance that made it look like that
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
also i was lookin at the pic at 4 in the morning so i was kind of out of it, the more i stare at it, the more i can see it looks like a vest seam
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
the green bib that froggy is wearing hung over his shoulders a bit and that is what caused it to look like "uneven cropping."
Old    claids            08-07-2003, 6:25 PM Reply   
ah, my bad