Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
^Jim that one dude stole your hat! :-)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-12-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Kyle got an early birthday present.....'09 Lyman with Shane CT boots. Upload

He also finished the boater's course and exam last night. Anytime after the 23rd you could see him at the wheel of the X-star!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-13-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
Dave. LOL

Hey Kyle, Happy early birthday. Nice setup and congrats on your boating course.

Yesterday Ken,Bill,John,Steve and I hit the river for some mid week riding. We got a quick shower just as we were launching but it ended fast. At first the conditions were ok but when the wind changed with the tide it was like being in the ocean. So we headed north all the way to bordentown in what looked like Deadliest Catch waters. Man it was a ruff ride. Then from the over pass to about half way towards the power plant was great water. As the night went on the water became all glass by 7:30 and we rode all the way back to Florence with my last set in dark conditions. It was a great day again.

So now I'm gonna go do a few things on the boat and tow it up to Florence and do it again tonight. Peace out!!!!
Old     (8toes)      Join Date: May 2009       08-13-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
Kyle - happy birthday...nice set up

all signed up for the wakeoff...go south
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
Yesterday was an interesting day. After watching the radar all morning and tracking the storms I knew it would be clean and no wind at Florence after 4pm so I texted Ken and Bill and told them to be at the ramp at 4. I also knew that I was going to have to drive north on 295 thru the storm to get to Florence at 4. But I didnt realize just how much rain I was gonna be driving thru to get there, holy frickin water.

Once I got to the dock at 3:30 I was met by the biggest junk pile on the ramp I have ever seen. So I texted bill to bring a shovel and rake and started to pick up all the man made trash which was more than words can express. 30 minutes later Bill arrived with our tool and we started to clean the ramp so we could launch. Once in the water we were blessed with total glass from Florence to Bordentown and I mean not a ripple in the water, not another drop of rain and we only saw 2 boats drive past us all night til dark. It's crazy to think thats its August and the water is cold. The river never really warmed up this summer like it usually does.

Gerald I didn't know that was you in the truck when we pulled out last night. I kept looking for you on your dock last night and Wednesday night so I could offer you some pulls but I never saw you. PM me your cell # and I'll text you when I'm out there and see if you want a pull.

We had back to back great days and nights on the river. Now I gotta work all weekend. Everyone get on the water Sat. and Sunday and get it out of your systems so I can have the water to myself next week. LOL
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Someone else posted this on another page. This video of Darin is just awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeA-Sys08eg
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-14-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Jim,

We were going to go out last night but with the weather forecast we passed on it. Now I am bummed we did not go.
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Just signed up for the wakeoff as an out-of-state rider. See you guys there!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
September 26 / 27 huh.
Can I ride behind a weight less boat and still do 5 inverts? YEP! Pick me a team folks!
AK, are you south or north?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
I'm Back ;)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
Hey Zuko we are South!!!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
Yo Jeff Z! Regional affiliation is determined by where people ride. Starting-out in Turtle Cove and now riding out
of Bordentown, I'm a south rider all the way! When you register on-line you're given the choice to ride for
the north, ride for the south or to register as an out-of-state rider and go into the draft. Dude, choose to ride
for the south! And speaking of Wakeoff, I just made my Saturday night reservation at The Courtyard Rockaway.
It's going to be a big party night Saturday night and I'm not going to be wanting to drive anywhere!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-18-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Hey guys, found the NJ thread here on WW. I posted on on the NJ site a while back and big thanks to Jim (Steve and Ken too) for getting me out on a wakeboard for the first time last month.

My buddy was wanting to ride today but I'm glad I called it on weather, the storm rolled through fast right about when we woulda been heading for the ramp to call it a night. Might have been stuck waiting for the tide to come in a bit. River was rough as heck when I came over the bridge from Philly this afternoon anyhow.

I hate to miss a day on the water since it's so hard for me to find someone to drive for me, but sometimes the weather wins.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
See J & A, that's how psych HAPPENS
...But I want the BALLAST emptied for my ride!!!
Not used too that nonsense ;)
JZ
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   

(Message edited by zuka666 on August 18, 2009)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine just bought a new boat and wants to take it out on the river tonight to test things out. Anyone who wants some pulls we will be out there so flag us down. Heres his boat.

http://www.break.com/index/insane-acceleration-on-speed-boat.html

HOld on tight. LOL
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-19-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
Hey Jim I got one for ya, my arm feels like this guys head. Well not as bad.

http://www.break.com/index/wakeboarding-accident-requires-some-stitches.html
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-20-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
Out run this dirtbag. I still cann't believe the eagles gave this piece of crap a contract.

Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-20-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
This just plane crazy. Our country is in big trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEPod-hxD7g
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
I'm on a boat
I'm on a boat
everybody take a look at the..... WTF!!???
I was on a boat.

http://www.break.com/index/i-was-on-a-boat.html
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Another good night on the river. I launched at 3:30 with Ken and Gerald. Twice we had to go hide under the 295 over pass at Bordentown because of storms. But each storm pass ed thru the water laid back down flat and the sun came out. We rode til 8pm and had great water.

If anyone on here knows the guy who launches from Bordentown with a bunch of teenegers,a new blue Mastercraft boat and a lite tan SUV please tell him why power turning is stupid and driving straight lines is such a good idea.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hey Jim good to hear you guys got some riding in after we left. I got within 6 miles of home when the skies opened up.

Powerturns = :-(
Maybe we should make up a pamphlet to pass out to the offenders out there!

I wonder if Ken is having a hard time walking today after taking 6 sets yesterday!
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-24-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
Damn Ken 6 sets I am missin the water big time. Dr. says i need a month of theropy and no weights and no wakeboarding. Good news is its not a torn rotator cuff just tendenitous no surgury maybe just some cortozon shots. Goig to have a boring couple of weeks of lots of cardio and dreamin of being on the water.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-27-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
That sucks Steve, heal up quick and you'll be good to go for a few weeks of cold riding before winter.

Think I finally got me a driver for the weekend but it's looking like hurricane might ixnay the idingray this weekend. If that's the case it'll be going on 3 weeks since I've hit the river! On the plus side without all the impact my shin splints seem to be healing up faster...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-29-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
I got an email from Ryan Sorensen. Only about seven Team South people have registered for Wakeoff so far.
So, if you're thinking about competing in this year's Garden State Wakeoff, please, help Ryan out and register
ASAP. He needs to know how many team shirts and what sizes to order. He's also thinking about rider bibs.
Last year's Wakeoff was great! I rode lousy, but so what? I'm doing it again! Ryan, Ron and LHM are huge supporters
of New Jersey wakeboarding. Let's help 'em out.
https://wakeoff.com/Garden_State_Wakeoff.php
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
Man i really wish i could ride and give some support to the south but me and my wife are in a wedding that sunday. We are going to try to sneak up saturday for a little while to hang.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
I registered Brittany and I a few weeks ago.

Everyone who rides should register and come out and ride. It doesn't matter what your skill level is. There are all different riding levels to register in. There is no pressure, it is just a fun local amateur event. My daughter and I were in it last year and had fun. It is one big New Jersey ride and hang out event all day long. Trust me Ryan and Ron did an amasing job last year and I bet this year will be even better. I can not wait for that weekend.

So if you wakeboard at all you have no reason not to come ride and have a great weekend. Stop screwing around and register or else!!!!!!! LOL
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-29-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Never been to Hopatcong. Looks like a fun event to at least watch. Site says ramp is closed through the weekend though? All ramps or just one? Never been to that lake so new to me. Thought it might be fun to bring the boat and hang on the water and watch, maybe get a few pulls in at some point.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Corey the police put a barricade up in the water using their police boats so you can't get close. Plus it would be best if you didnt put your boat in so we can keep the water as calm as possible for the riders in the comp. Trust me the best seats are right on the beach cause the riders go past the beach pretty close. Bring you food and chairs and blankets and come hang on the beach like everyone else.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Just to show everyone how much fun wakeoff weekend really is, here is a video I took last year of 2 North Jersey riders doing their famous North Jersey victory dance after winning the comp.

http://www.break.com/index/best-break-dancers-of-all-time.html
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Wakeoff is held at a state park, and it's only the state park's ramp that get closed. Hopatcong's a pretty
big lake and there are other ramps to launch and other parts of the lake to ride. Some guys brought boats
last year, dumped them in after the event and boarded 'til it got dark. But like Jim suggested, it might
be easiest to just come to the event, hang on the beach, watch and have a good day. Then of course, there's
supposed to be a killer after-party.

Here's a picture of a few guys from team north at last year's after-party.
Upload

I'm on vacation this week and hope to do some midweek boarding. Anyone interested?
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-31-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
Hey Alex I see you just got the new envy touch bad ass phone. I got one last week if you got any questions give me a shout i got it figured out. Its got tons of cool options plus the camera is sweet. Much better than the Iphone LOL
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-01-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys-
Another summer has snuck by with little participation from me on here! But now that the Wakeoff is on the horizon, I am completely focused on representing the righteous South Jersey Wake Army the best I can!
And someone sent me another photo of the North team, posing for a group photo back at the shop last year. There's Ryan in the middleon the tricycle, surrounded by that strapping group from the North.
Just looking at this photo sickens me- we lost to these guys?!?!? Oh wait, I know what's missing- all the ringers they brought in had to go back to their home states and couldn't make this photo shoot! Upload
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-01-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
And while I've been committed to the South Jersey Wake Army since last year, I just got around to signing up for this years contest myself. Let's get on it, South Jersey riders! Let's get our team numbers up!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
I am registered!!! Woooowhoooo!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
Wackey Wednesday 09 was a blast yesterday.I will post the videos when I have more time cause I'm going riding again later today.

Here is me riding as Hazmat Man
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Here is Ken as Afro Man and Bill Looking for grab on the Bering Sea

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Here I am trying out for the Flyers.

Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
And Here is Party Girl Ken. In the last pic we were trying to see who had a better rack, Ken or the steel mill.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Good times Jim! We were on the river Tuesday and it was kind of breezy. Then around 3:00 or so the wind stopped
and the butter came out. Also, it looked like there's dredging or something going-on down by the power plant,
making riding down at that end totally impossible.

And in the general announcement catagory:
This Saturday, September 5, a handful of us will be boarding out of Bordentown 'til around 4:00 or so, then
after we pull-out we're going to hang-out and grill Wakefest style right there on the river bank. We may
even sample an adult beverage or two. Come on down!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
Ok here are a couple videos of Wackey Wednesday.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/23550/jim-riding-as-hazmat-man

http://www.wakepics.com/video/23551/ken-riding-as-afro-man
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
Here's 2 more.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/23552/jim-riding-as-crazy-hockey-player

http://www.wakepics.com/video/23553/ken-riding-as-party-girl
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-04-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Great vids Jim wish you could have got a close up of the people in that other boat when ken went by "Going out on jims boat for a day of ridin = Great. Wacky wensday ridin with ken wearing man boobs = PRICELESS" Looked like good times I was there in spirit
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Some more riders representing the south team at 2009 Wakeoff! North team..be afraid, be very afraid!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
DSC_0168.jpg
DSC_0171.jpg
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-07-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Well the knuckle head in the blue mastercraft was out power turning all up and down the river the other day when we were all out there. When Dennis approached him to talk to him about his driving his response was " well it's obvious that u have never driven a pickle fork mastercraft cause thats the way you have to turn these boats" WTF!! Can someone really be that stupid? Then when Dennis tried to explain to him how to do it so no water comes over the bow and no rollers go up and down the river he said " well the only reason I'm doing it is cause the water is already messed up" WTF!! I have been on the river with this guy during the week when we were the only 2 boats around and he power turns all up and down the river and right in our riding path. When they sell these guys a $60k boat they really should give them some lessons and an IQ test. No ones boat on that river has a lower nose than mine and you dont see me power turning like this genius.
My favorite quote... You can't fix stupid!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-07-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Being fellow wakeboarders, Doreen said a friendly hello to those guys at the ramp, but there was no
amiable reciprocity.
Wow! In that last picture of me I'm actually doing the right thing and initiating my 180 by keeping the handle
low and transferring it to my back hip. Now if I can only learn to not make stupid faces when I ride!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-08-2009, 4:29 AM Reply   
Does anyone know where those guys are from? We've only seen them on the river this season.
I tried to strike up a conversation as we were pulling out at the ramp last weekend. "You guys have great water to ride on right now, have fun out there". Nothing, no response, just a look and a nod. Oh well....
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
From another person here on WW after I made a few changes:

Attention: Boaters and Watersports Enthusiasts

With the river more popular than ever calm water is becoming harder to find. As most watersports are best done in calm waters a little consideration from everyone can help to make all of our outings more fun; one way of achieving this is to stop doing POWERTURNS.
(A powerturn is when the boat driver makes a wide sweeping turn-around at speed to pickup a fallen skier/rider)

When your skier/boarder/tuber falls down please slow the boat to a stop (idle speed) before returning to him/her at a slow, no-wake speed. This has a number of benefits for you and other river users:

- No unnecessary waves sent down or across the river
- No choppy water for your rider to contend with when you circle around him/her
- Reduced fuel usage
- Reduced wear and tear on your boat and equipment
- Rider has time to recover before starting again

If everyone heeds this friendly advice the conditions on the river will be much better for all of us who enjoy watersports on this river.

However, if you feel that your rider is in danger and you need to return to him/her quickly, do so.

Warning: riders/skiers can fall at any given time, therefore it is very dangerous to follow them too closely. Please keep your distance behind boats that are towing someone.

Thanks![/quote]

^I'm going to print-up some flyers to hand out to the jokers that love doing powerturns. Sounds like this guy knows what they are, but has a driving handicap when it comes to "picklefork" boats. :-) Funny.....I have no problem with water coming over the bow even with 7 people and 2500# of ballast on board. Maybe this guy needs some lessons. Lol!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Dave write on there how to cutt the wheel just b 4 the bow dips down so this pickelfork retard will understand how it down right. He launches at bordentown so people who launch at bordentown should print out the final draft and put it on his windshield
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-08-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Dave. There was that one time I was sleeping in the front and you mistimed the turn around. Wow I got wet LOL.
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
Dave you should def Make a big sign and post that at all the local ramps for all the retards out there. And as soon as I get better and get out on Jims boat I will be sure to bring my potato gun to handle all the that dont follow rules lol
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Right on par with so many other of this summer's weekends, it's supposed to rain all day this Satuday. So, once
again, I won't be towing to the river. But Sunday's supposed to be nice and I'm hoping to get-in a power
morning of riding and Wakeoff practice at The Wake Academy.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-12-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Wonderful rain today. Went to look at a truck my buddy ended up buying (up in North Jersey). Was rain on and off the whole time driving, and the rest of the afternoon after we got back.

Tomorrow looks good so trying to hit the river when the sun comes up, trying to find a third but doesn't seem promising so I'll probably sit around and waste another good day, maybe do something productive. Maybe I'll clean the boat or something, it needs a good cleaning.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-13-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Cory, sorry I didn't read your post sooner. We were out today 9am and had extra room too. Maybe next time.
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-13-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
hey Alex whats up with the Blog I tried to post some pics from my buddies Bachelor party last night but I got a message back today that there is a permanent failure???? LOL LOL
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-13-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Dave, maybe next time. Seems like all my friends work evening and weekends so it's hard to find a crew. Fortunately I ended up getting out in the morning and riding the river, then moved on to Rancocas after the river got choppy. Got out around 8:00 and pulled out around noon before all the jet skis and tubers hit the water.

Tell me you were the folks slalom skiing Rancocas this morning? If that was you I apologize for churning up the water. Motley crew I found to drive it was his first time driving a boat in years and took a bit before he got down no power turns and straight lines. It was a rough ride for me too! I was in the white Marlin I/O with blue pinstripes kneeboarding.

In any event I ended up pinching something in my back and rode through it even though it hurt every time I hit the wake. Paying for it now...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-13-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Cory that was not me, I don't ride the Rancocas. I ride out of Florence on the river.

Glad to hear you got out, but sorry about your back pain. Hope it's not too serious.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-14-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
The threat of lousy weather kept us off the river this past Saturday, but it never really seemed to rain.
Based on how calm the bay was in Lavallette, I bet the river was perfect for anyone willing to take the chance.
We were on The Rancocas Sunday, but it was windy most of the day. But at the end of the day the wind died, the
water turned to perfect glass and JB and I each got a perfect setting-sun set behind The Wake Academy's mighty
Malibu. Good times.

Phat Steve: As you've probably noticed, the blog has been getting HAMMERED lately with spam. Everyone's getting
those same failure messages. It sucks! Everyone loves the blog! We all post to it all the time! Kevin's been working
hard to keep it up and running, but the spam is coming in worse than ever. Plus, Kevin's been pretty busy
lately. On Sunday he and Karen pulled the boat out for the Winter. Then today (drum roll please), they had
a baby girl! Yes! Wow! Kennedy Amanda Geary! 6lbs 12 oz. Woo-hoo! Yeah buddy...super huge congratulations
to Kevin, Karen and baby Kennedy. Wow!
Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Yes big congrats Kevin, and that damn spam sucks i would like to find the retard that puts that crap up. I love the blog
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Calling All South Riders!
If you're a Delaware River rider and you haven't registered for the second annual Garden State Wakeoff yet,
what are you waiting for?! Right now the team north has 40 registered riders, but team south only has 14.
There are only 8 registered out-of-state riders available for the draft, but since the numbers are so lopsided
at this point there's not going to be a draft and team south will just get them all. So hey! If New Jersey wakeboarding
is important to you, support The Garden State Wakeoff! Ryan and Ron at Lake Hopatcong Marine are great people,
they genuinely care about New Jersey wakeboarding
and they work really hard to make Wakeoff happen. And the whole
motivational concept behind Wakeoff is the north competing against the south. But if the south doesn't care enough
participate, I don't know how Wakeoff can survive. So sign-up for Wakeoff! Tell your friends! Come-out and
buy a t-shirt! Spread the stoke! The Garden State Wakeoff! Woooo-hooooo!

https://wakeoff.com/Garden_State_Wakeoff.php
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-17-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Congrats Geary family!
--Jeff & Sara
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-17-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
If I was worth a damn on a wakeboard I'd sign up. If I have no one to drive or spot for me I'll probably head up and check out the event.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
We will again be hosting the South Jersey Headquarters tent at Wakeoff. You'll see the big banner "South Jersey Wake Army Headquarters" across the top! Come by and say hello. All are welcome. Bring your lawn chairs and hang out!

Doreen
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-20-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Yes, Doreen's right! The South Jersey Wake Army base camp is packed in the van and ready to go! Saturday night's after
party is going to be fun too: local pub with drink specials, a pasta bar and a live band. It's going to be great!

On an unrelated note, my neightbor at 60 Sylvia pulled his Four Winns boat out the other day, and on the way
to the marina his trailer pretty-much broke in half. He said first one side buckled, then the other side went.
He's been using a painted trailer in the salt water. Luckily the tow guy got the trailer to the marina without
the boat actually hitting the ground. So he let the marina salvage what they could from the trailer and the
remainer was cut-up and scrapped. This same neighbor also just bought a scratch-off lottery ticket and won $30,000.
Amazing.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-21-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Wow, lucky man. Reminds me I need to strip and repaint my trailer. Gotta find a place to put the boat for a couple days. Mine rarely sees salt though as I usually drop in north of Philly.
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-22-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
Go South Jersey!

See you guys there on Saturday.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
We are really excited about Saturday's wakeoff! Justin & Michele will be staying in Hawthorne with us and we're going over to the Geary's to visit and see new baby Kennedy, smoke cigars, have a few beers sitting by the fire pit and talking about how the south is going to kick the north's ass!!

Don't forget to come by the South Jersey Wake Army tent and say hello. Bring a chair and join us!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-25-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
Flying Team South Colors and wearing a Wakefest hat. Let the Wakeoff begin!

Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Riding in the masters division..Jim, Ken, Alex for the south team.

Upload

(Message edited by njladydriver on September 28, 2009)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
JB killing it in the Outlaw division for the south team!

Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-29-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
^ That roll to revert JB threw off the double up was HUGE. He was much higher than that in the picture above.

Also, someone needs to post the video of Ryan's Double Backroll. He actually landed on the board. We were watching it in slo-mo for like 20 minutes in the announcer booth.

I am glad we made the trip out. It was an awesome time.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-30-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
Awesome pics Doreen. If you have any more of Ken, Brittany or me can you email them to me? Thanks
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-30-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Jim, unfortunately I only jumped on the boat during the intermediate and masters division so I do have more pics of you and Ken but none of Brittany. I believe Justin has some shots of Brittany from the beach. I'll send you the link for all the pics he took. Perhaps there are some good ones in there you can use.

I'll email you :-)
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-30-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hi All! Hope you don't mind me posting here! I'm about to move out to Philly in two weeks and would LOVE to hook up with some riders - though I have no idea if it's too late or not. I'm still a beginner (had 3 concussions this summer trying w2w) but working on that getting better thing... good for gas money, help cleaning and snacks....

Thanks everyone!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-01-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Hi Jen,
Welcome, I would say that by the time you get to this area most people will be finishing up for this year. As of yesterday to river temp is down to 62 degrees and dropping. Snowboarding season is just around the corner though.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-01-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim! I have my snowboard ready to go!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-01-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Welcome Jen!

Jim and I launch our boats from the same spot in Jersey, about 1/2 hour drive from center city philly. Cold weather is bearing down quick, no telling how much longer the season will last. November 1st was the end for me last year.....might not make it that long this year, we'll see.

W2W......you'll get there! (I have a good rider/coach that could help you out with that)

Welcome to the area :-)