Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-23-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
OK I was showing my friend my new board the other day and he pointed out some things I never noticed. Around the molded fins and at the middle rear on the underside of my board there seems to be what look like cracks under the paint. They're lines that shoot off in random directions and they all curve in different ways, which appear much darker than any other parts of the board. Upon closer inspection I also noticed two small holes at the top of one of the channels. I took some pictures but have no way of uploading them to my computer until tomorrow.

Should I be worried about this ? Do they have a warranty covering this seeing as I haven't even ridden the thing yet ?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
usually it's not a problem, just the way the colors shot off, the only thing that might be a problem are the holes. how big are they?? If they're just bubbles, it's no big, but if they're any bigger than the tip of a nail, you might wanna look into it. it's going to be near impossible to get a perfect board of the factory line, almost everything you'll get will have some blemish, some just get covered up better than others be it by a non-transparent color or graphic!!
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-23-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
one is pin head wide and deep, the other is about half that size, it doesn't look like the holes would be a problem i was just worrying if the cracks would mess with the structural integrity since i land in the flats a lot.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
the bubbles shouldn't be an issue at all, and are the cracks on the top of the board?? When you stroke the top of the board can you feel where they are?? If you can, and they're deep, it might be defective, and should be under warranty. if you can't feel them, it's most likely just a color thing, once again, nothings for certain cause I can't see the board!

What board and what company is it with??
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-23-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
I had cracks like those on my militant. The cracks i had went across the width of the board on the tail and was directly under the end of my base plate on my boot. You couldnt see a crack on top but your could definetly tell on the bottom. I rode on it a few times and now when i knock on the board the core rattles. Id get those pics to board co. and see what they can do about a warranty on it.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
josh it's a brand new LF Lyman =( and i really don't wanna send it back if i can avoid it as it is signed

and the cracks only show on the bottom as the top is matte black and you wouldn't be able to see anything that didn't potrude.

i gotta go to school now but i'll post the pix up when i get back
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
i was just told on another forum that they are something that shows on every LF board as they're defects in the graphic sheet and usually always show up around molded fins.

Thanks for your help guys
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
It is hard for the graphic sheet to wrap around bottom features like molded fins. Its possible that the graphic has overlapped a tiny bit and appears darker and looks like a crack.