Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-12-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I have landed 3's off the d-up before, but I spin really, really slow. I know I have gotten in the habit of pulling hard when taking off, because it seems to give me balance better, which leaves a tone of slack and why I'm spinning slow. Any tips for dialing in spins of the d-up?

thanks.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-12-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
For clarification, I meant say a ton of slack. Also, I pull hard to my hip on grabs and straight air d-up's also, not just spins. So when I go to do a spin, I have already pulled and then I have no tension to initiate the spin.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-28-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Are you doing flat spins or off-axis?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-28-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
I do have off-axis spins, but off the d-up I would like to do a flat spin.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-02-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Well I am not much of a flat spinner, but I would say as you come off the dub-up, give a hard tug on the handle with both hands towards your back hip. This will initiate your spin; then with your back hand, put the handle on the small of your back so your other hand can grab it easily. If you want to grab the board, do it after you pull towards your hip and are already spinning. the slack in the rope is caused by you pulling to your hip. so make sure you grab and spin in one motion, instead of two.