Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
My nearest MC dealer is a couple of hours (at least) from where my boat is. In addition, they are so backed up, I find it tought to even get a call back.
Does anyone know of someone who is MC knowledgable and who travels to the boat site to do repairs? (not the normal engine stuff but items related to Perfect Pass, the ballast system, and the stereo system).
Or does anyone know any other place other than the only MC dealer in NJ?
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-14-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
Its not in NJ, but Chessie Marine in Elkton, MD isn't that far from southern NJ at least. Not sure where you're located, but if this is close, I've never seen a bad post about them. Got my 'Bu from them a month ago and they were great to work with.
Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks.
I guess I should have mentioned that the boat is all the way north (Greenwood Lake) near the NJ/NY border. So MD is a bit far.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2004, 10:22 AM Reply   
Billy,
email me what some of the problems your having. PP, Ballast and Stereo are fairly easy to work on.
I'll shoot you back my phone and we can discuss. Being in Paramus, if you had trouble I might be able to drive up there mid-week after work to give you a hand.
kgeary@wakescene.com

KG
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
Billy i hope you dont take this negatively but youve got a boat now and if your hooked youll have boats for the rest of your life so take the first steps now and try to fix it yourself, who knows maybe one day youll be out on the water broke down and be able to fix it yourself instead of being frustrated and having to call seatow for a corroded battery terminal...for example.
Kevin and a few of us on here do have some experience working on these things so go ahead with your problems and see what info you get back. If you get conflicting recommendations be skeptical but if the info you get is the same from a few people you can be confident they know what they are talking about and if most arent sure they wont give blind advice without more info.