Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    waker80            06-01-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
I have been looking for a wakeboard boat and thought i found one. A 87 nautique 2001. I have heard peopel talk abotu what a good wake they have but this my friend i talked too told me that they are really poor boats. He says they dont handle well and they dont plan off good even at cruising speed, he said they are sloppy when a rider cuts out and so on. He said nothing good abotu them so i was wanting to know opinions from other people. Are they a good wakeboard boat. Do they throw a good wake do they handle weight, i know alot of people have them so please let me hear all the opinions good or bad on them. Also what do you think an 87 with 360 hours would be worth.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-01-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
I think they make great wake boats, the wakes are amazing and get better with weight. The workmanship from that era in Correct Craft are probably some of the best I have seen. I have ridden in a friends boat at about 40 through some very curvy narrow waterways and would have to say that they handle great (1987 model). He used to be a Correct Craft dealer and knows them inside out, if the price is right, I think most on this board will agree that they are the best wakeboard boat for the money.
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-01-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
It is an awesome boat, nice wake, and your friend has no idea what he is talking about as far as holding speed they hold better than any I have ever seen. Good choice for a boarder on a budget like me!
Old    ihatetubers            06-02-2004, 12:12 AM Reply   
hey i own one exact same year it is great the wake can be really nice with weight, and it also has
alot of pop, but it does tend to have trouble keeping speed wehn towing and wehn rider cuts out of wake but it is really a dam good wakeboarding boat my, frineds dad is always telling me how of a ski boat it was because he hated cutting across the wake on his slalom... i found that really good to know. myn is having a lil trouble right now but when its running it has a great wake, your friend is talking out of his ass by one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    waker80            06-02-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
How do you guys weight down your 2001. Also i was wanting a tower for them, what looks good? I thought abotu monster but i want pleaty of head room and i heard they are lower then most
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Erik just created a website dedicated to SN2001's.

www.the2001.com

Also check out this link for pictures and more project links. I compiled it when I was looking to buy my project.

(Message edited by norcalrider on June 03, 2004)
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 3:55 AM Reply   
Stephen I just put a Monster Tower on my 85 this week. It doesn't seem to affect the head room. I think it looks kind of weird because of the narrow beam. I will take some pics this weekend and post them.
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
I just rode behind an 82 with just two people in the boat and no additional ballast. It has a great "stock" wake, nice shape, and decent size for no weight. I was very impressed, we are going to weight it this weekend and see what happens.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-07-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Just got the tower on this weekend. The speakers and other board rack arrived today. Stephen there is plenty of head room. I beat there is about 6'-8" Unless your a big dude you won't have to worry about your head. I will post another pic once the speakers are mounted
Monster Tower 85 Nautique
Old    waker80            06-08-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Jeff,
The tower looks good. I am 6 foot 3 inches. Do you ahve that off the floor. Also would i be able to walk under with speakers mounted. Thanks
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-08-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
Stephen, I am about 6'3 and I have an 86 with a Wakeair tower and I could walk under it until I put a box from "80 feet out" that holds 4 6x9's now I have to duck a little bit its about 2 inches too low. But for how good it sounds and looks I will just duck my head. And no offense Jeff but I like the way the older tower's flow with the boat lines better on the old nauti's.....But you have a beautiful boat.....
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Stephen you are getting particular about elevations of the tower. I will measure this weekend. Once the speakers are mounted I will assure you, you won't be walking under it. One thing you need to think about is the taller the tower, the more you will pull the boat from side to side. The narrow hull of the 2001 sways a bit.

Previously I had my Monster Tower on a runabout. Jeff I would like to see you pull your wakeair tower from your Nautique and stick it on another boat. Monster is so universal you can't beat it. How about posting a pic of your Wakeair tower Jeff. I would like to see it.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-08-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey I did not mean to get you upset Jeff. You have very good points there. And I gaurantee you paid alot less for the monster then I did. I chose looks over price, Just for the reason that I was able to color match the tower and in my mind the Wakeair tower looked to match the boat lines better. Unfortunatley I do not have a picture of my boat yet...Even if I did I'm not smart enough to be able to upload it....haha But there will be a picture at www.80feetout.com as soon as my friend gets it to them. Jeff
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-08-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Oh and I just put an Acme 3 blade model 542 prop on it and I can hold speed fine. The prop made a huge difference. Now I just need to learn to ride better..... Jeff
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-09-2004, 3:59 AM Reply   
You didn't get me excited. Let me know when you get the pic's posted. Sounds like you have a hell of a stereo for that little boat.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-09-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
How is the wake with a 500 on each side of motor box and how is the boat out of the hole with the weight?
Old    ihatetubers            06-09-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
i personaly dont think you should worry too much about the head room under the tower just because usually you are never really standing under the tower where the speakers hang down, you are always bending down or kneeling over to get into your seet theres no walk through to the bow but i can see your point if your a taller guy, o yea i have 500 on each side of my box and two 60 lb sand bags under the back seet because myn lifts up but it seemed to have jsut a little too much pop so i put a 60 lb under the driver seet and 60 under the seet that lifts up. and its really nice alot of shape and the boat planes a tad better
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-09-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
Yeah I'm running 150 watts to each speaker. I got the Boston nx97's and a 10w3 under the bow. I need a better sub maybe go for a 10w6 it gets crazy loud when you turn it up. Not the biggest stereo but it works for me at the moment. I will try and get some pics soon. But it looks like yours jeff except it is tan and blue with a blue tower and polished racks
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-10-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
Mike O I run around 1800 pounds in my 86. With the stock prop it was sluggish out of the whole. I bought an Acme 542 prop and it made that much weight childs play. Oh yea the wake is huge.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-11-2004, 3:53 AM Reply   
That is a lot of Dam weight Mac. I bet your wake is huge. I run about 600 pounds and the wake is very respectable.
Old    waker80            06-16-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Jeff,
I am fixing to get my monster in the mail and was wanting some advice or heads up about installation. Anythign you could tell me would help big time
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       06-17-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
Stephen, its really pretty simple, just take your time. Location on the tower is very important and tough to find because you need 3 to 4 people to hole the tower on the boat. The tower looks real weird if its to far forward or to far back. I didn't think some of the 2001's on monster tower's web site looked as good as mine, but maybe I'm bias. There are some anchors that you drill and place between the rear legs and top. I used these on the runabout the tower was on but welded this joint on the Nautique. This welded joint made the tower alot more rigid. I just took it to the local welding shop and they hooked me up. Installed my tower speakers last weekend and haven't hit my head yet! Monster Tower is great is you have any questions. They are always available. Good luck.