Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-02-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Any information on this lake community would be appreciated, especially first hand experience with the water conditions. Crowds?(weekends/weekdays) Wind? Overall community? Comparisons to Canyon Lake?
My brother recently closed escrow on a waterfront house, and just tied up another one today. Both are second home/investments. I am taking a drive up there this weekend, and hoped to get some advance scouting reports. Thanks.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-02-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
That is so weird. I just did a search for CA lakes yesterday and found that place. Let me know what its like. This is the only link i could find with anything useful.

http://www.springvalleylake.com/
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-02-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
Not familiar with the development but in general the victorville area is a wind tunnel.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-02-2004, 6:19 PM Reply   
Kinda like Canyon. Check out their wakeboard club @ http://www.svlwakeboardclub.com. A lot of those guys come out for the C.L. events, they are really cool.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
As Jeff said, a GREAT wakeboard crew up there. Planning on taking a few trips up there this season so we can verify what they all have been BRAGGING about!! We just LOVE those guys!!
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-06-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
I'll tell you what I know (not much) and I hope it is of some help.

Spring Valley Lake is not a gated community like Canyon so people are free to drive in; however, it does not tend to get alot of outside traffic. The lake has several fingers where the speed is limited, and a main body of water where you can ride/ski/drive faster (just like Canyon). The main body of water does not appear to be as big as Canyon Lake's (I have had an airborne view of both lakes).

The riding is likely to be simular to Canyon lake. You can probably forget about glass in the summertime (except for early mornings or a lucky weekday) because it wouldn't take more than 2 or 3 boats to tear it up. On the flip side, it is probably pretty good this time of year.
Old     (socalrider)      Join Date: May 2002       03-08-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
Even though it is not gated, boats must be registered for use on the lake. You can only register a boat if you are a homeowner. Weekends in the summer are a zoo by 8:00 or so. You can't go on the water until 7:00 in the morning. The wind can get very bad. Weekdays can be very nice. With all that said it is still a great lake and has made for many of great weekends.