Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-07-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
We are going to be going up there on Sept. 19, does anybody know what the lake level is? I heard it is super low, and if that is the case where is the best place to launch? We usually launch at Trinity Center, but when we were up there in July they said that it was going to be closed within the next month.

Thanks for the help.
-Matt
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-07-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
I havent been there since last year but in certain places you have to be super careful. I forget where we launcehd but I know it was in Late August and the water then was very low but still plenty to have fun on. I know not alot to go on just be careful around the shoreline.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-07-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Yeah we usually go there every July and October, and don't have too much trouble launching in October, but this year when we went in July, it was as low as it usually is in October! So I was just wondering if Trinity Center is even still open.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-08-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
When I went in July I had called Trinity center to check. They said they had about 10 more feet till the closed the ramp?? don't really know, I think you might have to launch up near the dam it they are closed.
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-08-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
trinity was low enough this year that i saw the foundations of the old trinity center when i was out riding dirtbikes. and this was the first week of july.
Old     (flip360)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
There's only two ramps that you can still lunch at Cedar stock marina and Minersville which has no dock.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-08-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Right now Trinity is just like Shasta, LOW LOW LOW!!!! I would seriously stay away from both of them. If not definitely be careful and dont expect to touch shore anywhere, its just a bunch of silty muddy crap.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
Where is Cedar stock Marina located at? I know where minersville is, but no clue where Cedar Stock is.

Thanks for the help guys
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-08-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
Cedar Stock is now known as Trinity Alps Marina. But people like me who have been going there for 20+ years will always call it Cedar Stock. If you are headed North on 3 from Weaverville you can't miss it. Its before Minersville.
I spent 2 weeks in Trinity from 8/2 to 8/17. It was low. But as long as you can find somewhere to launch its a big enough/deep enough lake that you are likely to not have any problems if you are careful. Check here - http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/RES
Shows current water levels. When I was at Trinity is was at 60% of capacity-now it shows at 50% so its dropped quite a bit over the last few weeks. I would imagine Cedar Stock launch is closed-if not, I'm surprised.
Have fun-Trinity is the best!
**The current pic on my profile will give you a good idea of the lake level about a month ago. My boat parked in front of the Tannery campground.

(Message edited by thescott on September 08, 2008)