Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-21-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
What a great time was had yesterday at the Canyon Contest. Big props out to those who put so much time and effort into these contests. Jeff, Cheryl, it takes so much to do what you do and to deal with the politics involved with running a club and the contests. Huge thanks going out to those that drive all day and to the judges too!!
Cindy, you are the best admin around, thanks sooo much. And to Sue for delivering me some mighty strong bloody marys, thanks alot!!! LOL!!! Those of you who are interested, CLWC is throwing their end of the year tourney/banquet at Blue Water Marina in Parker. I am soooo looking forward to this one!! Check out the website at http://www.wakeboardclub.com for details. Hope to see y'all there!!!
Thanks again to CLWC!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
Good job all, I had a great time. That was a well run contest!! Sorry I had to take off without saying good by to you all, I had to hit Tige' Watersports before they closed to pick up a new prop, I was running close so I had to run.

Big props to Henry for his play by play calling. You had me rolling many times. Nice touch of humor in between runs!

See you guys at the Blue Water, Nathan and I are looking forward to the big end of the season bash!!

Cheers and thanks again!!!
Old    cws_kahuna            09-22-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
I'd also like to say thanks to the Paradise crew for cooking up lunch and supplying free drinks all day long, as well as 2 very nice 2004 Malibus.

The only problem I had at the contest was my stupid Ankle but I think I got some decent pictures this time and I also think Jeff is gonna post them up in an article real soon on wakeworld.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-22-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
By the way here is a link to the Blue Water Marina, looks like an awesome place.

http://www.bluewaterfun.com/

And yes props to the Paradise Crew, those burgers were tasty, and I will say the wakes off those two Malibus caught me off guard in the event run "my own personal issue LOL", I think it doubled in size from the practice round, as large as I have seen and no complaints from the other competitors. I was working the ropes for the open division and all riders came in stoked!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-22-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Yea, Paradise did step it up for this tourney, props out to the whole crew. Jonathan, I see a great future in the wakeboard club for you and Nathan, welcome to the family!! Richard, did you get any shots of my boys? Robert made a great dvd that we saw of the Sports LTD tourney, I am hoping that he will make a sponser reel for Eddie and Jacob that I can send out. thanks again to all that put on this contest. It ran real smooth, see ya at Blue Water!! We are leaving for Worlds a week from Wednesday, it's crunch time! All Prayers and good thoughts appreciated!
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-22-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
I had such a great time down there, it was well worth the drive. The conditions were great, the wakes were huge, and everyone was in a darn good mood. Paradise cooked good burgers and there were even snow cones from the explorers. Thanks to everyone who helped out and made it all possible.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-22-2003, 9:25 PM Reply   
Yeah, what a season! Big ol' pat on the back to Paradise Watersports for the burgers, boats (read wakes), prizes, and a great tournament overall!

Thanks you'se to Robyn for all the great support through the years! Henry for going huge on the mike! Richard for taking all the great pics (hope the ankle is better soon, neighbor)! Cindy for gettin' everything in order (and keeping me in line)!, Scott for the great driving, Jonathan and Nathan for all the help out on the docks and boats! Robert and Cory for puttin' up all the banners! Cheryl for judging and all the pre-tournament diplomacy! And to any one else who helped out that I may have overlooked in my delirrium!

It's not over yet! PARKER is gonna ROCK!!!!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on September 22, 2003)
Old    cws_kahuna            09-23-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
TeamValdez,
I did not get any pics from the last contest of your boys. I have gotten pictures of them before though. If you'd like a cd with all the pictures I took at the contests this year let me know, I will gladly burn a copy for you.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-23-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
So Daniel how did it go for you? I see you enjoyed it, but how was the ride? Did you throw the nose/indy grabbed 5 of the d-up like I ordered? Hit me up let mek now how it went.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-24-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
Hey Richard, I would sooo love a cd, thanks so much!!!