Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
All you need is this setup!

Upload
Old     (lffreak139)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-06-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-06-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
no way. the top light is aimed WAY too far off to the side.

rookie movie. riders are gonna be pissed.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-06-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
Yeah right, just don't take it free diving. Wonder what the point of the lights are?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-06-2009, 11:18 PM Reply   
low light situations. duh!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2009, 11:58 PM Reply   
Lighting is 94.5% of getting the shot.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-07-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Isn't that a strobe built in on top of it? The LED's will not do any more than become focus lights. Even my 21 watt HID does not produce enough light.

FWIW Unless solo diving it is against protocol to have lights on your head, even for cave divers. You will blind your buddy in the dark. Plus with a 5 meter depth rating no one is going to use it for more than surface stuff, hence my comment of not using it for free diving. Most people I free dive with work in the 8 meter range and deeper. They do claim to have a 35 meter one coming out soon though, but even that is still within non deco limits, on 32% none the less.

Taken with a point and shoot that could be stowed in a pocket with my backup mask. I didn't even want to bring a camera into the cenotes but Susie insisted, so pocket cam it was. As you can see the tiny built in strobe over powered my HID.
Upload
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
Now just think about the guy chilling underwater during a nighttime shoot, looking up, and the rider passing over it. Damn the timing would need to be good, but I wonder how that would look... I mean it's not like you couldn't do it with a simpler setup, namely just a watertight strobe, but still...