Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Never done an invert before, but I was checking out the Higher Education video (highly recommended!) and they say the TS front roll is just like a standing front flip. I can do that! So I tried a front roll. I think I've got everything except enough height to get all the way around. My boat has a small wake so I'll need to focus on technique a lot, but maybe I'll pull it off next time out. I'm just excited and wanted to share the excitement. :-)

Takeoff
Inverted
Landing

(Message edited by nowake on September 03, 2007)

(Message edited by nowake on September 03, 2007)
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
you could try edging a little more crouched and realy srtaighten your legs at the TOP of the wake. Thats most peoples problem...throwin it early.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-05-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Looks great but 99% of the attempts will end like this until you do 2 things different.

1- Change your edge at the wake, this is a trip flip. Go from your toes (while standing tall like in your pic) to your heels.

2-When you throw the board (all out effort), try to lead the flip with your heels/board (I know...weird) all the way through the flip. Over rotating a couple does not hurt and will help you understand how much umph to put into it.

There are other keys to it but that should get you a landing so you can work out the other keys as you perfect it.

Good luck.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
Edge way harder, and square your board up at the wake and wait until the very top of the wake before you throw it.
Old    alanp            09-05-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
not to bust your bubble but you are a long way away from landing this trick. i did that exact landing for about 5 years before landing this one. it was my achilles heal!. check the other ts frontroll threads for some more tips on getting this one. good luck and im not trying to sound harsh
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the info. I watch the video back frame by frame and I can see that I'm getting basically no lift at all off of the wake, I'm just spinning in place. So I think the cratique that I'm throwing it too early is pretty valid. If I can get out this weekend I'm going to really try to get a little higher and throw it later (after takeoff). I'll try to apply the other tips too. I can front flip standing on the ground and I'm jumping much higher on the ground than I'm getting off the wake, so I think I just need a little more time in the air to get turned around. :-)