Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
I want preface by saying i do not have a particular preference in either boat and i really like both the G and the star. However... Why do u suppose that the star is getting very little love despite all the new tricks already going down behind it? I will admit the early video and photos were very underwhelming and i was not a fan of how MC handled it. It just looked bad IMHO. That being said I believe the proof as they say is in the pudding. w2w KGB 7, double half cab roll, etc i dont think i need run down the list. I mean Phil threw a Moby dick 7 and got 2nd place.
Discuss.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-27-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
I don't buy a boat based on what tricks pros can throw behind them. Most people will never be able to throw 5% of the tricks thats pros throw so I think we can't base our opinions off of what pros do behind boats.

Honestly I think the G23 is a waaaaay better looking boat and love the overall layout and features much better than the Star. Assuming the wakes were identical I would still take the G23 all day.

I just can't stand the humpback look of the new mastercrafts. Nice boat no doubt, just not for me.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-27-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Maybe bc they debuted the boat last fall at Surf Expo and then fell off the planet...early reviews of the wake were horrid and they had to go back and fix it, then wham bam the G23 came out and then it seemed they hurried to make sure it would be ready for the PWT. Jmo
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-27-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
no one remembers 2nd place. simple
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Maybe bc they debuted the boat last fall at Surf Expo and then fell off the planet...early reviews of the wake were horrid and they had to go back and fix it, then wham bam the G23 came out and then it seemed they hurried to make sure it would be ready for the PWT. Jmo
I agree to a point and it was highly hyped. Almost to the extent that it cant live up to the hype. But at what point do people have to stop looking at the name on the side and give the rig its due. IMO if all these tricks were thrown behind the G the nautique nut huggers heads would explode. Not to knock that boat because i think its amazing in fact I too would pick the G all things being equal. But what has legitly been done behind the G that hasnt been done already behind the old star. Im not at all saying these tricks couldnt be be done behind the G but they havent yet. The star imo is the boat that it was billed to be weather you like the look of it or not. Also I do agree that MC handled the release very poorly. It certainly looked rushed and like they were in wake denial. It now seem that they have that worked out.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
Not that it really matters but all those ball'n tricks have been thrown long before the new 2013 XStar but yeah, they were behind the 2011 XStar
To be honest the 2013 XStar is not that much different of a boat other than more bling and top deck
The wake is the result of the hull and the water it touches and if you look close enough the hull is that of the 2004-2011 XStar
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-27-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
Fact is the two dealers I've called regarding the new Star have told me all their build slots were full until next summer for Star (comprising 18 boats). This is only 2 dealers. Fact is drink the haterade all you want MHunter but if two dealers have more sales of new Stars then new G23's combined it means that the consumer has weighed in, and bling, sex appeal, curvy hips, and sleek lines beats fat, tubby, tranny-busting fury any day.

It's not hating....its simply science!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-27-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
^^^How do you know how many slots are filled for the G23?? There are already 15-30 G23s out there. I can tell you my MC dealer hasnt sold that many XStars and we can boat here yr round.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-27-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
15-30 G23's? And they've been in production for 3 months now? Star has more presales than that!

My advice to you is to get in your lame LR3, grab a bottle of cheap vino, drive to your local CC dealer, approach the G23, and take a picture. Because with their dismal sales numbers and propensity towards exploding transmissions, the G23 is gonna go the way of the dodo.

It's not hating it's science.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-27-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
Haha ur a riot. Im not stooping to ur level. You dont anything about me and ur comment is pretty way off. We'll let the sales show the numbers.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
It's like this

Those tricks would be going down behind the g23, the supra 24v, the Malibu Mkz, the mb f24 , a 2011 x star or 2012 g30 if any of those were pulling the PWT. Mastercraft is claiming nonsensense. They get the hype because they pay to pull the tour. Simple as that. Their boats are not the mastercraft boats of the past. Their qc is terrible these days
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-27-2012, 9:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Haha ur a riot. Im not stooping to ur level. You dont anything about me and ur comment is pretty way off. We'll let the sales show the numbers.
Yes, let's let sales numbers dictate which boat is better. The consumer is always right! And is there any proof of G23's as production models?

It's not hating it's economics...
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2012, 9:25 PM Reply   
Swat, thought I agree these tricks probly would go down behind the g, the KGB 7 w2w and the double half cab w2w by twelker have not been done except off the dub. I realized shortly after posting that this was gonna be a s@!$ show and that is not what I intended. I just feel like for a wake tractor they seemed to have made a hell of a boat yet no one wants to acknowledge this. If these same tricks were behind the g it would get much more love. Point being as said in my last post I think I think the bias has more to do with the name on the transom than the actual boat itself. By the way though it is an old one I own a nautique. I just think they r both great boats. They r Limey the 2 best boats ever it just seems like alot of people on this board r rooting for the star to fail and quite honestly I don't see the MC people rooting for the g to do the same.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-27-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboom12 View Post
Swat, thought I agree these tricks probly would go down behind the g, the KGB 7 w2w and the double half cab w2w by twelker have not been done except off the dub. I realized shortly after posting that this was gonna be a s@!$ show and that is not what I intended. I just feel like for a wake tractor they seemed to have made a hell of a boat yet no one wants to acknowledge this. If these same tricks were behind the g it would get much more love. Point being as said in my last post I think I think the bias has more to do with the name on the transom than the actual boat itself. By the way though it is an old one I own a nautique. I just think they r both great boats. They r Limey the 2 best boats ever it just seems like alot of people on this board r rooting for the star to fail and quite honestly I don't see the MC people rooting for the g to do the same.
They are both good boats for true but the thing is people love to hate MC. Think of a G23 as the nerdy high school junior who breathed with his tummy and stank of axe boy spray. The MC is the senior jock with a letter jacket, blonde cheerleader girlfriend, and pecs he can make dance. He of course, is wearing old spice. Now, if you were the nerdy junior, you'd hate the cool MC guy too, hence, CC fan boys hating MC. MC, the cool senior, doesn't hate CC, the nerd, because, they don't even know they exist.

They, like the G23, are simply not on anyone's radar. Besides a small pocket of uneducated bumbling ontogenists here on Wakeworld that have made a false idol in the biblical sense of the G23, no one cares...a new Star? Big news!!! A new Nautique? Yawn!!!

It's not hating it's just social sciences...
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-27-2012, 10:26 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^ is this guy for real?

now we know why people love to hate MC...
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-27-2012, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
^^^^^^^ is this guy for real?

now we know why people love to hate MC...
Of course you know I just told you.

And fact is I hate MC too. I only like brands that are neutral like Centurion.
No one ever says anything good about them, no one ever says anything bad about them.

I wish I had an LR3, the poor man's Range Rover...

It's not hating it's debating...!
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2012, 1:23 AM Reply   
this thread needs to die
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-28-2012, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
To be honest the 2013 XStar is not that much different of a boat other than more bling and top deck
The wake is the result of the hull and the water it touches and if you look close enough the hull is that of the 2004-2011 XStar
The f**k are you talking about?
You're woefully misinformed if you're serious and not a troll.

2/10
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-28-2012, 4:57 AM Reply   
Ah Troy I can always count on you to come up with Intelligent ,Informative and factual posts.
So you like the star because it gets more Chicks and it has to be better because they sell more? I am beginning to think there is something wrong with you . I was wrong when I called you the WWBC Court Jester . Its obvious you are not qualified for that position. I think the WWBC Court Fool is a better fit.

Its Not Hate its Ignorance.

Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
boomshot you own a XStar, ever been under the old and new? I didn't think so, probably never been within a mile of one
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-28-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Ah Troy I can always count on you to come up with Intelligent ,Informative and factual posts.
So you like the star because it gets more Chicks and it has to be better because they sell more? I am beginning to think there is something wrong with you . I was wrong when I called you the WWBC Court Jester . Its obvious you are not qualified for that position. I think the WWBC Court Fool is a better fit.

Its Not Hate its Ignorance.

Ploy to bait MHunter = Great Success!

Mr. Hunter...if that is in fact your real name, answer me this...:

Do you really believe that if you die you go to an afterlife with 70 virgin G23's?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-28-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
boomshot you own a XStar, ever been under the old and new? I didn't think so, probably never been within a mile of one
Everyone has because the XStar is THE WAKEBOAT! No one can dispute these facts. It was true in 2001 and it's still true today.

1) Pulled more new tricks than any boat EVER
2) 40th Anniversary Edition declared "The Most Beautiful Boat of All Time"
3) Helped more guys score then the hockey stick
4) Strikes fear in the hearts of Nautique pill-poppers

I'm ashamed of my 210 do these reasons...
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-28-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
^^ This guy is obviously joking under this moniker. Anyone that takes him seriously would take me seriously and I don't even take him seriously so.... Seriously. Seriously. Guise. Seriously guys.
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
im not gonna lie i think there is a little bit of penis envy with CC people towards MC. Like i said be for and troy so eloquently took to the next level it really seems that CC owners hate MC way more than MC people even care about CC. Why cant we all just get along and agree they r both great boats. Your love for one does not mean you have to hate the other.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
Funniest thread yet...
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
Here we go again,......

Let the dick measuring contest begin.....pathetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-28-2012, 9:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg View Post
Here we go again,......

Let the dick measuring contest begin.....pathetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That's just something that perennial dick measuring contest losers say!

It's not hating is basic math!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-29-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
You are right, why didn't I get the MC???? I spent all that money and now after 500 trouble free hours all I have to show for it is a ugly boat that cant pull tricks that chicks dont like . What was I thinking? I thought the way to go was to take time to look, research and test different boats how stupid of me. I should have just checked here before I bought to get the recommendation from the smartest boat authorities on the planet. Now I cant afford to buy a MC I spent all my money on fuel ,food ,cold beverages and good times. I wish I was like Troy he is getting a new XStar whenever they become available. He will then have the second most beautiful [too bad they dont make the 40 anniversary edition anymore] that does all the tricks with chicks all over it boat ever. I'm not sure but I think it will also do something in the Male Enhancement department also. I will tell you now if I see it in the water I will just head back to the ramp with my tail between my legs in shame.
WWBC forever.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-29-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are right, why didn't I get the MC???? I spent all that money and now after 500 trouble free hours all I have to show for it is a ugly boat that cant pull tricks that chicks dont like . What was I thinking? I thought the way to go was to take time to look, research and test different boats how stupid of me. I should have just checked here before I bought to get the recommendation from the smartest boat authorities on the planet. Now I cant afford to buy a MC I spent all my money on fuel ,food ,cold beverages and good times. I wish I was like Troy he is getting a new XStar whenever they become available. He will then have the second most beautiful [too bad they dont make the 40 anniversary edition anymore] that does all the tricks with chicks all over it boat ever. I'm not sure but I think it will also do something in the Male Enhancement department also. I will tell you now if I see it in the water I will just head back to the ramp with my tail between my legs in shame.
WWBC forever.
Im actually probably going to get a G23. I just like being the contrarian member of WWBC. I just can't stand the hideous pickles on the new star or the fact that the billet-aluminum disco ball is a $15K option!
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-29-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
!
Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-29-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
Definitely a thread gone bad...but

Quote:
I'm interested in how the 22 foot Xstar with 100 inch beam is the same hull as the 24 foot new xStar with 102 inch beam.

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-30-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
Who says you cant barefoot behind the Xstar? Lol. Zane...you're crazy

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...76107efe3d4335
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-30-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Troy Dueschbag knows everything and is so rich and cool I wanna butt **** his mouth!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-30-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
Troy Dueschbag knows everything and is so rich and cool I wanna butt **** his mouth!
Dueschbag? Blazenhozen hamerzeit! I don't mind being called a douchebag but a German douchebag? That's crossing the line!

Why did you have to stoop so low? Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing. Now I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-30-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
Mmmmmmmm
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2012, 4:52 AM Reply   
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-31-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is this the newest Nautique Team Rider?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
so I was curious and I asked my MC dealer, they have also filled up their production slots for the New star and have 5 people on a waiting list for additional openings from Mastercraft.

Honestly I would bet that the MC dealers selling a lot of boats are just really good dealers, good service etc... that seems to be the bigger driving factor in my area.

As far as getting respect on forums for the new star?? I doubt Mastercraft is very worried as long as the orders keep rolling in. I have an 2011 X2 and will have it for a long time, plenty of wake for my skill level and a lot of room, I am married so unfortunately my ability to have chicks all over the boat has been handicapped!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-31-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
so I was curious and I asked my MC dealer, they have also filled up their production slots for the New star and have 5 people on a waiting list for additional openings from Mastercraft.

Honestly I would bet that the MC dealers selling a lot of boats are just really good dealers, good service etc... that seems to be the bigger driving factor in my area.

As far as getting respect on forums for the new star?? I doubt Mastercraft is very worried as long as the orders keep rolling in. I have an 2011 X2 and will have it for a long time, plenty of wake for my skill level and a lot of room, I am married so unfortunately my ability to have chicks all over the boat has been handicapped!
Good points. Unfortunate fact is, love or hate the Star, whether WW thinks the G23 is better than it or not, MC couldn't care less as they are going to sell a bazillion more Stars than CC will sell G23's, and word is the Star will cost a bit more too. No one fool yourself into having warm and gushy feelings about peeps in the MC board room trying to built the best boat, they want the best selling boat.

IMO the G fails on sex appeal, doesn't blitz us with constant advertising, and doesn't pull the big tours. Their riders are no-shows and their fan base is limited to a few peeps here that certainly don't do the boat any favors with their eccentrism and goofy jester pictures.

It would appear MC's early release flop had no effect on sales, and the Star name lives on as the dominant wakeboat for the foreseeable future.
They will outsell the G at least 7:1.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
Has anyone taken delivery of a new Star yet?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Bueller...Bueller...anyone

Have the team riders received their Xstars yet? Serious question, not trying to start anything. Ive seen the white & orane being towed to various dealers but have they released them yet? I think the boat below does offer sex appeal though.

Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
LR3^^^^^^ nice Boat, I like the color of blue I can see- do you have a full pic? Also I believe that Harley tweeted something about his new Xstar being ready? Going off memory so not 100% sure.

Mhunter- I believe that they have delivered some production Xstars- I am fairly certain that my dealer has received their first one(preordered by customer) I can ask next time I am there. I know they have a number of 2013 boats hitting the floor.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-31-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
Yes there is a yellow one around Memphis Tn.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Yes there is a yellow one around Memphis Tn.
This one?

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-31-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Yes I heard owner took delivery and it was on display. I could be wrong.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-31-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bueller...Bueller...anyone

Have the team riders received their Xstars yet? Serious question, not trying to start anything. Ive seen the white & orane being towed to various dealers but have they released them yet? I think the boat below does offer sex appeal though.

Sausagesetter? USN Super Fabulous?
Enola Gay II?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-31-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
I was wrong, it was delivered to American boat center..i was at work and idk where I got Memphis from lol
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Troy...do you have any idea who those guys are? I was just posting a recent pic up where the boat looks sharp. im sure those guys could have as many babes as one could fit in the boat if they wanted it.

Im done with the Xstar, G23, Surfgate threads...they never turn into a valuable thread.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
Thanks to Troy....

A really added value to this board...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Kevin I wasn't trying to start anything. Troys comments got me thinking since production is maxed out are real customers getting them yet. I have not seen any here on Lanier.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 6:21 PM Reply   
My understanding from my dealer is that the 25, 30, 2 and star are really taking up production. He is bringing in a number of stock boats because getting customers production slots is becoming very difficult. He has pretty much sold all but a couple of 2012's and is already getting 13's. I always hear about the boat market being down but on my lake this summer I have seen 6 new mastercrafts, 4 new malibus and correct crafts, as well as a slew of other brands. I live on a small lake in a town of 25k, looking pretty good for boat sales around here.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 7:05 PM Reply   
2013 xseries dash - X30? Is this what the xstar will look like?

Whats the new murphy digital display?

Painted galvanized trailers too I see

Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-31-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
No, the new star has 3 screens, and the center screen which is the new digital murphy display actually pops up once you turn the boat on, pretty neat. And now I wait for everyone to bash the 3 screen idea, and the motorized dash.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
No, the new star has 3 screens, and the center screen which is the new digital murphy display actually pops up once you turn the boat on, pretty neat. And now I wait for everyone to bash the 3 screen idea, and the motorized dash.
Yep just realized that looking at pics in my phone.

Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-31-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by laptom View Post
Thanks to Troy....

A really added value to this board...
All I'm doing is providing ironic insite and satire to this forum. Read all my posts, I'm surprised anyone should get upset over anything I say because everyone should know by know my exhumes are simply a statement about the state of affairs here and are no way a reflection of anything I really think!

Loosen up and smile a bit you greaseball!
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
I have heard that the best improvement in the 13 model line up is that they switched the software package. I have no plans to buy one as I will be holding onto my 2011 X2 with classic dash and toggle switches, however my dealer is going to let me go along for the lake test on the 13 X30 that they just got. I will let you know if the service department is bashing their head against the tower or if the software performs well out of the box.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:

Painted galvanized trailers too I see
I have never understood blinging out the trailers on any boat. They look good, It
Makes sense if you are entering it into some sort of audio contest or boat show. As a consumer I just cannot understand spending extra money on something that adds 0 performance to the already expensive boat. Sorry for te thread jack.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
Better be careful troy you dont want to loose your place in the WWBC. Its no fun being on the outside looking in.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-31-2012, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Better be careful troy you dont want to loose your place in the WWBC. Its no fun being on the outside looking in.
I'll never apologize for party rocking.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-01-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote- I have never understood blinging out the trailers on any boat.

This is why I have a 40th Anniversary X-star with a 2004 Mastecraft Galvanized trailer with Galvanized wheels with the ghetto $5 rattle can blk centres and silver lips.

Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-01-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is still my favorite looking boat that Mastercraft ever built- I could give a damn what the trailer looks like- you also won't get a blow out on that trailer from running 15 in rims with chrome!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-01-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is still my favorite looking boat that Mastercraft ever built- I could give a damn what the trailer looks like- you also won't get a blow out on that trailer from running 15 in rims with chrome!
PS...buddy of mine is trying to sell his with very low hours on it. Just thought Id throw that out