Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
and we may be travelling to a place near you.

Yep, Gerson and I have quit our jobs, rehabbed an old, ugly RV, and we are driving around the perimeter of the U.S. in hope to bum some rides and some electricity.

After the two months of wandering in the U.S., we will regroup and head south to travel 1-2 years throughout Central and South America.

Soooo, if anyone might have a space or two on their boat and live around the perimeter of the U.S., let me know. We will be leaving (I hope) on July 20th and we will be heading from So Cali to Seattle, then across the Northern U.S. to Pennsylvania...then down the East coast and a box corner turn to New Awlins. Over to Houston and New Mexico and up to Colorado...over to Utah and a meander back home.

You would be best to write me at loveswater@hotmail.com - ignore my profile addy if it is different.

Also, in the next week or so - our website journaling the trip should be taking shape. You can find us at www.solsearch.us. Once the website is up - there will be an email hooked to the website that you can use as well.

I think I am going to like this not working gig, at least until the money runs out.

Keep in touch and let us know if you have some water (or electricity) we can share.

Ciao
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-17-2003, 11:12 PM Reply   
I am very jealous. have fun
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2003, 11:49 PM Reply   
When you get near PA/NJ, shoot me an email. I leave the boat in the water till Mid Oct. We are on the Jersey coast, in the southern tip (Cape May). Always looking to make new friends. Would enjoy being a paragraph in your journal.

KG
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2003, 12:30 AM Reply   
seattle with room and pull. let me know dates.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-18-2003, 1:06 AM Reply   
Hey..time for me to return a few pulls eh! When you come through the Bay Area let me know and maybe we can hit the delta.

If not though..have a great trip and i'll be watching the website!

Old    tammy            07-18-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
There is always space in our driveway and boat for you. Might only cost ya a dinner by Gerson,,,,j/k.

Cory, Tammy and Zack
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-18-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Louise:

You and Gerson are very lucky to be able to enjoy life and travel like this. John and I wish you the best on your exciting journey. You said that after your travels throughout the US then you are heading to Central America. I have a relative in Central America in Costa Rica where you can wakeboard. Contact me up when you head that way and I will give you all his contact information. Now that is a great experience to wakeboard in Costa Rica. Have a wonderful safe trip!

Old    hockeyruss            07-18-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
Give me a call when you come down the East coast and are in SC. I could hook you up with a pull here.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
ditto on Seattle
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       07-18-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
Sean... shouldn't you be working?? Nice business trip...

L, Be sure to post when you guys will be heading up North near Seattle. Should’t be a problem to hook up and find a pull on Lake WA or Samm.

If you need a place to park the RV while up this way… I have room next to my shop.

Note the 5th and 6th of Sept… most of the NW crew and a bunch of the WW crew from Bend will be heading to eastern WA for NWWF 2003. Should be a great trip.

Hope you guys have a great time traveling.

Old    damnation            07-18-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
Louise and Gerson - you are always welcome on my boat. I have to repay you for all the hospitality you showed me from my first California trip! When you get to VA, let me know and we'll ride and you can stay the night at my house if you would like (I have ample room). I'll even buy dinner (if Gerson helps me cook it, hehe). Just shoot an email to dcovington@mbakercorp.com.
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-18-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Geez - who needs the RV when we have all you guys.

We are having a technical difficulty that is setting us back a day or two on the departure but other than that, we will be mobile next week and we will let you poor s.... uh, you kind people know if we will be in the area.

Gerson wanted to know why there is this common theme with him having to cook? And, you wonder why I have ten happy pounds.

Keep an eye on the website...I see wakeboarding on the Amazon a feature picture.
Old    snowdog            07-18-2003, 2:36 PM Reply   
I spent 15 weeks (3.5 months) traveling the Great USA, hit almost every state. The adventure changed my life, I would do it again in a heartbeat. You guys are going to have a great time!

This is not really pertaining to wakeboarding, but some of my favorite locations were:

~ New Orleans (Nawlins), hit Mardi Gras, Wild Crazy time, the french quarter and Cafe Du Mond, I still have a craving from Beneas (sp?)(Phonetically Ben-Yeas, a crazy powder sugar covered pastry...Mmmmmmm)
~ River Walk and Alamo in San Antonio Texas
~ Pikes Peak in Colorado (and the Coors factory...FREE BEER)
~ All of Florida (Epcot Center was cool, watched a shuttle launch)
~ New York (gotta love the big apple)
~ Spent 9 days in D.C., wish I could have spent 9 more days, tons to see, tons of fun, historic stuff
~ the Painted Desert
~ Iron Horse in South Dakota, very cool
~ the Black Hills Ride, Stergis (Nations largest Harley ride, no hotel for 300 miles)
~ Grand Canyon, cool but still just a huge hole in the middle of the desert
~ Watching the FlagStaff Volunteer fire department do a firewirks display on the forth of july. They were so lost, they had to stop 3 times to put out their own fires. They shot a 3" shell through a guys backdoor, blew up in his livingroom. Funny Stuff!

One thing I didnt like was between Texas and Nawlins, pretty much the armpit of the United States, but things could have changed since then!

Its awesome that your putting it on a website, I will be checking out your adventures. Good Luck and Safe Travel!

Snowdog
Old     (waterhiker)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
I'm going to miss these guys - and the wonderful BBQ's!! Have a great time and don't worry about a thing :-)
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-18-2003, 3:44 PM Reply   
There's big wakeworld crew here in the SLC, UT area that would be glad to hook you up.
Old    lakesideluver            07-18-2003, 6:15 PM Reply   
if you ever make madison wi area im on the lake with a rave slider.....camp site on the lake as well i think it costs five bucks
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-18-2003, 9:08 PM Reply   
Mike, how close are you between Rochester, MN and Janesville, WI? We are "connecting the friends" so-to-speak and we will be driving between these two locations.

Nathalie - I know things will be very well looked after by you....especially my boat :-)!

Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Good for you guys! I'm sure you'll have a blast!:-)
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
We are out the door...could only fit our bindings seeing as it came down to a choice of food and clothes or boards...

If I could have worn the board, I would have. Just think of the possibilities :-)

Hope to see some of you soon
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-20-2003, 9:44 PM Reply   
if you make it up to Maine, I can probably hook you up, shoot me some details if you do venture this far north, xtremeboardgurl17@hotmail.com
Old    hlboatsnboards            07-20-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
I am rather jealous of you lucky folks that get to take the time to do such adventures. I financially couldn't afford it but maybe someday my luck will change. I would thoroughly enjoy a few months off traveling around the states, meeting a lot of new people and wakeboarding. That to me is what it is all about!!

Good Luck!

Bill
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
Louise, if you are in the gainesville, FL area I would be happy to return the pull!! the butta down here is spectacular!

t
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-21-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
If you guys are traveling through the northern part of the country, and then to the east coast, I guess you'll have to drive through the Chicagoland area. My wife and I would be more than happy to extend our hospitality, some pulls, and some electricity. Just e-mail me at wakesettervlx@hotmail.com. If you're looking at a map, we have a place on the north side of I-80, just west of I-55. By the way, Madison is about an hour north of Janesville via I-90.
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
Shawn

Looks like we may be heading your way in the next 10 days. We are still visiting some friends in Shelton, Washington and should be heading East tomorrow. We have not made time to ride but plan to change that in Illinois.

I have to look in on a property in Streamwood and I know the Aurora area very well - I used to work in Naperville and had a business in the Joliet/Plainfield area.

We hope to have a few days in the Streamwood area...around the 13th-16th...

Look for an email...
Old    cwshumsky            08-05-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
If a couple of gypsy borders were near Boston I’m sure they would find some sets here!
Old    airjunky123            08-06-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
When you get close to Texas, drop me an e-mail. I'm about 3 hours west of DFW, just off I-20. The lake I live on is still too low to launch, but there are others within an hours drive, that is, if you don't mind riding with hydrofoilers. Did you guys hit the lottery or something?
Old    pws            08-07-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
when ya get down to south america drop me a line ,im doing that trip as we speak,its nuts,ill be ending up in panama and i do have wakeboards and a skate and plenty of surfboards.good luck,youll need it.
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Jonathan - no lottery, just a lot of hard work and investing in ourselves and refinancing everything to the hilt and spending the equity now. And, we will be teaching/working a bit along the way.

Dale

Email me at Louise@solsearch.us or loveswater@hotmail.com and let us know where you are and how you are travelling? We will be launching South in October and we would love to pick your brain.

Dave Covington...email me, we are coming your way very soon.
Old    pws            08-11-2003, 9:28 PM Reply   
ive made it as far as acapulco at the moment,some nice places,but many many is great mainland-crap.most pcs 27bps.lots of good surf.bring lots of money,
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
Our thanks to Shawn and Tami for providing us not only with a great place to park but also an awesome day on the Illinois River. Not only did we have a fun ride, we also got to try our hand at surfing. Well, Gerson surfed, I swallowed a lot of river water

Wakeboard Gothic
Wakeboard Gothic

Shawn Surfing
Shawn surfing

Tami riding
Tami riding

Tugboat on the Illinois sharing our water
Sharing our water

Happy to be riding
Just happy to be riding

Gerson surfing
Gerson surfing

I was a little surprised
A little surprised

Thanks again Shawn and Tami - we had so much fun with the both of you and of course, Bella...
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Your trip sounds amazing!

Will you be coming by the DC area (well a bit east of DC really, towards the Chesapeake Bay)? Jessica and I would be glad to offer a pull.
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
Fredrik

We will be coming through the Capital but we are still not sure how long we are staying in the area. If you don't mind a couple of days warning, send a note to my email and let me know your numbers.

We had such a good time dropping in on Shawn and Tami we definitely want to repeat the process.

Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
Louise and Gerson,

We had a blast with you guys as well. We hope that you enjoy the rest of your journey. If you are ever in the area again, you know that you guys can drop in on us.