Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (justaddwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
just curious, how much air should i be able to get with a poly-e line behind a '86 astroglass bass boat at about 20 mph ? i do about 3 feet pretty regular but so far that seems to be the limit ... altho' my new handle and line come in later today hopefully ...
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
friend could get 5ft maybe a little more off an old tiny I/O. tantrums backrolls 360s and stuff, but he charged that little wake so hard I couldn't hold the boat in line. so i guess 5 feet would be absolute max with tiny wake and no tower/pylon. i wouldn't worry about it, but just have fun.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
i'd invest in a wakeskate if i had a bass boat
Old     (justaddwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
actually i'm workin' on that purchase for next spring ... but thanks, i did get my new helium spectra line in today, so i'm excited to try it out ...
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-21-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
Considering that some riders can do 4 ft ollies, I'd say you could probably do more than 3 ft off a wake, even a small one. I think the smaller the wake, the better the technique that's required.. One thing you could try to work on is an ollie style pop off the wake, where you primarily push off your back leg as you're leaving the wake while simultaneously pulling up the front leg. You know, like an ollie... Just think of that small wake as an opportunity to develop solid technique, which, once applied to a large wake, will send you to the stars!
Old     (justaddwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
well actually good technique is the reason i don't try to ollie off the top of the wake .. don't remember where but i was told to practice just standing tall but not to ollie on a wake jump ..
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
yea dont ollie off that wake, that would def. teach you bad habits.
watch this, then try to tell me you can go big off a tiny wake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmzoESPCq0
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-22-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
thats not that bad of a wake david, but for a jump like that, i'm sure any pro could do that