Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-18-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
...and in bed.

I'm down in Orlando for school and my sister came to visit me for a few days. This morning I decided to make her some breakfast in bed, especially because she is feeling sick. I was in a rush to keep the toast and pancake hot...I looked around and thought to myself, "I don't have any trays!" (sigh). So while I was rushing up stairs, I saw my Fish Wakeboard chilling against the wall (I've been using the Subjekt at OWC), so I grabbed it with my free hand and used that instead of a tray.

Just thought I would share. My sister loved it. So maybe your sister/girlfriend/wife would love it too...or something similar.

Cheers.

Upload
Upload
Old    mendo247            12-18-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
is that a luggy on the pancake?? lol

nice improvising!
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-18-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
best board ever!!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-18-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
nah, that's butter. no chop on that pancake.
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-18-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Awww Your sooo cute! I wish someone would do that for me!

Kels
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-18-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Land O Lakes Butter

AWESOME...looks like ALOT of carbs
The BUTTER effect team is at

www.lolwake.com
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-18-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
Kels,

Pretty cute yourself.

TK,

Carbs? I could eat a horse and I wouldn't gain a lb.
Not to rub it in or anything, I'm sure it'll catch up to me one day...hope not.

(Message edited by jovedawake on December 18, 2006)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-18-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
Nice Charile! How's the cable been treating ya?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-18-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
It's fun man. Cable is totally different from being behind a boat, but still AWESOME. OWC's sliders are nice and smooth.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-18-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
nice! We've definitely used a wakeboard for a cutting board after BBQing a nice tri-tip on the boat I'll try and find a pic.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-18-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
"Carbs? I could eat a horse and I wouldn't gain a lb.
Not to rub it in or anything, I'm sure it'll catch up to me one day...hope not."

A horse is ALL PROTEIN...no wonder you did'nt gain a pound

COOL SHOT...needs more syrup
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-19-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHa "A horse is ALL PROTEIN" OK
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-22-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
Know what is funny... both carbs and proteins have 4 calories per gram. With that fact alone, protien diets are lame. Fat has 9 calories per gram, which tangos with protein more often than carb.
Old    paperbagwake            12-23-2006, 5:29 AM Reply   
yeaa. reppin lake charlevoix.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-24-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Jeremy,

Interesting.

Dennis,

You've been on Lake Charlevoix?
Old    paperbagwake            12-24-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
yea man my buddy has a cottage up on charlevoix. we rode in some cove real early in the morning at ride before the sunset. great lake for cruisin though.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
jeremy, protein diets do have their place esp in cutting. Essentially protein is the most needed nutritional source. Without enough protein, your body will cannibalize your muscles to get the required protein to repair. You need 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass just to maintain muscle(roughly). On a cutting diet, you want to get a deficit of calories while maintaining your muscle. The only way you do this is by limiting your intake to the requisite protein, the few carbs it need to get you up to your desired caloric intake, and the few essential fatty acids you need to live. Also it should be mentioned that while carbs can be transformed into fats and stored in the body, protein can't. Just to be clear, i'm not advocating that we all go on protein diets, the best overall is a balanced maintenance diet with no gorging and spread meals. avoiding the need to cut is the best policy in the first place. if anyone can tell me how to do that, i would be happy.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-25-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
Dennis,

Did that cove have a name?

On that lake, most of my time is spent on a jetski or a sailboat...but there are those rare days when the entire lake is glass :-) And, there is a deep cove right by our cottage that we go in often that is mostly always butter.