Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-21-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
We have a problem with our big crew in the summer getting everyone organized for riding, finding out who's in or out for the day..

My buddy told me about this app the other day where you can essentially set up a text message "string" where you can reply to all via text message, rather than texting everyone individually, seeing what time everyone is free, etc.

http://groupme.com/

You set up a "group", everyone signs up and then you text into this number that groupme gives you and it shoots out that text to everyone.

I'm not affiiliated with Group Me, nor is my buddy or anyone I know.. He just told me about it yesterday and the first thing I thought of was trying to get a crew together on a Wednesday afternoon and sending 10 texts to 10 people saying the same thing.... The only downside I can see is having an "abuser" in the group who is constantly blowing up everyone's phone..

Will be a good tool for our crew to get organized this summer. Give it a shot if you have a bigger crew and feel the pain of organizing what lake, time, launch, etc.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-21-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
pretty cool. Most phones allow you to create a group of contacts and then text the group. But its still a PITA and this seems like it would work better, especially for large groups.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2011, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
pretty cool. Most phones allow you to create a group of contacts and then text the group. But its still a PITA and this seems like it would work better, especially for large groups.
Yeah - that works great for sending out.. But then the group can't "reply to all"...
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-23-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
Sounds sick do you need to have a phone that uses apps to be included in the list because I could see that being a problem as well since I know a good portion of people do not have the app capability.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMike View Post
Sounds sick do you need to have a phone that uses apps to be included in the list because I could see that being a problem as well since I know a good portion of people do not have the app capability.
No - all you do is to go the website linked above and create a "group".. You are given a phone number for your group and then you text into that number and the app (groupme) does the work for sending to all..

pretty cool.