Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-18-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Some cool shots of the 2012 Tiges and their pro riders:

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-18-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
It's REALLY hard to argue with what they are doing right now. The product they are putting out is just phenomenal.

The thought I always have when watching their ads is that all of the featured boats are really "busy" and "loud". I often times wonder why they don't show off a couple of more relaxed boats. Something all white or all black with minimal colors. Seems like showcasing a few of those types of boats would benefit them even MORE than their stunning product already does. I think they are putting out absolutely gorgeous stuff - but if I were to order one today - it certainly wouldnt be a lime green or blaze orange one with tribal graphics. Thankfully, most people are smart enough to not make a decision based on that - but some aren't.

Big ups to Tige this year. Coming on strong. Pretty soon we'll have to stop talking about the "Big 3" and start including Tige, Supra and MB in the "top tier" boats. Hell, even the 11 and 12 Centurions are now in that mix.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-18-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
The coolest thing that I have found about Tige is that they actually scour the forums and listen to the feedback of the owners/prospective owners and make changes accordingly!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-18-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
The coolest thing that I have found about Tige is that they actually scour the forums and listen to the feedback of the owners/prospective owners and make changes accordingly!
I met one of the guys at the Minneapolis Boat Show (**** if I cna remember his name) but he was from Texas up selling the product. Nicest guy I met at the entire boat show, I posted about it and he posted on the forum and said "hi Jeff - pleasure to meet you this weekend"..

Can't beat that. Really.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-18-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
no contest my favorite manufacture/ boat style right now
but you just never see anyone posting here about them really. i just wish i knew what there wakeboard wake was like, and what other boat its comparible too.
is it long and rampy, is it tall and lippy, is it wide, is it soft or hard, is it touchy or easy to tune etc.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-18-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
dont forget about ryan light who did an awesome job creating this little masterpieve of a video
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-19-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
The wake is on the wider side, it's pretty tall and lippy but you can knock it down with the taps plate. I like it lippy. And it's not super hard which makes riding the steeper wake a bit easier on the knees.
It's so easy to tune cuz of the plate you can run the same ballast and if one person likes steep you give it 5 on the taps and if someone wants mellow give em 2. The only place it isn't good is when you run without ballast.
I ride tiges and x25s all the time and much prefer the TIGE wake. But you have to try it yourself
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-19-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
Seems that Tige loves to film it's videos on Lake Austin...love the dock scenes from the docks of the Hula Hut. Tige's are the cat's pjs right now. If I can swing it...I may have one next season.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
but you just never see anyone posting here about them really.
more cowbell!!!! haven't seen a pic of that blue and white tige in a couple months ;D

that video almost makes a guy want a tige tattoo on their lower back?? am i right guys??? am I right??

haha all sarcasm aside and jokes at the tige guy's expense....

I liked the video, once again boats are a little bit too busy for my taste but look pretty darn good
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
but you just never see anyone posting here about them really. i just wish i knew what there wakeboard wake was like, and what other boat its comparible too.
is it long and rampy, is it tall and lippy, is it wide, is it soft or hard, is it touchy or easy to tune etc.
Tige is most similar to Malibus wake.Like SimpleJ said it's adjustable from 1 to 8.Most riders like the 3 to 7 range though.I would post up some pics,but that would be ringing my Cowbell.LOL
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Tige is most similar to Malibus wake.Like SimpleJ said it's adjustable from 1 to 8.Most riders like the 3 to 7 range though.I would post up some pics,but that would be ringing my Cowbell.LOL
i feel like the tige wake is more comparable to an older supra, im talking about the tige Ve anyway.

i think the tige Ve is the best tige for wakeboarding, and i feel like the rest of them are more like family boats. they definitely have great graphic designs, but i like the boats better without all the stickers
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
i feel like the tige wake is more comparable to an older supra, im talking about the tige Ve anyway.

i think the tige Ve is the best tige for wakeboarding, and i feel like the rest of them are more like family boats. they definitely have great graphic designs, but i like the boats better without all the stickers
I had a 07 22ve.I now have a 2011 RZ2.The only difference i see is the wake behind the RZ2 is bigger.I have 420 hours behind the 22ve and 105 hours on the 2011 RZ2.I had 2000lbs of ballast for the 22ve and 2000 lbs of ballast in the RZ2.I have at least 20 to 30 hours behind a malibu.Also at least 2 to 3 hours behind a X-STAR,SAN,Supra and MB.To me Malibu has the closest wake shape to Tige.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-20-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Can you put more that one pair of board racks on the new Tige' tower? I could not find any pictures online with more than one set. Also the new Tige' tower sits pretty low, It looks like you would hit your head on the speakers hanging down if you didn't watch out. Don't get me wrong I like the look of the new Tige' but still not sold on the tower. I like the cross bar that Malibu has on theirs so at least you have options to hand speakers from it and it seems to sit higher up. Also not a fan of the ballast fat sacks that the Tige' uses. I would rather have hard tanks. The fat sacks in the storage areas seems pretty dated. One more thing with a Bimini top on the new tower which you rarely see pictures of one, how do you flip the Nav light/ tow ball swivel. Do you have to put the Bimini away to have the Nav light up in the correct place or does the Bimini canvas has room for it to pivot? I am sure there is room to pivot.

http://www.tige.com/features/alpha-z-tower
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-20-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
I don't think there is room for more than one set of racks. Tige does have the optional surf board storage in the bimini that holds 2 surfboards in it. The tower is about 6'2" to 6'3" I would guess. I am 6'1 and don't bang my head on it. The tower will only hold 4 speakers and if you do put 4 Rev 10's on it, the one set does get in the way so most go with 8's and 10's when they run 2 pair. The nav light swivels with the bimini up or down, very simple design.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
I had a 07 22ve.I now have a 2011 RZ2.The only difference i see is the wake behind the RZ2 is bigger.I have 420 hours behind the 22ve and 105 hours on the 2011 RZ2.I had 2000lbs of ballast for the 22ve and 2000 lbs of ballast in the RZ2.I have at least 20 to 30 hours behind a malibu.Also at least 2 to 3 hours behind a X-STAR,SAN,Supra and MB.To me Malibu has the closest wake shape to Tige.
i have only ridden the rz2 a few times, maybe it just wasnt dialed in, but my good friend Billy Garcia has a Ve and when he has it loaded id say it throws a pretty good one.

the malibu i ride is a vlx and its slammed evertime i get on it my friend John Holmes really has that boat figured out, always a fun day on that boat.

maybe we just have the taps and power wedge set at at different places? who knows
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-20-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
i have only ridden the rz2 a few times, maybe it just wasnt dialed in, but my good friend Billy Garcia has a Ve and when he has it loaded id say it throws a pretty good one.

the malibu i ride is a vlx and its slammed evertime i get on it my friend John Holmes really has that boat figured out, always a fun day on that boat.

maybe we just have the taps and power wedge set at at different places? who knows
I'M just a recreational rider.I have ridden all of the boats i listed with at least 2000 lbs or more.I would say the MasterCraft X-Star is my favorite.Tige and Malibu are very close.SAN was AWESOME but i'd need more time to adjust to it.Supra was a little steep for my style,but with time i could adjust to it.MB was a mix of the Tige and Supra all in one.All of the wakes are very good just some were easier for me to adjust too.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-20-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Tim, thanks for the info. CMB4ME, thanks as well for you wake type info. All the info was good.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-20-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
The tower is 6'4 as of 2011. My whole family is above 6 foot and we have no issues even loaded with speakers. If you're real tall they actually make extensions on the base! ( Thats what I've heard and seen in a pic or 2). I think what JB an Robert are kind of showing is that the wake has basically whatever lip you want it to. Every owner has theirs dialed in a certain way that they like. IMO the TIGE wake and Malibu wake are probably the most adjustable between the hull shapes and wedge/taps in terms of steepness/lip/ ramps.
Also you don't get the sacs unless you want the huge ballast system2 tanks and 1 sac otherwise. But who doesn't want more ballast!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-20-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of pics of the Tige wake.The first picture is empty only driver and 2 light passengers.The second picture is with 2000 lbs and on a 85' line.
Attached Images

Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-20-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
I have an 09' Tige Z1 and love it every minute. Wake is great but I am not a hard core rider. I would like to add mroe ballast to bring up to todays standards. The dealer support from Texas Tige and factory support is great!
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-25-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
Just ordered a new 2012 Tige Z3. This will be my third Tige. If your in the market for a new boat!!! Do yourself a favor and take one out for a Demo.
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-26-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Robert T (cwb4me) How to you like your White Alpha Z Tower?? I was going to do a black tower on my Z3 build but have decided to go White.. Has it held up??
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-26-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by colosurfer View Post
Robert T (cwb4me) How to you like your White Alpha Z Tower?? I was going to do a black tower on my Z3 build but have decided to go White.. Has it held up??
I love the white,It's really sharp.There are some pictures of it on TO.If i post them up here they will accuse me of ringing my cowbell.Guma has a 2012 Z3 build going on and his Red/White and Black is really sharp.It really depends on what you like.When i saw Ragboy's White/Navy boat i fell in love with the white tower.I just went with the pacific blue and different graphics..This April i will have had it a year.I have 105 hours on it and it still looks like new.

Last edited by cwb4me; 01-26-2012 at 4:50 PM.
Old     (TimR)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-27-2012, 4:08 AM Reply   
i saw the lineup at the Houston boat show, those are best looking boats out there.
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-29-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love the white,It's really sharp.There are some pictures of it on TO.If i post them up here they will accuse me of ringing my cowbell.Guma has a 2012 Z3 build going on and his Red/White and Black is really sharp.It really depends on what you like.When i saw Ragboy's White/Navy boat i fell in love with the white tower.I just went with the pacific blue and different graphics..This April i will have had it a year.I have 105 hours on it and it still looks like new.
Yeah, I have checked out your boat on several occasions. You might remember that I was considering between an RZ2 & Z3. Going with the Z3 and a White Tower. I think the white will
hold up better then the black. Thanks for the info.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
It's REALLY hard to argue with what they are doing right now. The product they are putting out is just phenomenal.

The thought I always have when watching their ads is that all of the featured boats are really "busy" and "loud". I often times wonder why they don't show off a couple of more relaxed boats. Something all white or all black with minimal colors. Seems like showcasing a few of those types of boats would benefit them even MORE than their stunning product already does. I think they are putting out absolutely gorgeous stuff - but if I were to order one today - it certainly wouldnt be a lime green or blaze orange one with tribal graphics. Thankfully, most people are smart enough to not make a decision based on that - but some aren't.

Big ups to Tige this year. Coming on strong. Pretty soon we'll have to stop talking about the "Big 3" and start including Tige, Supra and MB in the "top tier" boats. Hell, even the 11 and 12 Centurions are now in that mix.
I also like what Tige is doing. Personal opinion though is that the graphics are hideous, and would be nice if there were options to make the interior a little less busy (maybe there are, I don't know). I think the majority of people who can afford a boat want something a little less flashy than lime green, crazy graphics, and diamond stitching (or maybe just me). Plus, they're really missing out by not having a NorCal dealer.
Old     (CritterGirl)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-02-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
My husband and I looked at these boats at the Austin show and were very impressed! We will be taking a closer look in the near future.