Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-18-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Any suggestions on a good new born life vest. All vests i've seen are way to large 0-30lbs. My baby would fall right out of it.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
infant life jacket at wal-mart. used this for last for my baby girl.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-18-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have 3 of them I'll send to you. One is an Oneill. Email me your address.

Unfortunately none of them are comfortable. They are bulky and awkward and press up into the kids face. But, they're designed with a purpose I guess.

ciejarrod@gmail.com
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-18-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Heres one...the puppy is pretty small to give you an idea. i have no idea if this is or an infant but its a pretty small coasty.

Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-18-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the Responses, and offer Jarrod.

I'm leaning towards this jacket, looks to be a good jacket for a newborn, she's only about 8lbs right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Infant-Fu.../dp/B003HFTU56
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-18-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yea i'm trying to find one for my 1 year old right now. didn't take him out on the boat last year, (wife wouldn't let him come out until he was 1 for some reason). but he's a year 4 months. suggestions on that age would be great! sorry to hijack steven.

my oldest son, 5 now, wore a vest kind of like the one in your link but it had a smaller "collar" and didn't go under the crotch like that, it just had a strap. so that one actually looks really good, i'd go with that one honestly!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-18-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Not to snake in here, but I would be interested in those jackets J-Rod (if Steven isn't taking them). how much are you asking for them? Do you have any pics?
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-18-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Forrest go ahead, my wife just shot me a text that she purchased the one on the link above.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-18-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
LR3 that's a toddler jacket not infant. Infant jackets have the neck and head support with the strap on top.( unless it's not evident in the pic).

I'm evaluating different jackets for my daughter (8 mos next week) and purchased a Stearns from Walmart that did not fit. Stearns actual website has options, overtons also has a good selection. I was in a BJ's wholesale last night and they had a nice neoprene infant jacket made by kidder, might try that.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-18-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
LR3 that's a toddler jacket not infant. Infant jackets have the neck and head support with the strap on top.( unless it's not evident in the pic).

I'm evaluating different jackets for my daughter (8 mos next week) and purchased a Stearns from Walmart that did not fit. Stearns actual website has options, overtons also has a good selection. I was in a BJ's wholesale last night and they had a nice neoprene infant jacket made by kidder, might try that.
You can tell I dont have kids yet lol
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-18-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
I picked up this one and it seems very well made. Haven't tried it out yet but it's got the big head float/handle so it should be good. Not like she'll be more than a foot away from anybody anyways.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-...nContent_ctl06

evo always had promo codes also so it ended up being like $25
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-18-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
I bought this one for my daughter last year. We had her out on the boat at four weeks. She was no more than 10lbs and it fit great. It goes up to 30lbs which seems like a big range, but we were able to make it snug and it's neoprene so it didn't seem to bother her at all.

http://www.thecwbstore.com/shopexd.asp?id=18212
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-23-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Just ordered the CWB one for my 10 day old daughter! I know it's early but hopefully we will be able to use it this summer.
Old     (steelrider68882)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-23-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Yea I have a 2 month old and she is 10 lbs. We are trying to figure out which vest to put on her.