Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-27-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey guys im about to make my first wakeskate purchase and i narrowed it down to two boards so far the Liquid Force Faction or the Hyperlite Stylus. The Faction is a size 40 and the Stylus is a 41. I only weigh around 120 and didnt know which size would fit me best. I also wanted a board with foam instead of griptape. Any info or suggestions would be great, thanks.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-27-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
You won't really feel much of a difference between a 40 and 41, especially if you're just starting out. Both boards are just about the same, neither of them have any concave. The only shape they have is the standard curvature of the board. The only major difference I can remember is the Faction seems a little thicker than the Stylus which could make you feel a little more stable on the water, especially when going over some chop.

Both are great for starting out, but if you've wakeboarded enough to have a good amount of control on the water, you run the risk of out-progressing the boards. If you feel like you can ride a wakeboard well and are interested in progressing further than just a shove-it every now and then, I would suggest expanding your board search. If you're on a budget and can't spend any more than the cost of those two boards, have no fear, you'll have plenty of fun on either one.

If you can spend a little more, I would suggest the Anthem and Signal from Liquid Force or the Paragon and Nomad from Hyperlite.(all of which are foam top like you wanted)

If cost is your only concern, I would check out the-house right now, they're having a pretty good sale. Here's a link to wakeskates - http://www.the-house.com/buy-cheap-wakeskates.html

Here's a video that talks about the Faction and the Anthem. The more expensive Anthem has a bit of concave on top which would be helpful when expanding your bag-of-tricks.

Here's a video that shows the Stylus. If you'll notice, the board looks a little thinner than the Faction.

Welcome to the sport!

Last edited by petrie141; 11-27-2012 at 7:58 AM.
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-27-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
thank you so much for the information in think i am going to go with the anthem because i have to spend under 150
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       11-27-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1 View Post
thank you so much for the information in think i am going to go with the anthem because i have to spend under 150
Right on man!
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-27-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
actually i found a little bit older signal for the same price so im gunu get that instead : D
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Dude, you are going to be stoked! Wakeskating is the best!