Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
So the Sanger V215 is on hold for various reasons (hidden price costs and low trade-in value). There is another dealership which has the above listed boats for approx the same cost (36k ish). I am having trouble finding info on these and was curious whats you guys thought. Which one? We want to wakeboard and wakesurf. Any info would be helpful.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have an 05 Elite V that I got in early 06. I have really enjoyed it, and it hasn't given me any problems at all. The wakeboard wake is pretty decent if you put some weight in the walk through / nose. If you don't, it seems to get sensitive to weight distribution. The surf wave is pretty good. Its only "fairly" big, but it seems to have more push than other boats I've been on (I can't figure it out). Overall, even though I am thinking about selling it, I'm really glad I bought it. It has been a very solid boat for me. You'll find a few others will bash it, but if it sounds like something that could work for you, and after you test drive it you still like it, I wouldn't be afraid to do it.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-15-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
post this up on www.centurioncrew.com. There are a couple guys on there that have the new falcon.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-15-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
Feel about the same as PLR. I have an 05 elite v C4 as well and have really enjoyed it. I havent had any problems either...knock on wood. Good bang for the buck. And in my mind its a pretty sweet boat. I get lots of compliments on it. I dont know what market your shopping in but my dealer here in Fresno has some good deals too.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
i've been on both an prefer the elite V. I was not impressed with the falcon surf wake at all, nothing at all like other deep v centurions. The elite v puts out a great surf wake, nice and steep with lots of push. The falcon seemed like a ski boat trying to wakeboard.
The construction is different too, all the seat bases are pieced together out of wood in the falcon too, while the elite v has a one piece fiberglass top deck.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
"The construction is different too, all the seat bases are pieced together out of wood in the falcon too, while the elite v has a one piece fiberglass top deck."

Yes the Falcon is built like the Malibu in that the seat bases are pieced together. The boats built in CA use Wood in the seat bases the Centurions built in NC are all composite

There are some guys on centurioncrew.com that have had good results with the Falcon Surf wake
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
the surf wake is clean and long but lacks the push from a steep face due to the flat shape of the falcons transom. Positives of the flat hull is that is less sensitive to weight distribution and, provides more of a ramp wake board wake (opposed to steep), handles and turns like a traditional ski boat. The elite v will preform better in rough water. I guess i've only worked on the CA boats, when you say composite, is it a molded structure or built out of fiberglass board.

Go sit in the two i just prefer the deeper feel of the seating area of the elite v

(Message edited by masonwakerider on June 17, 2009)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Like Malibu's they are built out a composite board

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Weighting-Falcon-t1000.html