Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
just want to see some pics of boats that have them and get some ideas for color combo's....... also some reviews on the product would be great. i think im going to place an order for the seat bottoms and the sun deck. what do you guys have for me?

http://www.primalmp.com/
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       08-23-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
I just recently got the seat bottoms. I can't believe I went so long without these. Not only do they protect my upholstery, but they remain nice and cool to sit on when it hits the hundred degree mark.
I don't have any pictures and am headed out of town. I will post some when I get back on Tuesday. Terry cloth on the exposed surfaces and lycra or something similar everywhere else. I put them in my '02 xstar and all the covers fit nice and tight.
When they get dirty, I just toss them in the wash. At the beginning/end of the day, it takes an extra five minutes to remove/install. I guess you wouldn't have to remove them as to allow the vinyl underneath to dry out.
My only complaint would be the color. I ordered grey, and it leaned more toward a light blue/grey. I would request a color swatch if possible. I would definitly purchase these again.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
thanks terry, would love to see some pics when you get back
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have them on my san and they replace always haveing to have towels spread out. I agree with Terry on the color issues. I ordered a mix of grey with a few dark blue pieces. The gray quickly faded to a mauve/light grey and the dark blue faded quickly to a grey blue. I am not that worried about the colors as it replaces a hodgepodge of multi colored towels. The fit was/ is nice. If i was to do it again I might just get white to avoid the fadding.
Mine are on their third summer but the fadding was very noticable after about 5 days.
Its great to not have to have towels spread in the bow and on the drivers seat especially. Personally I would not do the sun deck as you don't need coverage there while moving.
I use mine mostly at Lake Mead and do not have to take them off each day as they will dry fast. In a humid or cooler enviroment putting them on and off each day would be too much for me.
If you get them, use some kind of permenent marker to mark which cushion they go on because the trial and error method takes a good 30 minutes.
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-23-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
I have the whole set and love them. Especially with having kids in the boat. They have faded but I have heard he has upgraded material that will not fade. For me they dry by the time I get home so I only take them off to wash them.

The deck cover comes in handy for any kind of boat in camping if you do that.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, makes me realize I need more boat pictures.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
thanks guys, just sent a pay pal deposit to mark and placed the order, i cant wait to get these covers on the new bu. i did the whole seat bottom pack driver seat and deck. did light grey mainly with some dark grey and the driver seat is 2 toned. would love to see your pics. i will post some in couple weeks when i get them.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-23-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Bryan,

As everyone else stated, they'll be a great investment. I have had mine for 2 years and couldn't be happier. Also as stated, they will fade. You'll be happy with them!!
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-23-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. There were some color fade issues in year one, but now we have better material and do expect to see any fading on the new dark and light gray, at least not until many years of use. Color testing we have done has shown that colors hold up excellent. We even have a black that resists fading.

Thanks again.

Bryan, I requested a rush, so hopefully it will be done by Tuesaday.

Mark
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-23-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
Mark,

I'll be your test pilot on the new black since my first set of black didn't work out
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-24-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Hey Myke,

Thanks for the offer, but DWV (Delta Wakeboard Camp) beat you to it! If you keep your boat next summer, drop me a line and maybe I'll to work something out.

M
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-24-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Hey Unc,
Curious if you have or will have any for the old school 2001 nautique interior. Didn't see it on your site, '87 model to be exact.
Old     (time2share1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
just found out they do not have the covers for a 2004 mastercraft x-30
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-24-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
We work by the number of requests we get, so just to let you know, the next few boats coming up will be the Xstar, 1999-2002 Sport Nautique, Yamaha AR230, possibly a Supra SSV, Malibu 24LSV, and Malibu Response LXi.

To get your boat on the list I need at least 5 customers ready to purchase a significant amount of covers, not just one or two, more like the entire set, or near that. That gets my interest going.

Unfortunately I cannot do one-offs... I cannot make money off a price that people will pay... so we go one at a time, based on requests from customers. I am trying to get one major boat from each manufacture, while also supporting customer requests.

I know this leaves out a bunch of people, but the plan is that as we grow, we will be able to do more and more boats each year, and hopefully "cover" as many people and boats as we can!

If anyone has any questions, drop us a line at info@primalmp.com.

UJ
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-25-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
MB B52 V23????
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-25-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Sorry, not yet.

Here is a list of what we have

Correct Craft
Supe Air
SV211

Malibu
VLX, Vride, 23LSV, Sunsetter, Sunkicker

MasterCraft
X-1 (older Xstar, lder X-2)

Sanger
V215

Centurion
Avalanche

SeaRay
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-31-2007, 2:53 AM Reply   
just walked in the door from a long night at the toby keith concert, hey my gf likes country, and what do you know i have a huge box on the door step with my name on it. they look insane mark, thanks. i will get pics this weekend of them installed. i didnt realize how derible they are. i want to bath with them, jk. lol, what a product and great service. well thanks again to mark at primal, great product and great service. lates bryan
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
here are some pics of my new covers, they are insane. i didnt even have to wipe off my interior after today. great product. mark, i had about 10 different boat owners comment on mine today and most of them where vlx owners. so i hope it draws some more business for ya. and the 2 pics that look RED, there not it just my camera, mix of light and they were wet.

Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:56 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-03-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
Upload

if anyone has considered these, i will honestly say go for it. best investment i think you can make for your boat. and the girls loved the sun deck area!!!