Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2013, 2:02 PM Reply   
Looks like Sean Kilgus is filming again for a movie called Prime. It looks like he has Dowdy, Maur, and Harley from what I can tell. Anyone know the details like other other riders, release time frame?
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-30-2013, 4:05 PM Reply   
Rusty, aaron rathy, jd webb are a few more. I hope josh twelker gets in it that be would sick!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-30-2013, 4:08 PM Reply   
Oh ya and steel lafferty
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-30-2013, 4:54 PM Reply   
I think even Vandall may be in it.......Like him or not he Kills it ALL DAY!!!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
According to Dowdy's Fb post, Josh Twelker was there filming today. I'm stoked to see Dowdy, Twelker and Maur in a major production. Well deserved.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-01-2013, 6:18 AM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime...672979?fref=ts
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2013, 6:20 AM Reply   
Awesome news to hear! Hopefully it comes out in 1080p.
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-01-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Looks like Sean Kilgus is filming again for a movie called Prime. It looks like he has Dowdy, Maur, and Harley from what I can tell. Anyone know the details like other other riders, release time frame?
Judging by his past projects, the video will probably be out in 3 years or so.
Old     (Chris389)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-01-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Scott Stewart needs to be in the vid!!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-01-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose99 View Post
Judging by his past projects, the video will probably be out in 3 years or so.
Judging by his last project, it'll be worth a 3 year wait (Defy)
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-01-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
He wrote on the Prime fb wall, that it will be ready in 18 months.
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-01-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baska View Post
He wrote on the Prime fb wall, that it will be ready in 18 months.
You might remember he said the same thing about Defy and that took 2 and a half years.
And, personally, I would way rather take a Lipsmack every 8-10 months over a 2.5-3 year wait for a Defy.
Anywho, hope it's a good film.
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2013, 4:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose99 View Post
a Lipsmack every 8-10 months
I would kindly ask you to get real. These things take more time than you could imagine.

Last edited by sideswipeproductions; 05-02-2013 at 4:36 AM.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-02-2013, 5:22 AM Reply   
Hi SideswipeProductions! I was just watching In Transit today! Dean Smith's part is still my favorite. Hope to see more from you guys soon!
Not to threadjack, I think we can hold Kilgus to the 18 Months. May 2nd and he already finished shooting Location 1? Seems like he's on top of it.
Old     (xh2o13)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-02-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris389 View Post
Scott Stewart needs to be in the vid!!
I agree we need to see more of this kid going huge... Lets see some style!!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
I just hope there's as much helicopter footage (read: actual footage of a helicopter, not just from one) as in Defy. And by the looks of instagram, they have 2 choppers, so I feel my wish will be granted. I love watching wakeboard movies packed full of helicopters, their blades, cockpits, just amazing stuff....

I am looking forward to it, but to say Defy was worth a 3 year wait is a stretch in my opinion. Most of the "new" moves weren't even new anymore, and they were having to leak so much of it throughout the process. Bought it on Blue-ray, watched it once. Have watched Lipsmack more times than I can count.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2013, 8:58 PM Reply   
agreed 18 months seems an excessive wait.
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
Hi SideswipeProductions! I was just watching In Transit today! Dean Smith's part is still my favorite. Hope to see more from you guys soon!
Not to threadjack, I think we can hold Kilgus to the 18 Months. May 2nd and he already finished shooting Location 1? Seems like he's on top of it.
Thanks Vinny, thats awesome to hear! Stoked you enjoyed it.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-03-2013, 3:59 AM Reply   
I don't think this whole idea about taking 18months or longer to make a wake movie really works. This sport progresses so fast that in 18months from now, the stuff they're doing and filming today is going to be old news. Defy was a great movie in my opinion, but there were a number of people disappointed that there weren't any new hammers being dropped. For example, uf you think about the original trailer that came out Defy, it was Danny doing a wrapped backside 9. This was ground-breaking at the time, but by the time Defy actually came out, there were a number of people doing backside 10s.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2013, 4:23 AM Reply   
18 months??? Remind me in 2014...
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 4:53 AM Reply   
I don't think you guys get it that are criticizing a movie for taking a few years to come out. Do you think it's as simple as going out, filming, editing, done? One of my close friends had some music that Kilgus used for Defy and just knowing what it took get all the rights and every other aspect of putting together a film like that is insane. There's so much more to it and you can't produce a movie like that overnight. Lipsmack was awesome, but it was no defy. Relax and enjoy wakeboarding, when the movie comes out just be stoked to watch it.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/features/...ig-at-x-dance/
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Can we not give our opinion and input anymore? There's large hurdles in all different markets and industries, and if it seems the product isn't getting to the customer "correctly" (which would be in the consumers' mind and opinion), companies make changes and make it happen. The issues you bring up are obviously real, but nothing that isn't expected or could have extra resources to help expedite. Point being, this will likely lose it's luster because it takes so long, similar to Defy, in some consumers' minds.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-03-2013, 12:08 PM Reply   
I remember now why I don't WW much anymore. So many negative people. Yes everyone's entitled to their opinion but it seems like the majority is negative and critical. Kilgus's film will be worth the wait. I'm sure Sean and the rest of us working with him will do our best to produce something that will get you excited to go wakeboard. However long that may take.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
^^^ thank you for wording it better. Since were entitled to our opinions I don't see how Defy "lustered" when it was one of the highest selling wake films and won awards that no other wake film (that I'm aware of) has won. With technology (go pro's, contours, cameras) how could anyone get a legit wake film out in time without one of these kids filming a new trick in the meantime. You could produce a wake film in 3 months and it doesn't mean that in the first month of production there won't be a go pro video on WW of some new trick and 2 months later when the film comes out it's old news. I'm just saying relax, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but why so critical all the time seriously.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Then again all the people complaining about the wait have their right to "NOT" watch it. I'll be enjoying thoroughly in the meantime.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-08-2013, 5:03 AM Reply   
I love Defy and have seen it more times than I can count. My kids (5 & 3) watch it all the time still. They know every rider in it by first and last name.

Lipsmack was good but I'm not sure I've even seen it once, all the way through. For whatever reason, my kids have no interest in watching it.

18 months does seem a bit long but not really when you consider all the travel on top of the rider's day jobs (competing, promos, etc).

Hopefully we will get some more classic one liners like Danny saying, 'There's nothing like cruising in a luxury RV through a 3rd world country with your best friends.'
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
I can tell you from making Delta Sessions 1 & 2, that it takes easily 18 months form start to finish. We did not have a tenth of the quality, angles, helicopters,etc.. that the movies of today have and they still took a solid 1.5 years. Basically a year of shooting and half a year to edit, produce, and market. A movie like DEFY has to take at least that long or probably twice as long. There is so much more they do now, that grabbing a camera and a few angles and hit the studio is not realistic. Especially when you have a guy like Trevor Mauer that is generating high quality mini videos every few weeks and that are exceptional in quality and production.

The anticipation is a big part of the marketing, so enjoy it and have something to look forward to for Christmas 2014.

Heck I have been waiting for Dr. Dre's Detox since 1999....
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-08-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo View Post
I remember now why I don't WW much anymore. So many negative people. Yes everyone's entitled to their opinion but it seems like the majority is negative and critical. Kilgus's film will be worth the wait. I'm sure Sean and the rest of us working with him will do our best to produce something that will get you excited to go wakeboard. However long that may take.
Amen to that! Hope all is well Hahn!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
I loved DEFY. Actually I love an evening, chillin back on the couch with Art of Flight and DEFY back to back.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
I also loved DEFY! Can't wait till the new film premiers here in the PNW!