Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-07-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
So I want to install a shower this year.

I plan on mounting on the rear transom so I don't have to open the hatch once the temp is set.

Which one of these do I want the straight or the 45 degree?

My transom has a bit of an angle to it and I can post pics if needed. Heatercraft doesn't really have specific images of each piece but I will try to contact them for a pic / more info.

601SC (Complete Cup Shower with S102 Valve)

http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductIn...roductid=601SC

OR

602SC (Complete 45 Degree Cup Shower with S102 Valve)

http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductIn...roductid=602SC

From what I can gather, I think I want the 45 degree so the hose/handle are not perpendicular to the wall of the transom but rather makes a nice angle pointing downward when its stowed and inside the boat.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-08-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
hey, i'd post the same question over at mc teamtalk, you're bound to get more help with it.

i have a similar hull and am curious to see how this ends up working out for you. i've wanted a shower for a while, but will likely opt for installing the mixers inside the locker for aesthetic purposes.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
hey, i'd post the same question over at mc teamtalk, you're bound to get more help with it.

i have a similar hull and am curious to see how this ends up working out for you. i've wanted a shower for a while, but will likely opt for installing the mixers inside the locker for aesthetic purposes.
Yeah, I'm installing the mixers inside the engine compartment too. I just wanted the handle stowed outside because I have the one piece engine hatch and its kind of a pain to open all the time.

I called heatercraft and they advised the 45 degree cup as I expected. The other one is more for a horizontal surface.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-08-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
oh yeah, sorry i forgot about that. good luck with the install.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2011, 6:18 PM Reply   
Anyone have a picture of one of these installed? A shower is something I have wanted to install but have not yet figured out a clean way to do it.