Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (mwilso27)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-15-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Has anyone else had the mount where the tower speakers attached come off? These mounts are welded onto the tower, but the welds broke on my boat a couple of days ago and my speaker fell on a passenger in the boat.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-15-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
what speaker? How heavy?
Old     (mwilso27)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-15-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
It was a Wet Sounds Pro-80.
Old     (needacar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
How was a pro-80 welded on the tower?
Old     (needacar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
And contact wet sounds they should fix the problem.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-15-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
Ummm, I believe he is referring to the factory speaker perch on the MC, what the Pro80 was bolted to, that fell off.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-15-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Yes he is refering to the factory "disc" that is welded to the tower. The factory speakers or our MC mounts bolt to that disc.

Mike,

We have not heard of the factory speaker mount failing like that before. They are welded to the tower. The factory MC cans and speakers are similar in weight to the PRO 80 as well.

Keep me in the loop and let me know what the MC dealer says.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-15-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^ and thats why wet sounds is the best
Old     (mwilso27)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-17-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Tim - you are correct that the weld on the factory mounted discs that hold the speakers is what broke.

My Mastercraft dealer directed me to a local wakeboard tower manufacturer to do the welding repair. MC stated that the standard tower warranty is only 1 year. I purchased the extended warranty and they are 'researching' whether or not this is covered.

I looked over the warranty and it should be covered. Kind of sad that MC would not stand behind their product regardless since it was a manufacturing flaw that caused this to occur. Not to mention my boat only has about 40 hours on it.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-17-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
Sorry to say but get used to it. I would be shocked if MC warrantied that.
Old     (mwilso27)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-17-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Tim,
I am having a difficult time getting the front cover of the speaker off. Dirt got into the 8 holes where the screws go in and it is difficult to get the screwdriver onto the screw heads.

Do the screws come all the way out of the holes or do they just come part way out to release the front?