Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (phil_dixon)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-22-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
Has anyone been able to ride a Company Super Limited yet?
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-22-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Not me.
Old     (phil_dixon)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-23-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
so there's nobody??
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-23-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
i swear i remember reading somewhere about some guys who rode one and some said it was like slingshot others said it (company) was more "responsive" (or some other word like that) than slingshot but others felt the slingshots were more responsive or something.

I am guessing this was in comparison to the '08 slingshots, so i find it a li'l surprising that there was a full spectrum of opinions, mainly due to the new more-rounded rail design for '09 (that both company and slingshot have in common for '09)
But at the same time this could be the whole reason... some might just be so used to the squared off rail...

I guess i have been half expecting people to compare the slingshot '08 gear to the '09 company gear and find slingshot lacking despite not comparing same year models. but already this is not the case... although this is only a handful of guys so it is nothing that can be extrapolated successfully.

you following my ramblings?? ;) hehehe

p.s. i'll have to post that comment up if i ever find it again
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-23-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
Yea, I know someone got #1 #7 and I got #11.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-24-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
Isn't the 08 and 09 slingshots the same shape? I thought the only difference was graphics Duh, and the dura base. I'm not sure about this though
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-24-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
09 Recoil changed, Reflex is all new, Response shape is the same but I believe the insides off all the 09 SS's changed
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-24-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
All slingshot boards for '09 have the following changes (that i can tell from just reading and watching vids):

* dura base
* different side-wall material: HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips - Extremely impact resistant and tunable.
*additional inserts for wider stance options
* Tapered/rounded rails vs the squared off ones before. this should make the ride smoother and more responsive
Notice, especially the rail close to the tip and tail (emphasized by the pink marks on the pic) Before, the curve of the rail was pushed/curved in toward the center on the tips and tails, now it gos to the corners. ON ALL BOARDS

The recoil's tip and tail shape changed as well. the corners are squared off and not so rounded

Upload
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-24-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Jeremy, do you work for Slingshot???
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-24-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
No I don't
I guess I just pride myself in knowing about new tech, especially flex tech, especially slingshot ;)

slingshot made my riding experience so much more fun and enjoyable, even at the humble skill-level i find myself at... Though my skillz are nothing to brag about, my love for the sport is near guru level

I don't get to ride wake much so i try to satisfy my cravings by watching and talking wake... but mostly talking... and what better place to find wakeboarding friends and family to chat with then right here on WakeWorld?

Merry Christmas and Good Night.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       12-26-2008, 3:01 AM Reply   
I've ridden it on cable and behind a boat (SAN). I've also ridden the slingshot boards on cable. There is a BIG difference between the 2. Slingshot felt like the whole board flexed and very slippery on the kickers/sliders, while company felt stiffer in the centre section and responded better on ollies. On the sliders the company felt better because of the base material. I'm going to buy 2 of them when they are released commercially in Australia.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-26-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
How was the Company behind the boat ?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
was it the '09 slingshot or the '08/'07 slingshot? I bet there is a Significant difference between the new and old slingshots as well
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
TS, (and anyone else)

Also,
on another thread(s) i posted some differences of the slingshot gear as compared to previous years (As I have come to hear, read, and believe) But i am thinking i might be slightly misunderstood on some (like the EXACT circumstances and measurements for the binding inserts for example). I am hoping I or someone else can post up some 100% confirmed differences later. (i mentioned this on another thread but not here)

------------------------------------------------

I also cant recall if i have heard any EXACT measurement confirmations on the Company gear either. So if anyone can CONFIRM those i am sure that would be great for all of us on W.W. The whole Wake industry is going mad (but leading in a good direction none the less) over binding mounting configurations. ;) I respect all companies in dealing with the present "agony" of dealing with boot mounting.

I did e-mail Humanoid about the "sneak peak" board (a while back) they have pictured on their site and it sounded like the bolts would accommodate 6" plates as well as the larger/wider ones. (i am assuming wider ones will fit WITH adapters... as i believe is the case with all 6" mounted boards?)
Old    wiz            12-26-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
i've got a 07 recoil which i absolutely love. i just bought the #7 company super ltd. its cold & the boat is winterized here in knoxville, but maybe i'll get out in january. i'm dying to see the difference. i'll post soon as i ride it but it may be a while.
Old     (phil_dixon)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-26-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
I just got the #12 Company and i'm gonna go try and ride asap....i'm in south carolina and its cold, but i go to school in miami and will be back there in about a week, and its 80 degrees down there right now....i may go ride tomorrow though because its gonna be 70 in SC
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       12-26-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
On cable there were several of us swapping the board around to have a ride and the general consensus was excitement. It is certainly a board we'd all like to ride, and often.