Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-11-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Anything to watch out for? We haven't bought a car in 7 yrs, although I've wanted to for a long time.

I'm coming out of an F250, so it'll be night an day for me, but I commute about 40 miles r/t in some pretty horrible traffic. So looking for creature comforts, and decent gas mileage (although anything would likely be better than my truck) and reliability.

The CC is on a short list for me. Along w/the Kia Optima. I think the Kia edges out a little on looks, but I was surprised at how expensive they can be w/a few options on them. The CC is the only VW that I like at all.

We have a partner program w/my employer that gets me $500 below invoice and they're offering 0% for 72 months on the '13 CC's...

I've considered other cars like A4, but to get any "extras" I'd be over $40k. That's just too much for me. plus it's hard to compete w/0 for 72. There just aren't really any other "sedans" out there that appeal to me aesthetically. I like the 2013 Ford Fusion, but it's not out yet and when it comes out also won't likely have any financing incentives (since it's a re-designed model for this year...don't care for the 2012's).

any huge red flags with the CC? Looks like I've got the green light from my wife...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
We have a partner program w/my employer that gets me $500 below invoice and they're offering 0% for 72 months
This is a very good deal less any incentives .i.e rebates or financing.

Quote:
I like the 2013 Ford Fusion, but it's not out yet and when it comes out also won't likely have any financing incentives
I think you are spot on here. There is a lot of hype surronding this car so I'm sure at firs we won't be doing a whole lot incentives wise. Plus we still are a ways out from seeing them on the lots.

I'm not a huge VW fan from a reliabilty standpoint but I do think the CC looks like a very nice car. Are they still doing the 2 seat deal in the back?
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-11-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
for 2013 they've turned the rear center console in to a seat (w/a flip down tray), so technically it seats 3 in the back.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-11-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
My Wife's 04' Jetta has over 125K and no problems reliability wise. Did water pump, timing belt, etc. at 100K. Other than that just basic maintenance. It is a noisy car though, could use more sound deadening, but it is an o4'.
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-15-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegermaster View Post
My Wife's 04' Jetta has over 125K and no problems reliability wise. Did water pump, timing belt, etc. at 100K. Other than that just basic maintenance. It is a noisy car though, could use more sound deadening, but it is an o4'.
If you are concerned about out of pocket expenses, i'd consider getting something with a timing chain. A timing belt and new water pump are more in repairs than i've had in total on my car with 235K on it.

water pump, timing belt, etc, i'd be concerned what the etc is. I litterally only did brakes, transmition fluid, plugs/wires, flush radiator, tires, and oil changes until i hit 195K, at which time both the fuel pump, and the head gasket blew at the same time. $1500 in total for both, don't get me wrong, i LOVE the drive of VW, but i'm not so crazy about the cost of ownership on them.

This is not intended to slam the guy who posted this, just pointing out that to me, just a timing belt alone is an expensive expense.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-17-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
I got a pretty sweet deal on a '13 VR6 Lux. It's been a Long time since I've even driven a car. I've been missing out! This thing is a blast.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
I am also selling my F150 to get into a car right now. I considered the CC but i am pretty sure the sunroof doesn't open which I couldn't get past. Ended up going with an Acura TL SH-AWD with a manual tranny. PIcking it up Saturday.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-12-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
^^^Thats why I didnt get the A5 I wanted. have to have opening sunroof
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
Ian, what are you going to pull the boat with? I like the TL a lot. Of all of the cars I have owned, I like the two Acuras I had the best. The CC is a great looking car but the moonroof would have killed me as well. Mine is open 90% of the time the temp is about 55.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
just going to get an under 10k pickup. i keep my boat on a lift most of the year so i barely use the truck for pulling anyway.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-13-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Ian....just build this. I am...!!! 1969 VW Ghia....way more fun than a new one and half the cost!
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Now that's a cool car
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
Not sure about the exhaust tho.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-17-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
The exhaust is different for sure....but I will not have that setup. I like more conventional on my Ghia. Stock Muffler, with twin tips. Anyway its a VW so thought it would be fun to post. Will post mine when I am done with it.