Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (snyderm)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-22-2011, 1:04 PM Reply   
I have read lots of threads where guys have started building a platform out of the trex bnoards. or something simular. but havent seen any finished products.

Has anyone finished this project?

I would like to see pictures. and know if it is sturdy enough, and if you like it.

I dont want to build out of plywood.

My teak one is not solid. I want to build a solid one, and am thinking trex boards would work.
But am not sure. if they will be too flimsey. and need extra bracing.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-24-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
I can't really vouch for actually building a swim platform out of Trex, But I would stay away from the Trex brand itself. They have over 4000 warranty issues to date. I have replaced 6 decks this summer and all were Trex.

As far as building one and would it work? I don't see why not. You would need to find a brand that doesn't have a shaped bottom or holes running through it and use good quality stainless hardware. I would also stick to a light color if possible to keep the heat down. Some of the darker colors can get pretty warm to walk on. Evergrain is pretty popular up here in North Idaho and hold up well to out cold winters and hot summers.

http://www.tamko.com/Decks-Docks-Rai...mpositeDecking
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Ever walk on a Trex deck in the summer? Most wood decks have joists at like every 16". But if you had Trex with joists only 16" apart, the trex would be bouncing around all over, especially in the hot sun.
Plus the swimstep would be heavy as hell.
What boat do you have?