Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
So our new boat check list was long and has been devleoped over years of boat ownership

20-21 with 102" beam check
Sporty Enzo styling check
Pure Vert ballast check
No storage taken with ballast check
More space in the cockpit check
More space in the bow check
Trim tab starts at 100%
down then auto adjusts to
my setting at speed. check
44mph when I am footing check
Great barefoot curl check
Great ride in rough water check
Clean wakeboard wake at 22 check
Rampy wake with pop at the top check
Programmable profiles check
Tower that I can attach a boom check
no side spray when on the boom check

Check check and double check

So I have to say we LOVE this boat!!!
I am sure we will come up with something that we still want in a boat
but at this point I have no idea what it would be

THIS BOAT IS AWSOME!!!

I also have to thank Les Clark for all the help
and Centurion for building our dream boat
Attached Images

Last edited by krbaugh; 09-03-2011 at 2:53 PM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-03-2011, 4:12 PM Reply   
Post up some surf wake pics as soon as you can...I'm sure a lot of people are curious.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
Lets see Skied, barefoot, wakeboar, kneeboard

Dang I knew I forgot something
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Does Centurion have auto tab control now? Awesome
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
yep it is built into pro vision 2 dash
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-03-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
Very nice Kevin. Hope you are getting some hours on it this weekend.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-03-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
Congrats on your boat!

The automatic trim tab sounds great. Do you push a button to deploy it and it automatically comes up once you are up to a user defined speed?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2011, 8:08 PM Reply   
you select your stored profile of speed ballast and trim tab it automatically goes to 100%
fills your ballast to the stored value then you take off and it set yours stored speed and trim tab setting

Thanks Nick got some hours today but tommorow does not look good for the weather and we are planning on a trip to the river
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-03-2011, 10:19 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat, those graphics look good.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2011, 11:32 PM Reply   
Great looking boat but totally inadequate number of pictures! Love to see some pics of the dash with the provision 2 running
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
I promise to get some more pictures
here is a video of the provision dash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4OwarDQCoU
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-04-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Kevin, I really like that boat. the overall lines are great. Does it basically have the same features of the 233 and 244? I was looking at centurion crew last night and like the boats but am not sure about the rear engine compart and lockers. I don't think I liked how they operated too much. Maybe they operate better then I think they would. Someone in one of the threads mentioned no cupholders in teh bow when the fill in cushion is in place. That would annoy me a little I think. One other thing they need to ditch is the closed in seat bases on the enzo's. It looks like they just need to be cutout so the storage is easier to get to. I kind of understand the back corners being solid under the cushion but the new boats have a center walkover so they really should be open. Any reason they close them in? How much weight can you add with the purevert on this boat? How about the 233 and 244? Can you get any of the centurions with the standard analog gauge dash or is the only optiont the vision dash?

Sounds like you are happy and I can see why.

Also, I am guessing you get a smoking deal but can you give us a general idea how much a nicely equipped(343 motor, vision dash, PP, pure vert, trim tab, bimini, racks, base stereo, cover, tandem trailer) 211 will run for? How about the 233 and 244 similarly equipped. If you can get the 211 equipped like that in the 55-60 range before tax I really, really like it. I am liking centurion and MB more and more these days.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
The 211, 233, and 244 are basically the same boat just in different sizes
The rear lockers work great what is it that you don't like
Centurion made a few changes to the boat from input from riders on the crew
They added 2 cup holders above the filler cushion http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...k-on-the-crew/
If you just get the Pure Vert ballast the side seats are open and add a ton of storage for skis, barefoot boom etc
I believe that some of the gas hose vent hose etc come in under the corner back seats
Pure Vert is roughly 1000 lbs 500 on each side
The pro vision is standard on the Enzos and with the added features smart tab, rider profiles, video display option.
The Avalanche and Elite V come with analog gauges and I don't believe the provision
is available as an option
of course all dealers price their boats differently I would think you could get a
211 equipped like you described in the mid to upper 60s
Attached Images

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Some picture from production
Attached Images

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
The weather has not been cooperating but I got some barefoot runs in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2r4n7Bg2U
Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-21-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
table looks clean in that vid!
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-21-2011, 5:55 AM Reply   
nioce!! im a footer as well... seems like we are few and far between these days! Wake looks a tad big for my liking but my guess is it can make a nice wake for boarding as well. NIce boat brother love the color scheme
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-21-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
Holy *****, it sounded like you had the engine at the redline for that run. Another inch or two of pitch on the prop might be usful.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
thanks guys wake is a little big at footin speeds but I dont have a problem
with that so I can foot and wakeboard with the same boat

Engine was not at max rpms as a matter of fact the prop is a bit to big 14X17.75
The new cat PCMs are VEry loud not to mention it is the 450 hp pcm Argh argh
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-21-2011, 6:11 PM Reply   
How do you like footing off the tower? I've never tried it, but I'd think it would help with tumbles.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2011, 8:07 PM Reply   
Tower is great for footing makes the tumbles better and well everything is better with the upward pull
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2011, 8:33 PM Reply   
Kev,

Glad to see ya still kicking it in a Centurion. Man I miss all my demo boats badly. Looks like they are killing it with their designs again. Boggles my mind how they are pretty much non existent on the board and have yet to snatch ups dealer up north here in Il. The 5delerships in 4 yrs killed my favorite boat line up here. Man I miss my Cyclone
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
yep the last couple years for Centurion boats have been great
I loved my Cyclones but this boat has everything the Cyclone was missing and more
This boat is the same length as the Cyclone but has the inrterior space of the 23 foot Enzo!!

All of the Centurions guys left snd went to Centurioncrew.com
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-22-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
Swat, where do you ride in IL?