Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Oh, and you can get a white tower in 2012, which has hinges on the side supports to increase the ease of folding the tower. (99.9% the same tower).
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
Don't you love it when a company cares about the wake/wave performance of their boats, and makes substantive changes that affect those areas, as opposed to simply adding new, uber expensive, pointless options? I sure do.

People at altitude want the boats to plane quicker with the plug n play - Axis does a deal for a factory option OJ prop that increases hole shot and keeps rpms at a reasonable level.
People who slam their boats for surfing want a bigger wave - Bam - Axis re-designes its platforms specifically to address this concern
People want to run 5k ballast in their boats - Axis offers a 450hp bullet proof LS3 big motor option
People want higher end audio components - Axis makes it happen with wetsounds as a factory option
People want their towers to fold easier - Does Axis come out with a new tower that looks like a sex toy that's been put in a trash compactor and then glued to a dirt bike and get rid of their tried and true existing tower option that people LOVE? Nope. Axis simply adds a hinge option to make an existing tower easier to fold without adding much, if any, cost.
People want to put a sub under the driver's seat - Axis redesigns the footwell so that, even if you order the boat with no sub, you can easily put your own 12'' in a space molded for a speaker in the footwell.

Let me tell you what's not in the 2012 Axis Boats - no air conditioning, no gold plated seat hinges, no diamond encrusted billet aluminum air dam door, no saphire crystal cupholders, no valet service, no 50'' plasma display, and no toilet (sorry Lon).

Last edited by chattwake; 08-09-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
Here are some images btw:
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Few more
Attached Images

Old     (Sethjoe)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-09-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Your the man chatt! Now I'm super excited to go to the dealer meeting at the end of the month. I haven't heard about any of the updates yet so now I have even more to look forward to! Please tell me your ordering a 2012 for next year.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Yup! Just got to sell my 2011. (Let me know if you know of anyone looking for a loaded vandal edition A22 with the big motor, z5, wetsounds system and 74 hours on it!)
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-09-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
Damn I want a 2012 Axis now! That cut out of the 12 in the foot well looks damn familiar lol.

Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
For the record saying Mastercraft changed the tower everyone loved is total bs. All I heard about was how much is shook and braces are such a bandaid blah blah blah.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-09-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
My 2012 Centurion Enzo 211 with the 450HP PCM in production
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Chattwake, want to share the vimeo link? I am really looking into a 2012 Axis since SOB got the A20 and highly recommends it.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
a few more pics of the new Moomba:

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-09-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
Hey cwbs4me why don't you post up some pictures of your dock lines we haven't had a chance to check them out yet.x2 for the LOL @ chattwake's post CLASSIC!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdjay View Post
Hey cwbs4me why don't you post up some pictures of your dock lines we haven't had a chance to check them out yet.x2 for the LOL @ chattwake's post CLASSIC!
They aren't 2012 models.Why don't you post up some pictures of your classic SUPREME.Are you ashamed of it.As for Chattwake he chats alot for a guy who stepped down from a Nautique.Or possible was financially unable to keep buying them.I really don't know what your short commings are and don't care,but your jealousy rings clear.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-09-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
If I'm not mistaken Mr chatt is a litigation attorney. Not financially able? Possible, but i doubt it.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Don't you love it when a company cares about the wake/wave performance of their boats, and makes substantive changes that affect those areas,

People who slam their boats for surfing want a bigger wave - Bam - Axis re-designes its platforms specifically to address this concern
That sounds more like putting a bandaid on a design flaw.

Something that should have been ironed out in testing before the boat went into production.

Are there any pics yet of this surf wave that has been massaged by this alleged "wake shaping" swim deck?

p.s. Who is the insecure freak who keeps posting pictures of his Tige and making assumptions about folks who point out his idiocy?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 7:43 PM Reply   
Hahaha. Well Mr. Tigue, i guess you cant take a joke. For what its worth, when I order a new boat every year, I buy what I believe to be the best boat for me (which includes ability to sell the boat quickly and get my money back out of it). Hell yeah, those 230s got so dang expensive that (even though I was getting them at cost) I was concerned about the market for used $85k wakeboats. If I had wanted a 2011 230, I would just have gotten my fourth one in a row, but I was sold on an a22 because it produces my favorite wake and because, due to the bang for the buck factor, there is a much broader resale market for that boat. Just because I can afford to buy something more expensive than what I have doesn't mean doing so is the right thing.

Trust me, I'm not jealous of your boat. If i wanted a boat like yours, id just buy one instead of what I've got.

At the end of the day, I'm happy you like your boat, and you'll notice that I have not said a thing about you posting in the thread dedicated to your boat. I start a thread or two myself every year when I get a new boat so I understand. I was simply poking fun at you because, despite a few members already ribbing you about peppering random threads with pictures of your boat, you continue to do so, which I find somewhat comical.

Last edited by chattwake; 08-09-2011 at 7:53 PM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Cipher,

I posted a pic of the surf wave with the new platform above. That's not my pic, though. I'm picking up my new platform this week and intend to take some of my own pictures. I'll post em up. Yes, I tend to agree with you that the platform thing could have been perfected from the beginning, but the a22 has only been around 3 years, and sometimes it takes a little time to perfect things. I don't know if I'd call it a bandaid, but more of a refinement.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cipher,

I posted a pic of the surf wave with the new platform above. That's not my pic, though. I'm picking up my new platform this week and intend to take some of my own pictures. I'll post em up. Yes, I tend to agree with you that the platform thing could have been perfected from the beginning, but the a22 has only been around 3 years, and sometimes it takes a little time to perfect things. I don't know if I'd call it a bandaid, but more of a refinement.
That wake looks much better with the new platform and those hull badges look like the cat's pajamas...gonna have to order those for sure on my 2011.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2011, 8:28 PM Reply   
Moomba front end = FAIL
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2011, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cipher,

Got it.

My point was other boats started off with "perfected" surf wakes when they were introduced and it didn't take three years to "refine" the surf wake. That's all.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-09-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
So when is the 2012 Axis promo video going to be released Chatt? Thanks by the way.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
Cipher,
Damn. You are always putting people or brands of boats down. What' is the problem dude? You try to act so superior and seem to find your sarcasm and putting people down amusing. It's not. Let people have their own opinions and respect them.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2011, 9:11 PM Reply   
Oh and by the way cipher what kind of perfect boat do you have? Hmmmmm. I guess ab MB. The best boat made! It's a good boat but way down in the food chain.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 9:16 PM Reply   
^^^ I don't have a problem with Cipher's posts. A little tension on the forum is a good thing... keeps us all honest.

There are many other things in this thread more disturbing than Cipher's banter.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakintime View Post
Cipher,
Damn. You are always putting people or brands of boats down.
You're either lying or you have severe reading comprehension issues.

Which one is it?

p.s. What brands of boats have I put down? Why do you have issues with folks discussing boat designs, on a DISCUSSION forum?

Quote:
What' is the problem dude?
No problem, unless you count sore sides from laughing at your silly post a problem.

Quote:
You try to act so superior and seem to find your sarcasm and putting people down amusing. It's not. Let people have their own opinions and respect them.
Your fragile, insecure nature is noted, and laughed at!

I'm not going to change just to prevent you from getting butt hurt.

Catch a clue and lighten up Francis...
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-09-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
More cowbell.

Chatt you slay me LOL....... Cowbell on!!
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
Sorry. I just have problems with bully's. Like my mama always says "if you can't say something nice just don't say anything". Have a good evening DBC. You are a class act and I enjoy reading what you have to say.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh and by the way cipher what kind of perfect boat do you have? Hmmmmm. I guess ab MB. The best boat made! It's a good boat but way down in the food chain.
More silliness.

I have never claimed that MB is the best boat made. That's just more idiocy that you're making up (a straw man argument, solace for the weak-minded).

What you fail to understand is that normal people don't have their self-worth tied up in where they imagine their boat falls within the "food chain," as your post seems to indicate you do.

I've enjoyed every boat that I own, regardless of cost. They're simply toys, not some kind of validation of someone's "status," as you seem to think.

Your comments are just as retarded as the Tige freak's comments about chattwake "stepping down," "not being able to afford" other boats, etc.

Might I suggest an 1100 GPH Tsunami pump to wash the sand out of your vagina?

Last edited by Cipher; 08-09-2011 at 9:36 PM. Reason: laughing too hard, forgot the h in wash
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-09-2011, 9:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
more silliness.

I have never claimed that mb is the best boat made. That's just more idiocy that you're making up (a straw man argument, solace for the weak-minded).

What you fail to understand is that normal people don't have their self-worth tied up in where they imagine their boat falls within the "food chain," as your post seems to indicate you do.

I've enjoyed every boat that i own, regardless of cost. They're simply toys, not some kind of validation of someone's "status," as you seem to think.

your comments are just as retarded as the tige freak's comments about chattwake "stepping down," "not being able to afford" other boats, etc.might i suggest an 1100 gph tsunami pump to wash the sand out of your vagina?
Hahahahaha!!!!
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
Cipher,
You are just so witty. And smart and superior. And you've found out my darkest secret! I'm insecure and fragile. Guess I'll have to call it a night cuz my butt is hurt. You never did confirm what boat you have. Have a wonderful evening you witty smart and superior person. LOL
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cipher,
You are just so witty. And smart and superior. And you've found out my darkest secret! I'm insecure and fragile. Guess I'll have to call it a night cuz my butt is hurt. You never did confirm what boat you have. Have a wonderful evening you witty smart and superior person. LOL
So sorry fragile child. It's not a darkest secret. It's plain to see and you only have yourself to blame for that. If you didn't post such silliness, people wouldn't have the proof that you've provided.

FWIW, I have a 2011 B52 TWB 23 that I never claimed was perfect. We do have a bunch of fun on it though.

What is interesting is that you have a habit of responding to my posts with idiotic, extremely clueless, fantasies (https://www.wakeworld.com/forum/show....php?p=1689216)

I suggest seeing a doctor if that Tsunami doesn't clear up your condition!
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-09-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
Facts are facts. You generally are negative. Retarded? Wow. You sound like a silly little boy. Don't you know it's mentally challenged. Oh by the way, could you send me a douche to get that sand out of my ass? Oh wait! You said vagina. I don't have that kind of equipment. It appears that you believe anyone that thinks you are a arrogant, negative human being must be a girl! Why is that? Are they inferior? Oh you don't have to send a douche. I'll just see if my wife has one or I will run out and buy one. I am so silly. By the way you are truly insensitive by using retarded. I have a nephew who is mentally challenged but is still wiser and kinder than you. Have a GREAT evening!
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2011, 10:24 PM Reply   
Man I feel like we are all at the bike racks after school about to watch a beat down....Kick his ass C-Bass!!!

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-10-2011, 4:00 AM Reply   
What is going on under the rear seat in the Mojo... looks like a void in the fiberglass, what is the purpose of the "shelf" under the rear seat?
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-10-2011, 4:01 AM Reply   
I have to add that I dig the lines of the new Mojo. Nice looking boat IMO.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-10-2011, 4:09 AM Reply   
I bet that shell is a removable access hatch like what the a22 has, and can be used as a step when the rear seat is removed. I agree that it looks unfinished.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
What is going on under the rear seat in the Mojo... looks like a void in the fiberglass, what is the purpose of the "shelf" under the rear seat?
Older XLVs had a similar gap where a cooler would fit or the seat would remove to make legroom (but it ran parallell with the boat on the passanger side - doesn't make sense on the new placement) ... maybe the same thing? Otherwise I don't know
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-10-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
Axis might be listening to the riders, but there goes your sub $50k price point boat.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-10-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
man I cant wait to see pictures of the new axis surf wake!! This might be my boat!!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-10-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
and I thought by clicking this thread I would see some new 2012's......it should be titled..... Bitch Fest
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
and I thought by clicking this thread I would see some new 2012's......it should be titled..... Bitch Fest
Pages 1 and 2 my friend.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
I don't think you are going to see anything epic out of the AXIS from a surf wake standpoint. The wakeboard wake is really nice though, wakesurf wake will be marginal but surfable.
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-10-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
From my "source"- I believe it needs to be stressed that it is still in prototype. From what I was told, the dash is not finished and the final length has not even been settled on, although it is going to be around 22 feet. The hull is modeled after the old 2004 (I believe) Supra that had that unbelievable boarding wake. Difference is this one is supposed to offer a disgusting surf wake.

Not coming from me, but a guy that has ridden in it.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2011, 5:40 PM Reply   
I really like the new Moomba Mojo, but the rear seats look a little too square and firm... Perhaps they are comfortable, they just don't look like it from the pics.
Old     (wake4life6)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-10-2011, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yup! Just got to sell my 2011. (Let me know if you know of anyone looking for a loaded vandal edition A22 with the big motor, z5, wetsounds system and 74 hours on it!)
how much?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-11-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
Probably 56k, but I can drop that price is you want me to take off the z5 and put the stereo back to stock.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-11-2011, 5:10 AM Reply   
Chatt, interested to know what color/ colors your going with this next year? All white with the new white tower?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-11-2011, 5:35 AM Reply   
Chase, I'm leaning heavily that way You know me too well.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-11-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Sick as always. RGB LED this year?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Saw this plate and thought about you Moomba guys this weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey Chattwake...do you know if the new surf platform for the a22 will fit a 2011? would be nice to switch it out if it is....
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-15-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Chattwake makes me want to buy an Axis...with all 8 dollars in my wallet.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Meghan, Yes, it will. I can do a writup of the install of mine. I'll try to get that done this weekend. No price has been released yet for the platform, but I have emailed my dealer about it and as soon as I get a quote, I'll send out a mass pm to everyone who's contacted me about it.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
Thank you! we are super interested in that and the hard sided cooler insert that is being added to the 2012's. its the only two things in our 2011 I would change at this point so it is great to see they already have it ready for 2012.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Chattwake makes me want to buy an Axis...with all 8 dollars in my wallet.
+1
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-15-2011, 8:29 PM Reply   
Jake, you are right about tue wakeboarding wake, mine is rad... as far as the surf wake, i do not know, i dont surf or care to, i love the huge swim platform and do not like the new one on the 2012s that are supposed to help the surf wave be better... with that said, there is a photo of chattwakes goofy surf wave behind his 2011 a22 that is pretty epic. I think its on 2 different threads, possibly in the a20 vs f21 thread or in the moombas guys axis write up.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       08-16-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
holly crap this thread made me laugh several times. not even close to the Lon thread but still pretty good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM

Relevant to the topic I wanted to post the link to the new tige z3 looks pretty sweet imo.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=15900&page=2
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
looks as though the 2012 Axis boats are starting to arrive:

http://www.boulderboats.com/pre_owne...h=2277485&nv=y
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-17-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Anyone else notice the different wedge on the white A22 in the boulder boats link above?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
What looks different about it to you?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
Chat, if you put in the plug & play ballast in the Axis, does it pretty much use up all of the storage space?

I like that they modified the platform for a better surf wake, but I gotta say I'm not a big fan of the speakers in the middle of the rear seat, and while I like the tricked out trailer option, I'm not a fan of the rockstar wheels. Considering looking at an Axis closer for the next boat...I hang on to mine for a long time, and I doubt the rockstars will age well...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-17-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
Buy my 2011 then! My speakers are not in the middle in the rear and I don't have rockstars! haha
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
probably will look at an '11, but I've still got a bit of time before I step up, plus I can't do an all black boat...otherwise yours would be exactly what i'd be looking for.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-17-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
Looks Looks like a different pitch to me..maybe I just haven't ever .noticed
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-18-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
Heres an idea,how bout the powers that be dedicate a forum to hating/bitching so we dont't get ambushed while reading a thread by this juvenile behavior.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-14-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrent View Post
here is a better look of the new bu
anybody know what a new 22MXZ pricing is? Love that boat. May have to be my next ride!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-14-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
6 figures, i believe i heard anywhere from 105-115? Don't quote me but that seems to be what I remembered.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Slightly above an LSV. Do not think it is in the 6 figures.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-14-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
the MOJO needs more cup holders in the front