Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (cmsuwrestler157)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
I own a 05' Mobius XLV gravity games edition with stock ballast (1950 lbs). I am currently using a 65' rope but want to move up to a 75' rope. I've tried it before but the wake isn't very big that far back. Do you have any suggestions? Do I just need to add more weight to the boat, and if so how would you set up the ballast in this boat for the best wake?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-08-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
speed up
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
that boat definitely has a big wake that far back. are you saying it is not big or it is washed out? if it is washed out you should speed up and make sure your weight is balanced in your boat. you will have no prob riding that wake at 70'-75' and the wake should actually be bigger there. also how are you weighted and where is your wake plate?
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-08-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
we ride on my buddy's gravity games edition at 25mph with ballast evenly weighted and the wake plate half way. However, we still need to ride at 70 because it washes a little. But the wake is NICE tho...
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-08-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm with Keith. my friend has the same boat. 25MPH at 70-75', wake plate in the middle = sweet wake.