Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-25-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
How is Cumberland lake late in the season? i live in Erie, PA and im looking to gat a few more weeks out of my season. we were out on lake Erie last week and water temps we 64* and air temps were 60*. anyone know what water temps, water levels are like in cumberland?
i have been to norris lake and love it but looking to cut a couple hours out of the drive.
also good places to stay around cumberland?
thanks
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-25-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
Rusty,
Try VRBO and you will be able to find a ton of great houses to stay that are close to the lake. As of today the water temps are 74 degrees. Lake level might be up a little due to the rain but that will not be that big of an issue. Hope this helps
chris
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-25-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
Current water temp is 74. You can check it daily on the front page of this website: www.lakecumberland.com. This is the best time of year on the lake in my opinion.

If I were you I would check into renting one of the "boatels" at State Dock. They are houseboats that you just rent but just dont leave the dock. Its cheaper that way and if you have a few in your group, it can be cheaper than a hotel room. I think you have to call and ask, its not mentioned on the website.

If you have room for another rider send me a message
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2011, 1:30 PM Reply   
Both Cumberland and Dale Hollow at this time are pretty solid. Sticks and what not have been an issue for us at cumberland this time of year, not sure how it looks tho.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-26-2011, 4:09 AM Reply   
Is it easy to find flat water on Cumberland? Seems like the lake is so big that It would get blown out easily and be pretty choppy. Where are some good places to go on Cumberland? I go o green river lake an I am always looking for new spot to ride
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-26-2011, 5:25 AM Reply   
im only going down for a long weekend. leave friday morning should get there around 1pm. head home sunday afternoon. i was thinking of putting in at Burnside, it will be the closest for me. is this a good place to ride.
every time i have been to Norris lake it is like glass the whole time im there. i am hoping Cumberland will be the same. thanks for the info
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-26-2011, 5:34 AM Reply   
Kacy, It is pretty easy to find good water almost any time due to the topography of the lake. If it is windy you can usually find a cove whos cliffs and trees block the wind. On the east end, white oak creek, faubush creek, fishing creek and North fork are all pretty good. If you head west, Beaver and Otter creeks are both solid choices.

Rusty, If you put in at Burnside and go up the North Fork past the power plant you will find plenty of butter especially in the morning and evening, but this late in the season it should be nice all day long. If you have time, tow it down to Conley Bottom and check out the middle/west end of the lake. It opens up quite a bit down there. Let me know if you need anything.