Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-15-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
I have a 07 tundra and thinking about an 08 sierra denali. Whats the better truck? The tundra gets a little rough on a concrete freeway, not on the asphalt.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-15-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
I would think the '08 Sierra Denali would be a nice upgrade over the Tunda. The Denali has the 6.2L engine, 6-speed transmission, it's AWD, and most of them are fully loaded with leather, moonroof, nav, etc.

I will say this... if you push your budget up a bit to get an '09 Denali you'll get factory bluetooth.

Old     (Bigstic)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
It is an upgrade in engine and transmission and possibly some luxury items. However, if its a concrete highway with bad expansion joints, I doubt the ride quality would be much smoother. Take it for a test drive and see.

Personally I would upgrade because the 6.2 and 6 speed transmission is about the best pickup combo out right now for daily driving duties.
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-15-2011, 10:08 PM Reply   
i do have leather, navigation, back up camera, 6 speed tranny, just trying to see what is the best between the two.
Old     (txmxer)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-15-2011, 10:34 PM Reply   
As others have said the Sierra Denalis have the bigger motors. Ive heard alot of good things about the new 6.2 motor. I heard its pretty quick and tows well. I cant say anything about the tundra, but I have an 05 Sierra Denali and I love the truck. Its insanely comfortable and I have the 6.0 motor but it from the little bit ive towed with it so far it does a great job. We have an 05 tacoma also and I hate to say it but imo the build quality on the Sierra is a bit better than toyotas, at least as far as interiors go.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2011, 5:09 AM Reply   
That 6.2/AWD/6-speed is the same combo as the 07+ Escalade EXT, another vehicle worth looking at.
Old     (SaidaInc)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-16-2011, 5:15 AM Reply   
My 08 Tundra was amazing, had it for 3 years and never so much needed to see the dealer about anything except an oil change. Ive talked to dozens of other Tundra owners who can attest the same. The quality, fit and finish is outstanding not to mention the 381 horsepower 5.7L V8
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-16-2011, 6:09 AM Reply   
I would also say look at the escalde EXT. for roughly the same price, you get a little more attention to detail in the interior, and IMO the styling inside is much better.
Old     (jcurtis)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-16-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
thanks Guys, I had an 03 denali SUV for years and it was great! so this is a tough decision, I thought the tundra would ride a little better and have more interior room. It certainly doesn't lack any power with the boat in tow...