Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
While surfing the other day I had 2 jet ski's following me everywhere I went and jumping my wave. I don't mind if they do this, but please don't get too close while my rider is in the water. Well he finally couldn't help himself and jumped the wake right behind my rider, prob was 10-15 feet behind her. Gave him a gesture and yelled get the "F" away from me!
A bit later they showed up again, and not to jump my wake but to try and spray me with water. He was coming straight at me then power turned at me and sent his spray my way, then raced off!

Whats with these fools! He's lucky I didn't see him at the ramp. I would be in jail right now for assault charges!!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-08-2012, 5:47 PM Reply   
don't take the law in your own hands. Take pictures movies, get boat numbers and send them to the local authorities.
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-08-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Judging how u said ur rider was a her. An ur standing up for her so much. Ima guess that's ur chick. Cause if it was ur homie u woulda laughed an probly not felt pissed enough to write about it online haha
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Ya, I’m a little more protective of my wife/chica! If it was my Homie, he would have wanted to kick dudes a$$, and i would have been laughing while he did it!
Old     (jordanleininger21)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-08-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Hate jet ski's unless they are pulling me for a rail set.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-09-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
No "haha" about it dude, when you're at the helm you are responsible for the safety of your rider. It doesn't matter if it's "ur chick" or "ur homie". Anyone coming that close to a rider has the potential if they were to fall to cause serious injury or death and if that's not blatantly obvious then you probably shouldn't be at the helm any more than those pricks should be allowed to ride their jetski.

Agree take video and submit it with a complaint at a minimum.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-09-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
Wakeboarders hate Wakesurfers
Wakesurfers hate Jetskiers
Jetskiers hate Fishermen
Fishermen hate everyone....

Ah, as the lake turns....

If your wave was bigger maybe they would be further back... J/K

Last edited by BenHolloway; 10-09-2012 at 8:21 AM. Reason: add more
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-09-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
I think slalom skiers hate everyone also! I hate fisherman! They always set right up in the middle of your lines on the non windy side of the lake and throw their arms up at you like the entire lake is theirs! That and they buzz all over the lake every which way at 7am causing chop all over!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Don't know if I can get it any bigger! My rub rail is already 4in under water LOL!
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-09-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
I work with a couple of hard core tournament fisherman.
My uncle is a big slalom guy.
I surf and board.
The very common denominator is we all hate lake lice.
I could go on and on with different stories with them. But like said before video and police do help.
But that doesn't always do much.

It is kind of fun to play chase the pwc after your done boarding and your boat is empty and light.
It's surprising how agile and quick are propped out boats are when they're empty. It scares the **** out of the jet ski's.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-09-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
coming from someone who rides skis alot and surfs, I think it has to with the personality. I dont mind most people, if you dont have a rider and your making a rollers im gonna play on them will I follow you? probaly not... but if Im 100 feet back and your still being an ass, as in trying to turn around and run me over or following close behind me to "scare" me then it just aint cool. The only real problem I have is with ramp cloggers and thats a take all kinds sort of issue, although Malibu owners and the wind driven types seem to be the worst. I can launch 3 skis be parked and back on the water faster than some of these guys can get down the ramp. Thats why prefer the quiet places I guess.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
Most of the time they do follow me all over the lake. My wave is huge, and I almost don’t blame them from wanting to take a shot at it. Like I said before, just do it a ways back so that your not endangering anyone, and its all cool! I spend less then 3.5 min at the ramp, unloading and loading combined. Jet skis on our lake clog the ramp constantley! most of the time just tryin to back up the trailer. Iwish they were all as fast as you B!
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-09-2012, 9:50 PM Reply   
I would say ramp clogging is an Oregon think, but we say it in shasta too, Skis are cheap so its usally a "1st boat" and these people just dont know ****, there should be a section in the boaters course about whole ramp process. but instead we all just have to teach them...
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-10-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
Holidays at the ramps can be a blast for entertainment purposes.
The best one was when we saw my fiances ex bf was having hell on the ramp and as soon as my boat hit the water it was a nice fluid motion the boat came of truck went up and was launched in under a minute. She stood up and asked him if he needed her upgraded guy to teach him how to handle a boat.
Old     (surferman85)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-17-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
It's all about respect. Def. not siding with the lake lice here but I love Slalom skiing, Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing, Jet skiing and yes even fishing. You came across a couple of bad jet skiers. As a Boater I often will slow my boat down (if not pulling a skier) and invite some jet skiers in for some air time, but i just hate the ones who try to jump my wakes while I'm pulling a skier. As a jet skier I will always jump your wake once (at a safe distance and never when your pulling anyone) as we pass. We really appreciate those that invite us back for more. I believe the law sez we gotta be 200' away now.