Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    wakeboard4568            09-03-2003, 2:31 PM Reply   
Hi I cant afford a tower..but I need something of ths sort..I have a typical looking boat its a 18' Larson...SO i dunno if a pole would actually go in there...couldnt they drill a hole for it or sumthin? Im a total moron when it comes to this part of wake, so give me your thoughts.

thanks, elisabeth
Old    leggester            09-03-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
1. You'll need to mount a base plate. I'd also suggest glassing in a plate to mount the base plate on. e.g. a 12"x12" glassed in re-inforcement plate that the pylon's base plate screws into.

2.You'll need two side mount points for the side braces.

Let's try a picture ( also www.overtons.com and search for pylon )

pylon
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-03-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
try barewest.com if they are still around. skylon used to make it also. they are called the pod and have a mountable baseplate.
Old    wakeboard4568            09-03-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Thanks so much. Il have to show my dad this later...maybe we'll end up getting it

elisabeth
Old    wakeboard4568            09-03-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
In that picture u posted, would that work on an i/o...i onyl ask cause our seat is back there right after the pole so wouldnt the rope block the seat from opening? cause under the seat is the motor and storage...

Old     (snwbrder)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-03-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
Elisabeth,

I have a joystick roll bar with two racks if your interested. The only thing is, is I don't have the mounts, if you know someone in a machine shop I think it would be fairly easy. 150.00 For all.

that is sik cheap\

Peace
Troy
Old    wakeboard4568            09-05-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
Im gonna sound liek a moron but what is a roll bar?..All i know is that it sounds like a good price so i was wodnering...
elisabeth
Old    wakeboard4568            09-05-2003, 3:44 PM Reply   
OHHH OK....WOW Why so cheap for all that?? I was talking to my dad about it, and he wants to know how tall and wide it is..cause we keep our boat in our garage.

Elisabeth
Old     (snwbrder)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-05-2003, 3:50 PM Reply   
Elisabeth,

You can check out http://joystickpylons.com to see what mounts you will need. As far as the height it is easily removed from the boat. The width is done by taking a drill and drilling the center bar to the width of your boat. It really is very simple.
Old    wakeboard4568            09-05-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
Troy, Hi I showed my Dad everything and I showed him the site. Tomorrow we are gonna take our boat up to this local shop and we're gonna ask em if it will work. I printed out the roll bars pic and everything to show them also. Ill let you know by tomorrow if it is gonna work.

Thanks a bunch,
Elisabeth

Oh ya, why are u getting rid of it?
Old    ricktrav            09-05-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
hey elisabeth if you decide to get the joystick I can get the mounts for you I'm friends with the owner and if they have any blems I can get them for free. you pay the shipping and it's all good.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
if you dont decide to go with the roll bar and go for the pylon, go with big air pylons, they are pretty cheap and universal for all boats. i have one it works great but its not a tower, heres some pics of my boat.

Old    wakeboard4568            09-06-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
TROY...Check your email.

elisabeth
Old    wakebordchick            09-06-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
my dad made a pylon for our boat... if u want ne info e-mail me at wakeboardchick15@yahoo.com we didnt have to drill ne holes in the boat or nething....
Old    wakeboard4568            09-07-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
OK thanks..Im keeping all this stuff in mind.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-07-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
For $150 definitely go Roll Bar especially if Richard will hook you up with the mounts for free or cheap! It will free up a lot more space than a universal Pylon.

I have the Skylon Pod (Paid like $300 or so?) and it is killer, but it definitely takes up space and the side support poles really get in the way.

Check it out.
My Boat w/ Skylon Pod

By the way...My boat is for sale...If anyone is interested, e-mail me!
Old    wakeboard4568            09-07-2003, 3:09 PM Reply   
RICHARD....How much for the mounts??
Old    wakeboard4568            09-08-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
bueller? anyone anyone?
Old    wakeboard4568            09-21-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
TROY...Did you happen to change your email? I tried to email you the otehr day about the guy w/ w/ the mounts but the email came back to me...Let me know. Im supposed to get the mounts by the end of this month...

elisabeth
Old     (snwbrder)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-22-2003, 6:20 AM Reply   
Elisabeth,

It was down, but it is back up now.

Troy