Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
What are y'all using for pano's on the ol Mac? The assembler in CS3 is reasonable, but has some trouble with some of my handhelp panos. It works great when I set up the camera on a pano head; however, when I try to put together some of the complex hand held pano's it has a little trouble.

I found a pretty good one PanoVue assembler but it does not look like it works on Mac. What makes all the difference is the ability to use up to 6 flags to link the different images together. Anyways, anyone know of a good Mac pano program?

LAter

Bakes

Here is one I took today (It needs a little PP love but my CS3 is back at home)

Upload

here is one I took a couple of months ago but was unable to stitch with CS3. It went together reasonably well with PanaVue

Upload
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-04-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
I never use anything other than Photoshop. I feel I have more control by manually editing the layers, opacity and tools such as clone,masks etc. rather than using some type of stitch program.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-04-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
AutoPanoPro does a better job with blending then CS3, it's about the best 1 click assembler I've tried to date.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Here is a panovue stitch job
Upload

Here is a CS3 stitch job
Upload

I think I am going to try Real Viz. It is supposed to be sweet.

(Message edited by Bakes5 on December 05, 2007)
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-05-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
I know CS3 doesn't blend as well as the rest but are you sure you had the blending mode selected when you ran that one?

That's about the worst job I've seen.

Even the panovue one isn't that great. Looks to be a tough stitch with the variation in the sky and the shadow on the wall.

Looks like panovue does a better job correcting parallex then cs3 as well (another thing APP does better then CS3 as well.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-06-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
Here is one I did in Photoshop 7.Upload
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
I doubt I had any blending on when I "slapped" that one together in CS3. Truth be told though, it would be tough with any application as the wall was actually a circular monument and I just hand held a POS casio exlim camera.

Here is a pic of what the wall looked like
Upload

CS3 is capable of some fairly reasonable stitches though. I used CS for this one and it turned out fine (Hand held, 3 photos, D200)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2354/1536719412_6a3e1e9979_o.jpg

Upload