Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-04-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Anyone out there have a SV211. What is the wake like for wakeboarding. How does it handle and what are the pros and cons of the Boat. Thanks in advance
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
I don't own a SV211 but set one up for two tournaments in back to back weekends. First off its a very nice boat, drives pretty well and the interior layout is great. The stock wake is pretty good and when you add 200 pounds to the rear is responds pretty well. For the open riders we needed more wake and added about 1000-1200 pounds over stock, 1/3 front 2/3 back but the wake didn't really kick on as much as most other boats I have setup. I liked the wake setup like this for shape and was fairly meaty but in size terms it was smaller that what I am used to. It also took quite a while to plane up, the PP started to stuggle to keep consistant speed and it started to drive like a pig, some of those issues could be fixed with a better prop. No disrespect intended to SV211 owners, it is overall a good crossover boat but if you are looking for a boat that will produce a silly big wake there are better options IMO.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
EGJ,

There are a couple of us with 211's that go to McClure often, you are welcome to come try my wake once it warms up. Send me a PM if you want to set something up for the future.

It's great to see an honest post from a competitive rider about my wake, thanks Darren. I agree with the handling when overloaded. Before re-propping the boat it was pretty slow out of the hole when heavily loaded, after re-propping it is a little better. My buddies big block X-star does much better when heavily loaded.

On the other hand I still ski, most of my friends don't go huge and the wake suits our needs quite well for whatever we choose to do behind the boat. It responds very well to weight enough to produce more wake than I need. The pass through is great, the storage under the seat is great.

It does not handle like a direct drive but it handles a little better than most other V-drives that I drive. I ski in some pretty tight quarters and make turnarounds without dropping.

If you have any other questions or want to come check out my boat send me a PM, I am local.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
the 211 is pretty weight sensitive... if you are slow out of the hole, then you have a smige too much weight in the back.. another tip is to only run the belly 1/2 to 2/3 full - this will add more peak to the wake..

the wake is very good when dialed in, but not like a sacked out 210... it is a bit more on the mellow side but still with the nautie kick..

btw, the 211 is a awesome surf machine when dialed in...
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-05-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Everything Mike & Caddy said. I've added about 900lb total and placement is everything. Since I don't Barefooter I re-proped to a ACME 1234 which tops me @ 40mph. Planing is no problem with 5-6 ppl and the 900lbs (Excalibur). Also a smaller adjust to the kdw & nn PP settings will smooth the throttle out. Great all around boat.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-05-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
the acme 1234 is awesome !!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Did I have my weight placement right? It seemed strange to put that much weight in the back of a nautique but all my reading suggested it was the go.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-05-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I added 2 custom 250lb sacs over each tank in the rear and have 2 75+lb steel blocks under the seat in front of the engine with another 3 75lb-ish steel blocks in the walkway under the middle bow cushion and all the stock tanks full. Wake is meaty with a lip at the top (not as much of a lip/vert as a 210 but close). More weight will not make it that much bigger or vert. 1K extra is about all you need.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-05-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Darren,

The 211 is designed with the slalom skier in mind, I have found it needs more weight in the back than a VLX or X-Star. A near-pro level rider buddy likes the weight about 25/75% front/back, but I have never run close to the weight levels you guys are talking about. Early on I discovered that filling the belly tank did more harm to the wake than good, I typically run it at 1/2 to 2/3rds full.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Thanks guys
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-05-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have run the following set up and have had great results. V-drive bags on top of the rear tanks, 80#'s in the cooler behind driver and also on the passenger side. and the ski locker bag along with factory belly ballast. We dial in the front ballast to have the boat just past porpusing (sp). I have found this to be a great set-up. All the weight is about 1900#. I am planning on having a custom sac built for the passenger compartment to aid in port side surfing.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-05-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
jeff brings up a great point...the magic weight ratio seems to so the boat doesn't porpise...
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-05-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
ditto
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-05-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
One more thing... Use the wakegate to help it get out of the hole when it's loaded. It also helps to control the wake curl when surfing. Just don't expect it to increase or decrease the wake size, it just shapes the wake.
Old    dabigkahuna            03-06-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 SV-211 TE and I am very happy with the wake, ride, layout, etc. The weight distribution is more Stern-Heavy than most other boats, but that's not really a big deal. I got the 6.0L so power isn't really a problem. After you dial in the weight and passengers, the wake is pretty damn sick. Not a classic 210 wake though, thank God! I am way to old for that type of wake, I need something with more transition and next to no trough. My buddy has an '06 220, and I think the wakes are VERY similar. If anything, my 211 wake seems to be a bit cleaner than the 220 (the 220 seem s to wash out a bit, at least that's what I have experienced). All in all, a great boat, and am very happy with the boat itself.