Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-26-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
It’s official!!

Active Water Sports is excited to announce the addition of Malibu Boats to our product offerings. While we remain 100% committed to Supra, Moomba and MB Sports boats, having the opportunity to represent a line with the history of Malibu was something we just couldn’t pass up. A big thanks to Mark Gibbs from Malibu boats for his dedication to the line and his hard work.

Thank you for all the encouraging words leading up to this official announcement, we hope to maintain our high levels of customer satisfaction and will work very hard to address any outstanding service issues that are being experienced by local Malibu owners.

We look forward to meeting all the existing Malibu owners and the owners to be as well. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.

Matt Radich
General Manager
Active Water Sports

Contact Info:

Matt Radich, GM: 503-650-5991, matt@activeh2o.com
Gerry Oppliger, Sales Manager: 503-650-5991, gerry@activeh2o.com
Matt Veselik, Service Manager: 503-650-5990, mattv@activeh2o.com
Old    pdxWAKE.com            06-26-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Congratulations AWS. This is great for AWS and for Malibu. I have worked with them on multiple Supras in the past and they are very stand up. Congrats to you guys and I am sure the local Malibu owners are jumping for joy right now.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
so whats happening with bridge city?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-26-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Gerry, Matt R., Matt V., and of course Warren -- a huge congratulations to you all!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-26-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
damn! that's a lot of brands under one roof!!! congrats!
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Nice job AWS.

That is good news for us Malibu Owners.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-26-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
I like Malibu's, but I never considered them before because of the old dealer. Congrats AWS! Nice guys finish first!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Doesn't this post belong in the Wakesurf forum?
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
A dealership picking up the Malibu boat line belongs not in the Boat section but rather in the Wakesurf forum?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-26-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
From the Wakesurf Forum
"Hate to put this back up, but...

I don't know why this only applies the Wakesurfing section, but it looks like I need to reiterate that we have rules against advertising on the WakeWorld Discussion Board. Advertising includes the posting of anything contributed by a person affiliated with a company (owners, employees, reps, riders, friends, etc.) with the sole intent to promote a company's products, events, web pages, etc. The only exception is that you are free to post event announcements in the Wake Events section.

If some of the companies on here put as much effort into promoting their products legitimately as they put into finding ways to "creatively" advertise for free on the WakeWorld discussion board, they might be able to sell more product! Sorry to sound bitter, but I'm really getting tired of deleting or re-categorizing posts and explaining our policy over and over again. This discussion board is for wakesurfers to discuss wakesurfing. If you wouldn't be on this discussion board if you didn't have something to promote, then you're probably in the wrong place.

Please respect the spirit of the rules and the members that are here to enjoy the wakesurf discussions without having to wade through postings with ulterior motives. Thanks."
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
It's just an announcement, i didn't hear a pitch for anything for sale.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-26-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
I don't think show knows the context of the situation... Definitely an announcement (and probably a welcomed one for bu owners in pdx)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-27-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
Hmmmm.... Rules seem to be different on this page
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Whoaaaa, did Mark leave Tige? Or is that a diff Mark Gibbs?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-27-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
Mark Gibbs is the NW sales manager for Malibu.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
When you consider that Malibu is the Official Boat Sponsor of WakeWorld and pays handsomely to advertise on it's pages, one comes to the conclusion that this post isn't "creative" advertising.

Show, did you do some free advertising and get slapped on the wrist? Rules are the same, you pay, you play; otherwise go troll somewhere else!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-28-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
What would I advertise? Wake events run by a non-profit?
Old    jayp            06-29-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Active Watersports is an outstanding company. Definately good news for Malibu owners in the Portland area.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       06-29-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
There are two Mark Gibbs, one works for Tige and the other for Malibu,I called my rep today to confirm this.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-29-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
bigshow go take some happy pills or something.