Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (jacob23)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-16-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
does anybody know about lake Almanore and whats the weather like up there. i heard that there is alot of debree in the water is that true
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
The weather is good between 89-97 durring the summer and not much debree in the water. the only thing is it gets hella windy at that place so you have to get up early to ride and be ready to be done riding by 12 some times 2 I have only had about 7 or 8 day that you could ride all day in the 10-12 years I have been going
Old     (jacob23)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-16-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
damn, that sucks
Old     (jacob23)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-16-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
oh and thanks
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
I knew Gary would chime in on this one! And you love this lake so much because? Thats right because its the one boating trip a year where I don't go! lol
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
My family went to Almanor for many, many years from the mid-80's to early 2000's. Great overall lake for family fun...water, golf, trees, clean air, etc., though not the best for riding in retrospect. Almanor is a typical mountain lake. Super butter in the morning and windy in the afternoon. It is also basically open with no coves so it gets fairly rolly. Water can also be a bit chilly. Cold overnight, but the air warms up fast in the morning. Debris is not a concern, but the lake is man-made and there are areas where the lake is shallow. Water level is also a concern in drought years. Worth checking out for all around fun, though there are better lakes for riding around.
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
This is true better lakes for riding but you gotta love Lake Almanor I have had days were it was good and there was only one other boat on the water. Clear water you can see the bottom from like 40 ft. west shore is very shallow north shore extreamly shallow goose bay is the place to ride all day but getting there when its windy is like deadliest catch some times .

(Message edited by gwperry2 on June 16, 2009)
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-16-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have been going there for 20 years with my family. It is such a cool lake and there is lots of outdoor stuff to do around the area. It is usually windy in the afternoons but we have also had good luck there as well. Last year there were big fires up there and the water was butter for the whole week we were there and everyone stayed away with the smoke in the air!!! Goose bay is definately where the best water will be. I will be there from August 8-15 if anyone wants to ride!!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-17-2009, 12:37 AM Reply   
I've got a house up there. The week after memorial weekend the lake was glass ALL day and there was not another boat on the water. We rode all day for 3 days straight, the best I have seen the water in the past 7 year. Weather was great, debris is very minimal.