Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    xtremebordgurl            10-27-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
what does it say on the bottom of the 07 murray boards? I haven't seen any pics that clearly show the txt. On the Hype site they have the top graphic laid over the bottom so you can't see the whole bottom of the board, the only place where I can see the entire bottom of the board is here in the wakeworld board reviews but the text is too small to read. Curious what it says. If anyone knows post the text if you can. Thanx a ton.
Old     (btr1)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-27-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
Try this link, you can zoom in on the picture: http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/hyperlite_murray_wakeboards_07
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
the quote on the 138 is great
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-27-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
got to admit, I like to looks of thoes murries.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
When I started doing my BackYard Tour I got back into why I started riding...the feeling of it all coming together. I started jotting down some of these reasons for no particular reason, is that too many reasons?
Hyperlite got wind of this and so I sent them in. Being that it was my tenth year for having a pro model, which is where the X (Roman numeral 10) comes from, we thought it would be cool to have some of those reasons of why I ride.
I was a little hesitant because I didn't know if anyone would want to have my reasons for riding on the bottom of their own board, but I went for it anyway.
Looking back I wished at the end I wrote..."why do you ride?"
So, now's your chance. Why do you ride?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
why i ride:
i love it, it make me so happy, especially when i taught my wife (future wife at the time) and she got up her first try.

things that got me pumped to ride:
meeting shaun murray at the salt lake city, UT boat show in 05 and talking like we were old friends about which boat is the best, and how his bindings rock.

You the man Shaun, congrats on 10 years.
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
It is the only thing I do in my life that sets me free to be who I want to be and not who others expect me to be. Know what I mean?
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-27-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
I like the rush of breaking the law; the laws of gravity !! :-)
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-27-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
This is why I love Wakeworld. Ask a question I.E. Bess, get an answer from the man, the legend himself.
That's one of the resons, I ride and love the sport. The best of the best are real, just people jazzed about wakeboarding just like us.
You rock Mr. Murray, Sir.
G
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
I had never seen the bottom of that board before. The 138 bottom should come as a pledge sheet you must sign with every wakeboard that is sold.
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-27-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
I ride because I feel it's one of the most efficient ways for me to express myself.
Old    murrayair            10-27-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
I ride because it's so much fun, plain and simple.
Old    star_star            10-28-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
hey, shaun. i ride weekly, year round with my wife. it has strenthened our marriage and we have taught countless people to ride properly and boat responsibly. we have met untold numbers of people we never would have met and absolutely love being a part of "the scene". when i hear the pros say that wakeboarding isn't about being the best but rather it's all about having fun, i know that they aren't just pumping sunshine. it's true, wakeboarding is all about community and fun. my goal is to still be riding when i am 85. (only 33 more years left). heck!! thanks for being the spokesperson for our favorite interest. hotty toddy. go rebels. beat auburn.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-28-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Because I love to Shrip! And, I have a lot of laughs in the boat...even though my business partner is kinda lame!
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Why I ride: (1)Kick in the arse fun!
(2)Hot chicks everywhere,"Boat Babes"
(3)constant challenge in progression!
(4)meeting other rider's!
(5)ect,ect,ect,To much to list!
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-29-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
Can't match the friends I've made from wakeboarding. Nothing like spending the day on the like and pushing each other to try new things.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-29-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I ride because on any day that I have that choice, its the best choice.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-30-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
OMG thanx for the link to the wakeside zoom feature, pretty sweet. Read the bottom graphic of the 138 and it got me soooooooooooooo fired up to ride!!! I can't wait for summer!! Shaun I think you nailed it all right on the head, now I really want to try riding in the fog and doing all the things you mentioned, sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! I think I might even type p the words and send em to my brother to motivate him to ride.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-30-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Oh, and the reason I wakeboard... is cause I freak'n LOVE it!!! Love being on the water, hanging with friends, out in the warm sun, what could possibly be better than all the amazing things wakeboarding has to offer?
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-30-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Does the 2007 Murray have the channels in the middle of the bottom of the board like the 2006 model? I just bought a 2006 Murray, and someone said that they removed that feature for 2007. Just wondering if that is true and what the reason was.
Old    gotwake123            10-30-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
no it still has them
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-30-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
the 06 and 07 are identical except for the graphics. I too just picked up the 06 and am kinda wishing I waited till the end of next summer to get the 07 cause I love the new graphics so much. I might have to sell the 06 to buy the 07 graphics, I'm usually not into graphics but I'm big into quotes and inspiration and that board has inspiration just radiating from it. Good work shaun.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-05-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
i ride simply because it's the only thing that truly relaxes me. i feel like nothing in the world can bother me when i am out there. i love teaching people how to wakeboard. the look on someones face when the land a new trick. the time i spend with my family on the water. and the amazing friends i have made all over the country through INT.
Old     (cadethockey10)      Join Date: May 2006       11-06-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
It's the best way to spend a summer day (or even better, evening), just chillin' on the lake with friends and family. It's the sensation of popping up out of the water, hitting the wakes, and just enjoying yourself.