Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    jon1979            07-14-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
I am throwing down the money to go down to one of these camps from Toronto, so I want my trip to be as good as possible. Is the boarding school worth the extra $400 (remember that's about $1000 CDN)?
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I just sent my son to the boarding school. I have heard great things about it. I will know friday if it is any good. He is there now.I will try to post again, to give his opinion.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-14-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Shaun and Travis are great coaches. Your trip will be one you will remember your whole life. Hit the Boarding school for sure!!
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
I know shaun and travis well and can tell you from my experience and others that I have witnessed that you will be hard pressed to find anything better- They are both super people and will go out of their way to accomodate you- Travis and Shaun are also both excellent coaches- wheather you are trying to get up or do a mobe their attitude is the same- You will get all the riding you can take plus some! The camp house is great and the boats are incredible- Travis' X-Star has pretty much the best wake that I have ever ridden. and Shaun has a Nautique if you are more used to that type of wake- It's worth the extra $ for the one on one time that you get and also for the level of expertise that they bring- Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Alex
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Take a look at The Projects before you decide on a camp. Great coaches, great time and the only camp with a good amount of sliders. www.theprojectspark.com
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about that school. From recent posts it seems like one of the best schools around and that Travis & Shaun are really cool guys plus the accomodations seem nice.
Old    jon1979            07-14-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response guys. Up here I ride behind a Centurion Typhoon w about about 1200lbs plus stock ballast so I am used to a big boat wake. Plus I have always wanted to try out the X-Star.
Has anyone been to both camps?
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
I have been to wakeboard camp and the projects but never the boarding school. I would go back to the projects over the wakeboard camp. The Projects boat wake is always sick because they use a Super Air Natique with added weight.
Old     (cowdoc13)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have not been to either place you asked about. But I have been to Pat McElhinney's school. Pat is a great instructor for people of any skill level. A year ago I could barely clear both wakes. Now he has me doing tantrums off a stock wake and I am no "spring chicken". Pat really stresses basics. He uses a super air nautique. Each time I have gone I have come away feeling my riding had improved and I had gotten my money's worth. His website is www.mcelhinneywakeboardschool.com if you are interested in checking it out.
Old     (shakes5)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-18-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
Jon, A freind and I attended the wakeboard camp in april. We had the same delima you do on which camp to attend. It came down this....1) shauns camp was full for the time we wanted to attend, more expensive, and in a remote location...(i.e. no where to go after riding all day). So if your of age and want to go and have a beer or two after a long day on the water the wakeboard camp would be my choice. Plus the coachs are great.
Old     (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
I have only been to the Wakeboard Camp (three times), and have nothing but great things to say about it. The accomodations are a bit rough (think summer camp), but the atmosphere is stellar. The coaches and staff are top notch, the food is incredible, and as said earlier, there are plenty of nearby watering holes for knocking back a few at the end of the day.

You'll get more than enough water time at TWC, and if you're not in fairly good shape, you'll be wishing you didn't get so much riding. (The last time I was there I was extremely out of shape, and by the third day I could hardly move.)

On the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about the Boarding School too, so I really don't think you'll go wrong with either place.
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
My son just got back from the boarding school. He loved it. The only thing he didnt like was that Shawn had blown his knee, I think the day before he got there. So he didnt get to spend much time with shawn, but Travis is great so it worked out. Travis also got another Pro( cant remember his name ) to come and help out.My son loved the New 04 X-star
Old    jon1979            07-20-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
My decision has been made for me. Travis just emailed me that they are all booked for the weeks I have available, so I will be going to TWC in October and TBS in May.