Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
I was riding monday and I ride a HL imperial with 3ds boots and one of the bolts came out and if one bolt comes out the boot will just come off of the board because of the claw system. I just thought that you guys should know because I dont want you to blow out you ACL too
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man, hope you make a quick recovery so you can get back out on the water! Thanks for the warning btw,had no idea that kind of injury could result from that.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Happened to me once last year, realized that one screw came loose in the air and tossed the handle. Luckily I rode it out and grabbed the screw before it sank.
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
thats good but if you ride HL boots they use a claw to hold on the boots so if one screw come off the whole boot comes off of the board the boot just twists up and the other side comes out and you just have one boot on the board. and the board will spin and your nee will go with it
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
roddy, How did you manage that one? Did you feel it come out, or did you look down and see it? Either way I am very impressed that you were able to grab the screw before it sank .
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Troy- I tighten down my screws like a man so they don't fall out. Sorry for your injury, it must really suck but you can only blame yourself for not tightening your screws. I don't currently ride hyperlite bindings but I never had a problem with the claw system for the 4+ years I did.

(Message edited by otiswunguy on June 17, 2007)
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
i try to remember and check all my screws before i go out each time, but good reminder, sorry you were so unfortunate
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Luke, as I left the wake I felt my rear foot shift a bit, and noticed my binding was loose, so I tossed the handle and just tried to land solid, and made sure the screw didn't fall completely out of the metal screw clamp holder thingy on the Torq's I was riding at the time. I was lucky I didn't hurt myself. Now I tighten them about every other time out...
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
I feel for you man, i too tore my acl, not like that though...hope you make a quick recovery and make sure to do as much physical therapy as you can possibly handle, it helps so much. good luck with the knee bro.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
Never had the problem before but had the problem happen to me twice this year / My friend has broken the claws(plastic) while riding - the same thing happens to the boot.

Luckily none of us have been hurt.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
And yes, we always check the screws before riding - been doing it since the thumb screws came loose on some old HL Scandals.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
I broke three thumb screws while at the Boarding School. First time I broke the two holding one binding, the next time I broke only one. My first thought was how easy it would be to break something if I still had the board on (one foot came out, the other foot was in detached binding). Good luck with recovery, everyone else check your hardware
Old     (boyet)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
claw system? do u mean like how some hyperlite bindings dont have to screw in the bolt to the board? u just hand tighten?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
My claw rarely comes loose. It's the only system I've used that stays tight. But still, it pays to check.
Old     (zaf88)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
lost a bolt the other day had to sit there and cry at the site of butter without a board. i keep 10 bolts on the boat now
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-19-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
ya my left foot came out of the binding and my knee hit me in the face, they were 2006 LFs omegas and i've had a bruise since friday, it hurts bad too
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-19-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
} HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION EVERYONE ---> THREAD LOCKER

go to a Hardware Store or just go to Wal-Mart and buy some Lock Tight "thread locker" or some other brand and put it on your screws.

but make sure you DONT get the perminant kind. make sure it says temporary or something.

ALSO check the bindings every so often too to be sure.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Good call Byrom.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-19-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
oh well i guess i was talking about my binding size (foot size slipping out) not hte screws... i was wondering how a screw would keep my foot in haha
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
well I checked the board finally and the screw was cross threaded into the board now I have to yell at my bro because he put them on the board. I was just to mad to look at the board because I just want to go riding. It did not strip the crew hole out but It just. I usually dont check will a scew diver but just shake it around but I gess that does not work. I will keep a screw diver on the boat and check them like every time now.
Old     (zaf88)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
thread lock is good if your keepin one setting but i ride w some moochers that use my board but change the settings. drives me nuts.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
wow thats lame. what a waste of time between sets.