Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
The pros can make it happen behind a 60hp outboard. Were there any records set?
Any 1080s ? Anything to showcase a six figure boat?
Grow up. You are easily twice the age of most of the people on this board yet you continue to post your Nautique propaganda in such a way that causes arguments.

Anything to showcase a six figure boat? Stop, seriously just stop...

(And take your crap back to CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique)

Last edited by MattieK27; 06-03-2012 at 8:11 PM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-03-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
I like how MHunter has to come on again throwing out the "1080" buzz word yet the guy doesn't even ride. He doesn't even mention the first W2W double flip ever done in a comp (Much bigger deal then a 1080 IMHO since Rusty has been doing 1080's in comps for a couple years). It just makes him so much cooler and more credible with comments like that.

Seriously dude, why? Why are you even on here? Do you actually follow and like wakeboarding or just Nautique boats?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-03-2012, 9:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
The pros can make it happen behind a 60hp outboard. Were there any records set?
Any 1080s ? Anything to showcase a six figure boat?
MHunter, I heard that the new XStar will be in fact in the 7 figures, and will be made of an element mined from the moon and little kids tears. I also heard that the next XStar was not created by MC but sent here from the Planet Krypton which was about to explode so they put it in a space capsule and fired it to Tenessee.

Thoughts?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-03-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
MHunter, I heard that the new XStar will be in fact in the 7 figures, and will be made of an element mined from the moon and little kids tears. I also heard that the next XStar was not created by MC but sent here from the Planet Krypton which was about to explode so they put it in a space capsule and fired it to Tenessee.

Thoughts?
Thoughts, comedy-wise? A swing and a miss from me at least. Some of you fools just try too hard.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2012, 3:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
Thoughts, comedy-wise? A swing and a miss from me at least. Some of you fools just try too hard.
Soft and Washed up mostly.But sometimes clean.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-04-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Soft and Washed up mostly.But sometimes clean.
That sounds like a personal problem Robert...
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-04-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's only funny if you consider MHunter's responses. He's so off the wall I thought I'd throw it back at him.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Grow up. You are easily twice the age of most of the people on this board yet you continue to post your Nautique propaganda in such a way that causes arguments.

Anything to showcase a six figure boat? Stop, seriously just stop...

(And take your crap back to CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique)
Attack the messenger when your argument is weak? Same old Same old . Tell me do you think this boat is legit ? Do you think it is an improvement over the 2011? Tell me the truth and I will respect your opinion even though you dont respect mine.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Attack the messenger when your argument is weak? Same old Same old . Tell me do you think this boat is legit ? Do you think it is an improvement over the 2011? Tell me the truth and I will respect your opinion even though you dont respect mine.
There is zero to respect for a man who is close to retirement age claiming pros can do similar tricks off a 60hp outboard, asking if any records were set, or asking if 1080s were done. Keep in mind the only way a 1080 was done in comp behind the G23 was a bs extra in the competition, not during a true run. Stop with loaded questions/comments, you might think its a cute way to get your point across but to most of us they clarify that your whole mission on this site is start arguments.

You are portraying the CC owner community is a terrible light with your posts on this forum. Like I said, take you crap back over to CCFan or PlanetNautique, even as a Nautique fan myself I think you have overstayed your welcome here.

And of course, you pick my statements to respond to; conveniently forgetting to address Harleys first W2W double flip. I dislike Mastercrafts, so you can't even accuse me of bias.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-04-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
MHunter. You have zero credibility and zero respect from many people in this forum . I believe this boat is an improvement over the last boat, you claim that pros could do it behind a 60hp boat, that statement shows your lack of wakeboard knowledge. I can tell you now that Harley could not do the w2w Indy tantrum behind theg23. I am not knocking the g23, but I think you have your capabilities mixed up with your ambitions. So what is your back ground with wake boarding,
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-04-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I love how Harleys dad is calling this guy out MHunter. It doesn't better on WW.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-04-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
I agree, Hate... it is funny how many of us have locked horns with MHunter. To see Bill taking a turn with him in the ring is just classic. Who's next...? Rusty...?? Zane...??? Scott Crutchfield...???? If there's one thing I've learned about this guy, he's ready and anxious for the fight!

Most of you know that I have gone several rounds with MHunter in the past. He thinks I hate CC. But it really wasn't about the boats, and he failed to understand that. Eventually, I started to feel bad for constantly coming down on him, so I just stopped. Plus I got bored. Now I just watch and read for the sake of entertainment. I have to admit that it is nice to see that I wasn't totally off base for taking it to him.

My guess is that by the time MHunter realized he had damaged his brand (the MHunter brand, not the CC brand), it was too late. So rather than try to rescue it, he's just decided to dig in and fight. At this point, I think he just does what he does to get a rise out of us. He's accepted his role on WW as an agitator and he wears it with a badge of courage. I suspect he gets some sort of satisfaction every time he gets some ink (like the ink I'm giving him now).

Cheers, Michael... and here's to our newfound truce!

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
There is zero to respect for a man who is close to retirement age claiming pros can do similar tricks off a 60hp outboard, asking if any records were set, or asking if 1080s were done. Keep in mind the only way a 1080 was done in comp behind the G23 was a bs extra in the competition, not during a true run. Stop with loaded questions/comments, you might think its a cute way to get your point across but to most of us they clarify that your whole mission on this site is start arguments.

You are portraying the CC owner community is a terrible light with your posts on this forum. Like I said, take you crap back over to CCFan or PlanetNautique, even as a Nautique fan myself I think you have overstayed your welcome here.

And of course, you pick my statements to respond to; conveniently forgetting to address Harleys first W2W double flip. I dislike Mastercrafts, so you can't even accuse me of bias.
Again your argument is weak. I never said pros can do similar tricks behind a 60hp outboard.
If you are going to quote me dont add words to twist the statement. So were any records broken or 1080s . The first PWT stop was the perfect time to showcase the new super boat but there were none to see less than 100 feet away. Why were there none on shore CC,BU,SC and MC had displays where was the star to compare to the G ? Why are there so few wake pics and the ones shown the wake is inconsistent at best. Instead of showcasing the new boat they seem to be hiding it. Why so secret is it still a work in progress?
I have never said I speak for anyone. Not the CC owner community, Not the Nautique company .Just my OPINION if you dont like it that's fine I may not like yours . I didn't know I had a welcome here to overstay or you had any authority to tell me to leave. Are you speaking for WW? I do enjoy these discussions but I think you take them too serious.
I congratulate Harley for the double he did he is the Shaun White of wakboarding. I dont think it was because of the boat more like in spite of it . What do you think?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-04-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Let the record show that I have gotten the best of that CC gutter puppet.

He won't even respond to my posts anymore. Funny, I didn't realize he was retirement age. Thought he was 12...
Old    9Drozd            06-04-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
I find Bill_Dads information to be completely biased and therefore useless. If he in fact is Harley's Dad, Harley is sponsored by MC, what do you expect him to say about MC. He is obligated to defend MC.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Dad View Post
MHunter. You have zero credibility and zero respect from many people in this forum . I believe this boat is an improvement over the last boat, you claim that pros could do it behind a 60hp boat, that statement shows your lack of wakeboard knowledge. I can tell you now that Harley could not do the w2w Indy tantrum behind theg23. I am not knocking the g23, but I think you have your capabilities mixed up with your ambitions. So what is your back ground with wake boarding,
Bill I thought this forum was a place to ask questions ,make statements or give opinions. I didn't know I was supposed to worry about credibility or ask for respect from the few here that choose to personally attack rather than give their own opinion. I am not the first to be subjected to the WW gauntlet or the last should I choose to quit. My capabilities or ambitions have nothing to do with my opinion. Its just that an opinion if you think its wrong then please correct me.

If you are Harleys father you must be very proud he is amazing . Hard to believe you would waste your time here especially on me.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Did Harley try the double behind the g23?
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I am not trying to stir the pot. I am just curious.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Again your argument is weak. I never said pros can do similar tricks behind a 60hp outboard.
If you are going to quote me dont add words to twist the statement. So were any records broken or 1080s . The first PWT stop was the perfect time to showcase the new super boat but there were none to see less than 100 feet away. Why were there none on shore CC,BU,SC and MC had displays where was the star to compare to the G ? Why are there so few wake pics and the ones shown the wake is inconsistent at best. Instead of showcasing the new boat they seem to be hiding it. Why so secret is it still a work in progress?
I have never said I speak for anyone. Not the CC owner community, Not the Nautique company .Just my OPINION if you dont like it that's fine I may not like yours . I didn't know I had a welcome here to overstay or you had any authority to tell me to leave. Are you speaking for WW? I do enjoy these discussions but I think you take them too serious.
I congratulate Harley for the double he did he is the Shaun White of wakboarding. I dont think it was because of the boat more like in spite of it . What do you think?
What did you mean then by "pros can make it happen behind a 60hp outboard?" Your circular logic is only trumped by your pathetic bias. As someone who hawks the Nautique brand so ridiculously, you end up indirectly speaking for the brand. As a Nautique enthusiast, your act makes me sick.

Last edited by MattieK27; 06-04-2012 at 5:55 PM.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Once again you choose to not answer my questions and instead go for a personal attack. Here is the answer to your question. I meant that the pros can do more with less . I have seen young riders behind small IOs and outboards do some pretty amazing tricks .If you reach a level of pro there is no doubt you would be able to do even more . I heard pepto bismol works when you feel sick you may want to try some . I Hope you feel better.

Last edited by mhunter; 06-04-2012 at 6:50 PM.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Once again you choose to not answer my questions and instead go for a personal attack. Here is the answer to your question. I meant that the pros can do more with less . I have seen young riders behind small IOs and outboards do some pretty amazing tricks .If you reach a level of pro there is no doubt you would be able to do even more . I heard pepto bismol works when you feel sick you may want to try some . I Hope you feel better.
Took you a while to come up with some alternate explanation for the 60hp comment. Getting slow in your old age? Your questions are the groundwork for endless circular logic, so why bother answering? The 60hp bs is an immediate example.

Pepto? A stomach pump wouldn't clear up the poison you spew.
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       06-04-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
I meant that the pros can do more with less . I have seen young riders behind small IOs and outboards do some pretty amazing tricks.
Is English your second, or third, language? Serious question because that would explain the crazy stuff that you posted.

Someone posted this about the Xstar wake:

"so the wake must not have been to[sic] bad in Texas if they are saying it was the best finals ever, between 6 riders. "

Your reply:

"The pros can make it happen behind a 60hp outboard. Were there any records set?
Any 1080s ? Anything to showcase a six figure boat? "

Do you really have that much of a disconnect between what you are thinking (and I use that term very loosely) and what you post?

Why do you care?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfluous View Post
Is English your second, or third, language? Serious question because that would explain the crazy stuff that you posted.

Someone posted this about the Xstar wake:

"so the wake must not have been to[sic] bad in Texas if they are saying it was the best finals ever, between 6 riders. "

Your reply:

"The pros can make it happen behind a 60hp outboard. Were there any records set?
Any 1080s ? Anything to showcase a six figure boat? "

Do you really have that much of a disconnect between what you are thinking (and I use that term very loosely) and what you post?

Why do you care?
So give me your opinion is the new Xstar wake good or bad ?
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       06-04-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
So give me your opinion is the new Xstar wake good or bad ?
I don't care, one way or another.

So.

I answered your question.

Do you have enough self confidence to answer my questions truthfully?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Do i care about the new star ? I suppose not . Is that the question you referred to?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Dad View Post
If harleys dad wants to join in on the fun, who are we to say if it's right or not? He probably thinks this is as entertaining as the rest of us.

With all due respect though, your comment that "harley could not do the w2w Indy (double i presume) tantrum behind the g23 is hard to believe. Harley looks to have that thing on lock right now, amazing. He did it behind the new star, his old star, and by the looks of the wake on the G23, he will do it behind that as well. I guess time will tell...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-04-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
^^^hes prob havin trouble over rotating on the G
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2012, 8:46 PM Reply   
So the propaganda police have finally hit the MC board over on teamtalk. You can no longer call people out for their false clams of mis info and riders doing tricks for the first time ever because the new x star wake is that bad ass and its only because of that new tricks that have been done before behind other boats are now hitting the tour . I knew it would come but man not like that. Apparently when u post factual proof calling out MC payrolees after being a member for 9 plus years they just hit the delete button on your post and never explain y 4 times in a row. They just want to say its all because of the xstar.

Whether or not this boat truly does have a pro clean crisp wake remains to be seen. They rushed it out again and had issues at the first stop. I understand why they did. How can u have a mfg sponsoring one of the biggest tours not have their flagship boat pulling their comp? But yet again no one had time to get it dialed to pro caliber and the facts whwre in at stop 1 with a sub par performance yet again.
I do hope it gets dialed cuz these tricks n wakes are getting as massive as the stereo and pricetags
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2012, 8:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
I find Bill_Dads information to be completely biased and therefore useless. If he in fact is Harley's Dad, Harley is sponsored by MC, what do you expect him to say about MC. He is obligated to defend MC.
Everybody has there bias, In my experience Bill is a straight shooter
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2012, 12:01 AM Reply   
hi darren,

hey thanks for that, just to let these guys know i am not sponsored by MC, i dont get a boat from them nor do they pay my bills. Harley is sponsored by them. I happen to like Nautiques as well as Malibus, Mastercraft, there are certain characteristics in each of them that I like. I guess it would be best if i left it at that.
Enjoy the thread.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
So the propaganda police have finally hit the MC board over on teamtalk. You can no longer call people out for their false clams of mis info and riders doing tricks for the first time ever because the new x star wake is that bad ass and its only because of that new tricks that have been done before behind other boats are now hitting the tour . I knew it would come but man not like that. Apparently when u post factual proof calling out MC payrolees after being a member for 9 plus years they just hit the delete button on your post and never explain y 4 times in a row. They just want to say its all because of the xstar.

Whether or not this boat truly does have a pro clean crisp wake remains to be seen. They rushed it out again and had issues at the first stop. I understand why they did. How can u have a mfg sponsoring one of the biggest tours not have their flagship boat pulling their comp? But yet again no one had time to get it dialed to pro caliber and the facts whwre in at stop 1 with a sub par performance yet again.
I do hope it gets dialed cuz these tricks n wakes are getting as massive as the stereo and pricetags
I didn't think you ever could over there. The MC Team is owned and operated for and by MC.
Anything deemed negative to MC or Positive to any other brand will be deleted. I have been following the thread you are referring to I'm surprised it lasted this long. I rarely post there but like all the forums if you dig deep enough you will find some useful information. At least here you can post your opinion without fear of deletion. You may get slammed but you wont get deleted.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-05-2012, 5:36 AM Reply   
"I didn't think you ever could over there. The MC Team is owned and operated for and by MC.
Anything deemed negative to MC or Positive to any other brand will be deleted. I have been following the thread you are referring to I'm surprised it lasted this long. I rarely post there but like all the forums if you dig deep enough you will find some useful information. At least here you can post your opinion without fear of deletion. You may get slammed but you wont get deleted."

Honestly, if you dislike mastercraft so much why are you even over on the MC forum reading their posts? Are you just one of those guys that just looooves to stir the pot or what? Apparently so, judging from this website.

"So give me your opinion is the new Xstar wake good or bad ? "

How about you give us you're experienced opinion of the new xstar? How was it when you edged in that first time and got booted? did it catch your board because of the wash at the top of the lip? how about the interior did it seem as plush as other boats, please compare...(note: this was written in sarcasm font)

Ohhhhh, that's right...you haven't ridden or been in one have you? have you been in or ridden behind a G23? so you are a very credible source i see... Look the bottom line is this...all that the majority of us have to go on is pics and vids and other peoples opinions/experience with the boat. But honestly, like the majority of you on this site, I'll never own either one of those boats! My personal opinion... i like the g23 better from the pics and vids that i've seen. i think it looks the best and the wake seems awesome, does that mean the wake in the xstar is crap? no not at all, i have no experience with either, and probably never will. Just don't see myself owning a 100+k boat anytime in the near future.

dude...grow up and go wakeboarding, even if it is behind your 60hp jon boat, it doesn't matter, just have fun and quit bashing things that you have no personal experience with. its making you look like an idiot.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-05-2012, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I didn't think you ever could over there. The MC Team is owned and operated for and by MC.
Anything deemed negative to MC or Positive to any other brand will be deleted. I have been following the thread you are referring to I'm surprised it lasted this long. I rarely post there but like all the forums if you dig deep enough you will find some useful information. At least here you can post your opinion without fear of deletion. You may get slammed but you wont get deleted.
Biased censorship for marketing purposes disqualifies them from being a credible forum. Just shut it down.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-05-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anything deemed negative to MC or Positive to any other brand will be deleted. I have been following the thread you are referring to I'm surprised it lasted this long. I rarely post there but like all the forums if you dig deep enough you will find some useful information. At least here you can post your opinion without fear of deletion. You may get slammed but you wont get deleted
Its a bummer but you really can't blame them. You wouldn't want some chick standing in front of your bedroom claiming you gave her the clap would ya? That board wasnt made for that. Theres a lot of useful information on TT for mc owners but its also a glaring reminder of some of MC's eff ups. I have not ridden or been in the new xstar but to be honest to me its straight up fugly. I'd take a 40xstar every day over that thing.

IMHO MC has made some great boats IE. 190, 3rd gen xstar, 205v, etc but the new boats and whistles are just poor imho. Someone can jump my crap too but if I read one more post about crappy timers, f'd up power towers, comp's not working, or even see one more motocross tower Im gonna lose it. Someone needs to step in over there and slap some ass.

PS I'm a MC homer for the most part just making my observation

Last edited by williamburell; 06-05-2012 at 6:42 AM.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
"I didn't think you ever could over there. The MC Team is owned and operated for and by MC.
Anything deemed negative to MC or Positive to any other brand will be deleted. I have been following the thread you are referring to I'm surprised it lasted this long. I rarely post there but like all the forums if you dig deep enough you will find some useful information. At least here you can post your opinion without fear of deletion. You may get slammed but you wont get deleted."

Honestly, if you dislike mastercraft so much why are you even over on the MC forum reading their posts? Are you just one of those guys that just looooves to stir the pot or what? Apparently so, judging from this website.

"So give me your opinion is the new Xstar wake good or bad ? "

How about you give us you're experienced opinion of the new xstar? How was it when you edged in that first time and got booted? did it catch your board because of the wash at the top of the lip? how about the interior did it seem as plush as other boats, please compare...(note: this was written in sarcasm font)

Ohhhhh, that's right...you haven't ridden or been in one have you? have you been in or ridden behind a G23? so you are a very credible source i see... Look the bottom line is this...all that the majority of us have to go on is pics and vids and other peoples opinions/experience with the boat. But honestly, like the majority of you on this site, I'll never own either one of those boats! My personal opinion... i like the g23 better from the pics and vids that i've seen. i think it looks the best and the wake seems awesome, does that mean the wake in the xstar is crap? no not at all, i have no experience with either, and probably never will. Just don't see myself owning a 100+k boat anytime in the near future.

dude...grow up and go wakeboarding, even if it is behind your 60hp jon boat, it doesn't matter, just have fun and quit bashing things that you have no personal experience with. its making you look like an idiot.
So here your giving your OPINION and at the same time slamming me for giving mine . Is there anything I said about the MC forum that is untrue? I dont need to justify my posts to you . I gave my opinion on the new star and was done with this thread 3 pages ago . Since then I have only addressed the countless personal attacks that have nothing to do with the original topic. You dont like my posts then dont read them they are easy to identify they all say mhunter at the top .Here is a hint if you want me to stop posting then STOP calling me out .But you and others just cant resist taking a swing. So stick a fork in it this thread was over long age or keep bringing the smack talk its up to you. I'm good either way.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-05-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
yes, everyone has an opinion from the info we gather on this site, but you take people liking mastercraft (or anything other than CC) like its offending you or something. And BTW, i stated my opinion, simply to show that i like the g23 better than the new star so i'm not a "fanboy" either way. I actually have a malibu. But that's the last you'll see me in this thread. this is dumb, this thread severely needs the clip of kate upton in it shakin her thangs pronto!
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-05-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Wow this thread has truly been entertaining. I am not posting to pick on anyone here, but I do want to share with you all the most exhilarating riding I have seen in my 20 years on the Pro Wakeboard Tour. Never did I think what these guys are doing would be done, much less at home but in the pressure cooker that is the semis and finals of a Pro Event.

Steel Lafferty - Wake to Wake backside 900 (yes he made at Masters too)
Phil Soven – Wake to Wake mobe dick 720 / first 1080 in competition for phil (off D-up)
Mike Doughty – wake to wake mobe dick 720 ( landed right before phil did)
Harley Clifford - wake to wake double indy tantrum (also landing a ton of 900 in his pass)
Aaron Rathy – wake to wake heel 900 which he doesn’t normal do in competition and it was HUGE

The wake is a major factor in these results, as well as the fact that these guys are amazing athletes too. Confidence is paramount in any competition, and for these guys to take tricks that they may only make once in a while and do them while their season is on the line is outstanding and it is the culmination of sport, athlete and the launch pad for these acrobatics.

Opinions are free and everyone has them, all I would suggest is until you get to ride something you ought to think about how you post. The X Star wake is absolutely amazing, the most kick off a wake and the best approach and transition I have EVER hit, thus so I feel like a young kid every time I hit that wake.

Come see it, go ride it, it will impress you. BTW that is Harley's dad too and he's a bruiser, and I love him!! And YES I am biased, but I have been behind these boats too.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-05-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Hi Zane, wanted to thank you guys again. My kids talked about you guys all weekend.. I really appreciate you guys being so nice to them and making them enjoy themselves so much..

For the WW guys... Zane, Rusty, Steel, Harley, and Nicola all went to the river with us Sunday and put on quite a show. I can honestly say that they are some of the most down to earth and encouraging pro athletes that I've met. Being a pro athlete is quite an accomplishment but remembering where you came from and taking the time to hang with the kids is even more impressive if you ask me. Thank you again guys and good luck this weekend.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-05-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Good times....
Attached Images

Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-05-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Graig, Awsome photos and thanks for sharing, looks like you guys had a blast.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-05-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
You're welcome. You know, I see a ton of great boarders being in this business, but these guys are ridiculous when you are seeing them from the boat man.. They put on quite a show and make it look so easy.. Steel rode on the paddle board forever with my son Jaxson and then asked him to ride doubles with him. He was totally stoked to say the least. That's what it's all about... Regardless of brand.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-05-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
And FYI... that's not the Xstar wake in the pics... It's a fully loaded G23 with lead in the bow..
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-05-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
ha j/k

it's an empty X-30 about 18mph
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-05-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I agree, Hate... it is funny how many of us have locked horns with MHunter. To see Bill taking a turn with him in the ring is just classic. Who's next...? Rusty...?? Zane...??? Scott Crutchfield...????
From my lips (aka keyboard) to Zane's ears!

I'm seriously impressed that he'd wade into this mess.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-05-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
Hi Zane, wanted to thank you guys again. My kids talked about you guys all weekend.. I really appreciate you guys being so nice to them and making them enjoy themselves so much..

For the WW guys... Zane, Rusty, Steel, Harley, and Nicola all went to the river with us Sunday and put on quite a show. I can honestly say that they are some of the most down to earth and encouraging pro athletes that I've met. Being a pro athlete is quite an accomplishment but remembering where you came from and taking the time to hang with the kids is even more impressive if you ask me. Thank you again guys and good luck this weekend.
Craig, that is a seriously cool experience. I have a 12 year old daughter who would LOVE to meet Rusty, Zane, and especially Nicola (a wakeboarding goddess if you ask my kid)... I made her a custom wall calendar for 2012 with action shots of all these athletes. As her father, hearing stories like this make me feel good about having these athletes on her wall. I can't even imagine getting to meet them like you guys did, Craig. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a pic of her shredding. It's a good reminder of what's most important... good times with family and friends on the water.

Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-05-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Am I the only person who watched Ft. Worth, and it looks like they cleaned the lip up nicely as compared to Acworth. The inboat video of Harley's double tantrum looks massive and super crisp.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-05-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneschwenk View Post
Wow this thread has truly been entertaining. I am not posting to pick on anyone here, but I do want to share with you all the most exhilarating riding I have seen in my 20 years on the Pro Wakeboard Tour. Never did I think what these guys are doing would be done, much less at home but in the pressure cooker that is the semis and finals of a Pro Event.

Steel Lafferty - Wake to Wake backside 900 (yes he made at Masters too)
Phil Soven – Wake to Wake mobe dick 720 / first 1080 in competition for phil (off D-up)
Mike Doughty – wake to wake mobe dick 720 ( landed right before phil did)
Harley Clifford - wake to wake double indy tantrum (also landing a ton of 900 in his pass)
Aaron Rathy – wake to wake heel 900 which he doesn’t normal do in competition and it was HUGE

The wake is a major factor in these results, as well as the fact that these guys are amazing athletes too. Confidence is paramount in any competition, and for these guys to take tricks that they may only make once in a while and do them while their season is on the line is outstanding and it is the culmination of sport, athlete and the launch pad for these acrobatics.

Opinions are free and everyone has them, all I would suggest is until you get to ride something you ought to think about how you post. The X Star wake is absolutely amazing, the most kick off a wake and the best approach and transition I have EVER hit, thus so I feel like a young kid every time I hit that wake.

Come see it, go ride it, it will impress you. BTW that is Harley's dad too and he's a bruiser, and I love him!! And YES I am biased, but I have been behind these boats too.
No offense Zane, but you talking up a Mastercraft is like MHunter talking up Nautiques, there is a bias involved. (Props on the lack of circular logic though, and hey at least you work for MC)

I think you are spot on about riding before you post. The funny thing is the people doing the most chest thumping about either product are never going to ride or own one in the first place. Personally, I think these halo boats push CC & MC engineering & design, and result in better products from both companies. That is a benefit to everyone.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-05-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
New Rule, before you post anything, look through these pictures (don't read any of the BS) and then think about if it's really even worth it to post. IF you still plan on posting more crap, then go back and look again. If that still doesn't work... well.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793609

Last edited by wakereviews; 06-05-2012 at 1:34 PM. Reason: ...
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-05-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
New Rule, before you post anything, look through these pictures (don't read any of the BS) and then think about if it's really even worth it to post. IF you still plan on posting more crap, then go back and look again. If that still doesn't work... well.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793609
What were we talking about????? I seem to have forgotten..
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-05-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Of how blondes are better, brunettes are crusty and washed out

Im joking but after those pictures it does have me attracted to brunettes over my norm.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-05-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9645glazier View Post
Am I the only person who watched Ft. Worth, and it looks like they cleaned the lip up nicely as compared to Acworth. The inboat video of Harley's double tantrum looks massive and super crisp.
I was thinking the same thing.

Now, the only reason I'm diving into this mess is because I like to defend an underdog and piss off MHunter, but, one thing that the new Star will and does do better than the G23 is sell itself on sex appeal. MC will sell many more new Stars than CC will sell G23's because the Mastercraft XStar has been the rockstar wakeboat for the past decade, and you can't undo that overnight. No matter how crisp and clean and tall the G23's wake is, the Star brings the girls to the yard unlike any other. Fact is connoisseurs may know the G23 has a better wake but 4/5 weekend warriors and boat bunnies will ooze over the Star before the G23 (MHunter aside, whose life has been a perpetual joygasm since the G23 has come out).

And shallow guys like me who will never pull a double indy tantrum care about that.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-05-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Lol wow...So what ur saying is that MC Xstar owners are douche bags and are nuts over Jersey Shore? And all about their image?? Never heard this before if thats what you're saying??
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-05-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Watching Harley's final run here http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...un-from-texas/ it would appear the one side of the wake looks amazing but the other is kind of crumbly. Maybe the boat wasn't balanced properly. I've even taken screen shots of his toe and heelside approaches: his toeside looks super clean, but the heelside not so much. But it's clear that guys are throwing down on this thing like Zane mentioned.
I'm not sure why I've become so obsessed with this thread. I don't own a MC nor will I ever be able to afford any wake boat. I feel like I've become possessed by WW or something.
Attached Images

Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-05-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Lol wow...So what ur saying is that MC Xstar owners are douche bags and are nuts over Jersey Shore? And all about their image?? Never heard this before if thats what you're saying??
I'm saying that if MHunter had a G23 he'd have Party Rock Anthem and dubstep on repeat. That is if he wasn't so old...

But I can see it now, Mhunter will chastise me for the personal attack, but the personal attack is at the heart of the matter. His oldness brings into question his ability to make coherent decisions and statements from a medical perspective. His odds of having dementia or some other mind-numbing disease are high if not absolute. His old man ramblings are just that, his neurons firing in random, nonsensical order and I'm surprised he can function for long enough to one-finger type on his drool-soaked keyboard his propaganda-soaked musings.

Notice he doesn't even respond to me anymore.

And as for you, don't put words in my mouth. I am impressed by your syllogistic reasoning, however, I respect anyone that simply gets on the water and has a good time, regardless of the badging on their boat. Though I love the mud slinging that goes on here!!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-05-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Both redik! I still think the G looks way "sexier"
Attached Images

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-05-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Are those snaps all the way around the XSTAR? When did that become cool again? I think the MXZ has it in the bow also.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-05-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
So what's the best boat for under 22k then?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-05-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
I can't get over how forward-looking the design of the G23 is. Especially in that similar shot to the X-Star.

The X-Star looks like a nice iterative jump over the last X-Star and maybe most boats, even the Super Air Nautique 230 and the Wakesetters.

But the G23 isn't iterative. It looks like Correct Craft said "f#ck it, we're doing it like this now."

...and for that, they won big. Payoff is already happening. My little bird says they can't make them fast enough and have needed to double-up on quality assurance because the few G23's they are building, they are building fast. Faster than they've ever bult boats, he said.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
I can't get over how forward-looking the design of the G23 is. Especially in that similar shot to the X-Star.

The X-Star looks like a nice iterative jump over the last X-Star and maybe most boats, even the Super Air Nautique 230 and the Wakesetters.

But the G23 isn't iterative. It looks like Correct Craft said "f#ck it, we're doing it like this now."

...and for that, they won big. Payoff is already happening. My little bird says they can't make them fast enough and have needed to double-up on quality assurance because the few G23's they are building, they are building fast. Faster than they've ever bult boats, he said.
Is that why we have seen so many build threads? Or are the owners so proud of their boats they don't waste their time on WW?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
That wake is god awful in those pics of Harleys run..........

Proof is in the pics not in the MC payroll comments . These guys are boosting sick tricks because they are pro riders, not because the MC wake is all that. While bigger wakes have led to more progression and at much faster paces then ever before, anyone who is saying that wake is dialed is on crack or paid to say so to keep their job.................I mean no disrespect to Zane as he is my all time favorite rider and someone who I have always respected and still do. I have owned almost every one of his boards most still up at my lake house garage . He is a great spokesperson and a solid tourstop guide. However I was behind the prototype and see all the pics and vids and the proof is in the posts and the vids. The wake is not dialed and the boat was still rushed. The fact that they didn't get to work it before the tour started is showing and they are still playing catch up everyday. There is no doubt there is a wall of water being pumped up. ITs just a hot mess of a white wash on occasions. Not consistent at all which is anything but great for a pro tour boat that is supposed to be the best machine in production,

There is already a recall on the new Power Tower i believe it the third version/revision since it came out . And the 2012 VDIG/Big pp issues have left new owners stranded and with half a working boat.

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-05-2012 at 6:33 PM.
Old     (Big_Mick)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-05-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Its all not surprising that MC sponsored riders are doing well on the pro tour this year, as they have had plenty of time behind the washy, messy wake they know how to hit. The other riders could be having trouble with the wake and not able to get there runs dial in!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-05-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
The G23 is SICK! It wins one look/styling all the way in my book.

Both the G23 and the XSTAR would create a great wake but it looks like the XSTAR is likely more difficult to keep clean (since it is a mess in so many videos).
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-05-2012, 10:22 PM Reply   
Yes, I used crufty when I meant crusty but cruft sort of works too...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cruft
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-05-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
No offense Zane, but you talking up a Mastercraft is like MHunter talking up Nautiques...
Are you honestly comparing a 20 year pro and one of most respected voices in the industry to WW's resident troll monster...?

I don't care if Zane get's paid by MC. It's still better than a guy who can only dream of getting paid by CC.
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-05-2012, 11:56 PM Reply   
I like the styling of the Star over the styling of the 23, but like most people here I'll probably never get to ride behind one. I kind of feel like the big manufacturers are missing the mark completely with the wake boats by blinging them out like crazy instead of trying to make them a great value wake-wise, but that's obviously not a discussion for this thread.

It's pretty pointless to argue about the wakes behind these things especially the first year out, as first years for a new anything are typically pretty sketchy when viewed in hindsight. Let's wait until 3-4 years down the line to see what boat is consistently churning out big time progression. I think the 03-11 Star was the best wake on the market (weighted properly) during it's run but it wasn't a clear consensus until a few years after it hit the market and pros started throwing 6,7 and 8 thousand pounds of ballast in the thing. Hard to argue any other boat in that time frame strictly for wake, but I'm sure somebody wants to disagree /shrug
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-06-2012, 4:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you honestly comparing a 20 year pro and one of most respected voices in the industry to WW's resident troll monster...?

I don't care if Zane get's paid by MC. It's still better than a guy who can only dream of getting paid by CC.
I thought I was done here but you just couldn't resist another stab could you? The difference is I'm not trying to pick up the pieces of a botched new product intro. Its kinda ironic MC has a long history of promoting their product by bashing the others . No offence Zane but you lost me after those silly YouTube commercials. So lets all get together hold hands and sing comb by ya its not as it seems after all the company spokespeople said so. I dont recall seeing so many celebrities personally getting involved in any other thread? Then again with the amount of bad press they are receiving on the forums including their own I suppose they had to do something.
I believe this boat was rushed out before all the R&D was completed. This is the second revision and just like the power tower there are probably more to come. I'm sure they will get it right eventually. So go ahead order up its all good just have a little Faith they will take care of you. So am I done now or does somebody else want to take a shot?

The message above is strictly the OPINION of the author and is in no way affiliated with any group, organization or company
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-06-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
I like the way the G23 looks WAY more. Also, in my opinion, hype sells and Nautique got the jump on that front.

Although with that said, the XStar is the one pulling the competitors. So regardless of any boat having a "better" wake, when it comes time to compete, you've got to be able to land your tricks behind the XStar. This means nothing to 99% of wakeboarders out there, but it's certainly an industry statement.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-06-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Is that why we have seen so many build threads? Or are the owners so proud of their boats they don't waste their time on WW?
Not sure but all the build slots are taken through September...so Id say a majority are not on WW. I know of a few people on here and PN that have orders out. One of them should be delivered next week.
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-06-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
That all black hull on the xstar is gonna be an oxidization nightmare
Old     (jimmyd)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-06-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Yeah, and some guys like mini vans, Ill take the Ferrari
Attached Images

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-06-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Not sure but all the build slots are taken through September...so Id say a majority are not on WW. I know of a few people on here and PN that have orders out. One of them should be delivered next week.
Yeah I went by my local CC dealer yesterday and they had 4 people order G's in the last 2 weeks.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:

That was kind of my point, but regardless they both are examples of extreme bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
Yeah, and some guys like mini vans, Ill take the Ferrari
Speaking of trolls...

Quote:
No offence Zane but you lost me after those silly YouTube commercials. So lets all get together hold hands and sing comb by ya its not as it seems after all the company spokespeople said so.
Sadly, I have to say I completely agree with Mhunter on this point, my post a few pages back was almost identical:

Quote:
I thought Travis made some good points, but here is my issue. He talks about all the arguing, fighting, mud sligging, etc. I seem to recall Mastercraft being the most blatent ones at doing those activities, case in point Zane's Apple style "commercials" on YouTube that make fun of the other major brands. So now we should all just hold hands and get along when MC stumbles?

Last edited by MattieK27; 06-06-2012 at 7:24 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
I don't think it looks sexier, but I do think it looks more bad ass. Just looks like a well put together boat. If we are talking sexy I think the MXZ has the new Xstar blown away and is far sexier. G23 just l,ooks better than both of them.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-06-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Comparing the G23 to a Honda Odyssey is low... even by my standards. To me it feels more like this...

Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-06-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Personally I never liked the looks of the Nautiques. I know they up there in terms of quality, but I just never digged the tower and the look of the oversized transom - kind of reminds me of an overweight boat with a fat @ss. My only experience was test driving a 210 and 230 and thought the ride felt a little sluggish, but that could have ben the engine. Also i thought there was too much going on in the lounge. But then again, this was in 2009. I have not seen a G23 up close, but I imagine from what people are saying, its pretty nice. However it would have to completly blow me away in order to steer me away from my X25 - which I highly doubt.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-06-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Were those Youtube's with Zane a bunch of years back so bad that they made people hate MC? Its been a long time since ive seen them, but at that time I never thought I would own a MC but I thought they were kind of funny and it certainley didn't make me hate the brand. Both of those boats are pretty amazing looking. I don't know how anyone could hate on either boat really. It is definitley the best Nauti I have seen.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-06-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
When I first saw those you tube adds, I though they were just a joke and intended as a perody to the mac commercials. I had no idea MC was invloved. I found them to be kind of funny and entertaining.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
When I first saw those you tube adds, I though they were just a joke and intended as a perody to the mac commercials. I had no idea MC was invloved. I found them to be kind of funny and entertaining.
A joke, while making fun of other brands?

Let me guess, you own a Mastercraft?

I don't hate MC because of the ads, but what I do hate is the attitude the ads typify. MC for a long time has been the company to kick dirt at the competitors, which is fine I guess. Apparently they do not enjoy a reversal of roles though.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
A joke, while making fun of other brands?

Let me guess, you own a Mastercraft?

I don't hate MC because of the ads, but what I do hate is the attitude the ads typify. MC for a long time has been the company to kick dirt at the competitors, which is fine I guess. Apparently they do not enjoy a reversal of roles though.
You just need to go to their fascist forums to understand they don't like any negative talk about their product, true or not
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Since the MC reps/pros/dads are saying the wake rocks while the videos are saying the wake is a mess, perhaps the both are correct -- maybe the new XSTAR wake is great when the wake is dailed in and maybe the wake is difficult to dail in. Still, IMO, the G23 wins hands down in the "looks" department.