Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
So my prop was supposed to be done the beginning of last week and that was after being there a week and a half. I must have called like 30 times last week and no one picked up. I finally got through on Monday and they said that they would try to have it ready by Friday. That means that they will have had my prop for almost 3 weeks. I'm not too upset because i'm waiting on a prop shaft as well but the lead time seems rather extreme. Anyone else having the same problem with them?
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I had the same issue. I even stopped by last week and the shop was closed and there were a bunch of notes on the door from other customers. Hopefully my prop will be ready by friday as well.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
That sucks! I have gotten great service from them in the past........hope I don't need any work done for the rest of the season, three weeks would piss me off.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2008, 10:05 PM Reply   
They said something about the owner being sick when i called today. wish they had at least had a message on an answering machine or something so their customers would know what was going on.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
I still haven't gotten my prop back and they are still crazy hard to get in touch with, they never answer their phone.

Mikey

Did you ever get your prop?
This is making me nervous.

On top of it all Malibu now says they won't have my prop shaft until July when they originally told me first week in June. Do you think i should hit them (DCR or Malibu) up for some compensation for waiting so long, and if so what would be reasonable?
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-19-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I haven't got mine back yet either and haven't been able to get anyone on the phone at all. I'm going to stop by the shop tomorrow. I let you know how it goes.

As far as compensation, I might mention something about it. They've had my prop for a month! Luckily I have a spare but still always worried since the water levels are so low everywhere.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-19-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hasnt been the same since Dan Jr. went to Iraq. Dan Sr the owner had some hernia surgery last summer July-ish. I think he's been working abbreviated weeks since then. I switched to Jeff at American River Propellor. He even met me in Citrus Heights so I didnt have to drive out to Rancho Cordova.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Well i don't have a spare and i'm really starting to get mad.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
Mikey,

Did you go by on Friday?
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-26-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Matthew,
I didn't get a chance to stop by on friday. I don't think they were open anyways. I guess the owner got sick again. But today is his first day back. He is running through all of his work and should have the status on all the props he is working on by the end of today.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
I stopped by on Tuesday and was able to talk with him. I called him today And he was in the middle of fixing my prop and it should be finished tomorrow.